State of Emergency in Nevada!!!!

Last bumped on Jul 12, 2017, 9:30:21 PM
Whoa, that's why I prefer whisky.... can't run out of that at least
Cant you just grow your own if legal? Like house plants that give you a buzz?

Probably the state deadbeats want a piece of the action for doing nothing like everything else?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 11, 2017, 10:16:11 PM
Why can't it be recreational legal in New York...I smoked for over 7 years and had to stop because of a drug test for full time employees where I work. I would totally start smoking marijuana again though if it was 100% legal in New York. Maybe in another 5 or 6 years it will happen!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Probably the state deadbeats want a piece of the action for doing nothing like everything else?
you can grow but there's a limit. also, do realize that like with wheat and making your own bread, it's different vs just going and buying bread you want. you need to have proper lightning and watering and wait when it flowers.
"
Why can't it be recreational legal in New York...I smoked for over 7 years and had to stop because of a drug test for full time employees where I work. I would totally start smoking marijuana again though if it was 100% legal in New York. Maybe in another 5 or 6 years it will happen!
I've had a card in cali for last 3 years (and for a real reason too), and it was one of the best decisions I've made. not that buds hard to get in the bay area (obviously not), but there's just something special coming to a dispensary that has 30 different kinds of flowers alone. and I'm a sativa guy so different strains are harder to get.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

If you grow your own, the state doesn't get the sweet, sweet taxes on addiction.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
If you grow your own, the state doesn't get the sweet, sweet taxes on addiction.

State doesn't care that much. You can also brew your own beer from hops and barley you grow yourself without paying a bent nickel in taxes.

It's definitely reasonable to grow your own for home consumption. It's cheaper and there's not that much work to it unlike brewing. Dedicated growers already have economies of scale to help them, though, and their own optimized strains. If anything, that labor is what is now getting taxed.

I'm not a fan of hate taxes (or more commonly, "vice taxes") in general, but NV seems to be going about it the right way.
So what are the limits on production? Can you grow it like potatoes in your backyard and sell it to people?

Producing marijuana is fairly easy, cause it grows like a... weed :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
First google result:
"
1) The minimum age is 21
2) Grow no more than 6 plants at a time
3) Only grow if you reside 25 miles away from a dispensary
4) Have no more than 12 plants in your possession
5) You can keep everything you grow
6) Grow in an enclosed area
7) Give away no more than one ounce
8) It is okay to grow for another person

Point 3 is the only fucked up thing afaict. Hopefully it gets struck after people realize the sky won't fall down when peaceful, consenting adults aren't harming anyone.

Not super interested in non-personal-use restrictions, though "gifting is okay, selling is not" is hilariously unenforceable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info