[3.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide SRS Baron Life [HC/SC/Atziri/Uber Izaro/Shaper Viable]

"
karnatakapunk wrote:

At arround 7.5k life what is the safest level of IC - CwDT ?

Your build made me back to this awesome game, so thanks a lot !

My pleasure bro, welcome back <3

There is no "safest" lvls for the CWDT setup, it all depends on your playstyle. However, I personally prefer lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC to proc it as often as possible. If i hit 8.5k+ HP I might consider bringing it up to lvl 5 CWDT with the proper IC lvl to that.

"
wftico wrote:
I'm currently not using a spectre setup because of game space issues. Do I gain a lot by using spectres with this build? (Assuming you can only have 2 spectres).

Because I'm thinking about making space for spectres, but then again, I'm not sure if it's worth really? Does the build work fine enough without them?

The build works very fine without them. It's a matter of personal taste. I like not using the EE setup which gets complimented by the spectre setup. Others prefer the other way, the difference is extremely small and ultimately lands on the personal taste of your playstyle.

"
bangaroo wrote:
Post is pretty big so maybe i'm missing it.... but wheres the PoB link???

Afraid I haven't sorted a PoB link for the build, I probably should as it doesn't take that long to make.. (in school atm though!)
I started adding PoB links to my guides after this one was made :(

I'll see what I can do.

"
Aurious wrote:
Hello!

Amazing guide. I have been lucky enough to get a lvl 4 empower and Kaom's heart (trying to figure out how to use it..).

My question is for single target. I noticed its a little slow once I hit T12+. I am just wondering if it is because I am not using grip of the council? or if I should stop using the ball lightning gmp EE and use vaal lightning trap instead?

I am probably going to replace chest with Kaom's heart, biscos leash with a high str belt and res, gloves with grip of the council and then do the dancing dervish switch.

Thank you!

Hm... gear looks like it'll make anyone a "one-thrust-man" so I'm finding it hard to see how it can be slow.
However, SRS is not a super duper mega clear speed build, it is very fast but can't compare to well geared ED/Contagion, Wander or similar higher clear speed based builds in the end.

Grip of the Council will absolutely give you more damage, switching Minion Speed is favourable if you are maintaining Rampage Stacks (with leash or dervish), to provide more damage output as extra dmg comes from rampage as well as minion & personal movement speed.

"
Saganite wrote:
"
Aurious wrote:
Hello!

My question is for single target. I noticed its a little slow once I hit T12+. I am just wondering if it is because I am not using grip of the council? or if I should stop using the ball lightning gmp EE and use vaal lightning trap instead?

I am probably going to replace chest with Kaom's heart, biscos leash with a high str belt and res, gloves with grip of the council and then do the dancing dervish switch.

Thank you!

Vaal lightning trap is awesome for bosses, but it's fairly impractical to swap from ball lightning completely. Swapping Melee Splash damage for a Multistrike gem is also key to single target.

I'm not sure why you'd want to switch to Kaom's, though. Before I switched to double spectres, I had 8.4k life which felt pretty good -- over 9k if I swapped belts. I'm sure you're probably sitting around the same.

Here's what I've got going on currently just playing around with the spectre thing, so that gem would obviously be moved...though I'm not sure if I'll keep the 2 spectres. They are tanky af and they do a ton of damage. I'm also leaning towards Kitava's Heralds instead of Wicker Men like some of the others in this thread have mentioned.

I was running Bisco's neck as well, but that required me to grab dex + int on the tree or use a haste that was essentially worthless.

I'm almost certain that spectres are the key to high level content. Our added physical minion damage beats a full spell spectre build by about 80%. The Tukohama's Vanguards are also extremely interesting due to them lowering boss fire resistance.

Also, it should be pretty apparent that Flesh Offering and Stone Golem belong in our helmet slot.

Very solid points, thank you :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I was wondering whether the build utilizes an Efficient Training jewel just left to the witch starting area to get around +100 strength?
ign: PhrozenFlame
First of all, I want to thank you for that build, made it to lvl 91, never been that far :p

Would there be a possibility to do something with animate weapon? Could "The Covenant" be somehow helpful?

Pastebin to my current setup: https://pastebin.com/xnRYS5cW

Cheers
Just returned to PoE and decided to try this build out. Had some issues, not gonna lie, mostly just through my own ignorance, but this thread and the video kept me right. Now I find myself a bit stuck though. I don't have enough life regen to safely use SRS and actually it doesn't even seem close.

*At first I thought it was much worse until I realised just how much you get from a stone golem*

I can see a few spots where I can add some +x to max life and I was going to respec a few nodes into life regen but saw you said earlier in the thread that our life pool should sustain our BM.

You will notice, if you look, I f---ed up in calculating my resist needs as well... I forgot about Commander of darkness and ended up a bit over shooting and could have probably turned that overspend into more useful life, but not much.

Now I'm broke, afraid my golem will die and take me with him, but hopeful someone here can make some suggestions to get me back confidently burning through maps.

Any advice is welcome.

Is it possible to mix this build with animated guardian? I actually have no idea how AG works, but I don't use the curse setup anyway, I just put some gems to lvl instead of it. It would be amazing to have culling strike and other stuff AG grants
in theory this is a good build but The guide layout is poor that it is hard to understand...... It doesnt really cover what level gear to really use nor what formation of gems in what gear nor what end gear is recommended
"
cocomoloco wrote:
I was wondering whether the build utilizes an Efficient Training jewel just left to the witch starting area to get around +100 strength?

It is recommended to use aye :)

"
w4rning wrote:
First of all, I want to thank you for that build, made it to lvl 91, never been that far :p

Would there be a possibility to do something with animate weapon? Could "The Covenant" be somehow helpful?

Pastebin to my current setup: https://pastebin.com/xnRYS5cW

Cheers

Cheers!

I personally don't think adding AW to this build will do it any good, you will loose potential eHP for using another chest and you'll find yourself casting another spell which takes time and wouldn't be worth the investment due to a handful of reasons:

1) Auras are incorrect for the AW to perform well.
2) AW will take up room around the bosses/targets that should have been SRS making your DPS significantly lower in those situations
3) Using another spell costs times which slows you down as the extra gain of weapons will hardly be noticable for the sake of clear speed
4) For the setup to work even remotely decently you'll need to get both Duration clusters which is fine for this type of build but will cost you life nodes which I personally don't think is worth the investment.

On the other hand, I always promote people to try out new things, the statements above are what I believe is the outcome of the setup you are describing. However, you might favour that playstyle over what I prefer, so I recommend you to try it out! And if you do, I'd love to hear about your results :)

"
Skuzzy wrote:
Just returned to PoE and decided to try this build out. Had some issues, not gonna lie, mostly just through my own ignorance, but this thread and the video kept me right. Now I find myself a bit stuck though. I don't have enough life regen to safely use SRS and actually it doesn't even seem close.

*At first I thought it was much worse until I realised just how much you get from a stone golem*

I can see a few spots where I can add some +x to max life and I was going to respec a few nodes into life regen but saw you said earlier in the thread that our life pool should sustain our BM.

You will notice, if you look, I f---ed up in calculating my resist needs as well... I forgot about Commander of darkness and ended up a bit over shooting and could have probably turned that overspend into more useful life, but not much.

Now I'm broke, afraid my golem will die and take me with him, but hopeful someone here can make some suggestions to get me back confidently burning through maps.

Any advice is welcome.

Hey,

Overshooting resistances are usually never a problem, generally people recommend you to get yourself capped vs Elemental Weakness (which means 39% elemental resistance above the cap) so that map mod won't do anything on you :)

I'm looking at your character and I see a severe lack of HP from boots, gloves, left ring.
Keep in mind that a lvl 1 Blood Magic Support that the benchcraft from Vagan gives you is the most expensive HP cost for a spell there is in the game.

Besides the lack of general HP on gear you should be fine using the build with the Stone Golem.
VS what content is he dying frequently on? Where do you find yourself dying?

(Could be that the char is improved since you posted the question)

"
Slandsj1o wrote:
Is it possible to mix this build with animated guardian? I actually have no idea how AG works, but I don't use the curse setup anyway, I just put some gems to lvl instead of it. It would be amazing to have culling strike and other stuff AG grants

Possible... well it's always possible I wouldn't recommend it though, we are already socket starved and the build isn't designed to have meaty minions surviving. Spectres are the exception thanks to the Soul Weaver ascendancy.

"
Alannal wrote:
in theory this is a good build but The guide layout is poor that it is hard to understand...... It doesnt really cover what level gear to really use nor what formation of gems in what gear nor what end gear is recommended

Hm...

"
Gearing & Stat Priorities

What base items to use:

The base items of this build really doesn't matter as we don't care about the base defensive stats such as armour(str), evasion(dex) or energy shield(int). So instead the base items will follow the stat priority listed in this guide.
However, the attribute requirement of the items will base how hard it is to chrome (color) which will be the only thing we will think about when planing our gearing.
So, if you need 4 blue sockets in an item the recommendation is to get an item that has Energy Shield (int) base or a hybrid base which includes Energy Shield (int).

By using this chrome calculating website: https://siveran.github.io/calc.html you can easily track how hard it will be to chrome the colors you need. This YouTube playlist can help a lot for new players and also includes a few tricks when coloring items with the "wrong attribute requirements" for your build: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuu-MdPs0Af8A4e3gSsJ1xDKNNcdFwY1r

"
Use Freezing Pulse & Fire Trap till you hit lvl 8 where you get yourself Melee Splash, remember to pick up SRS after "Breaking Some Eggs" quest in Mud Flats and if you lack Strength to use the Melee Splash gem, simply equip yourself with a Heavy Belt or any strength providing item.

Once you've reached lvl 20 you can equip a Brightbeak to use together with a shield for Shield Charge + Faster Attacks to speed through the content.

At lvl 26 you are able to use the unique called The Baron which will carry you through the rest of the game up to about later yellow tier maps before you will feel the need to get a 2h weapon. However, if you are unable to afford a Baron helmet, any +1 and later +2 Minion Gems rolled helmet will do exactly the same! Do keep in mind that 2 blue sockets is all you need since Mistress of Sacrifice is fixing all your cast speed, making Spell Echo ineffective on top of being too expensive to use for the coloring of the helmet.

Before you get your Blood Magic 2hander I would suggest for you to run with a high lvl clarity gem and if you wish you could ignore the 6 points invested in the aura nodes and put them all towards Necromantic Aegis and use the Victario's Charity for enhanced clear speed till you have what you need. A 4L in the Baron (or +2 minion helmet) is sufficient to carry you through most maps, including Excavation with the help of the charges produced by the charity shield!

"
Defensive Stats:

1. Life
2. Resistances
3. Strength

Offensive Stats:

1. Minion Damage
2. Strength

If there is a better way to explain this, please, do tell so that I may update all my guides to be easier to understand for everyone in our community. I feel that everything is covered but if there is a better way to explain or show it I'd love to improve the guide :)
"

I'm looking at your character and I see a severe lack of HP from boots, gloves, left ring.
Keep in mind that a lvl 1 Blood Magic Support that the benchcraft from Vagan gives you is the most expensive HP cost for a spell there is in the game.

ok. I'll fix that next. Thanks for the reply
"
Possible... well it's always possible I wouldn't recommend it though, we are already socket starved and the build isn't designed to have meaty minions surviving. Spectres are the exception thanks to the Soul Weaver ascendancy.

What gem setup would recommend though? Is it like any other minion gem, and I should just buff it with minion life and minion res support gems for survivability?
"
Skuzzy wrote:
"

ok. I'll fix that next. Thanks for the reply

My pleasure bro! :)

"
Slandsj1o wrote:
"

What gem setup would recommend though? Is it like any other minion gem, and I should just buff it with minion life and minion res support gems for survivability?

I honestly wouldn't use them all, they don't provide enough benefits. At least that's my personal preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info