[3.2] 2H Warchief - SSF/HC/Starter [Berserker] - All Content (?) (Videos)

"
ivogh wrote:
The Brain Rattler version seems to be very good/the best.

Why do you think so?

"
ivogh wrote:
The suggested skill tree tho is really unoptimized imo.

Indeed. Made a better one.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Sep 10, 2017, 1:07:11 PM
"

Why do you think so?

1. simply because i get a way higher dmg output in PoB because you can use ele dmg with attaks etc. more effective due to 100% ele dmg
Converted elemental damage gives you more options to boost your damage imo
2. 20% penetration already + conductivity
3. shock-chance + defensive mechanisms from the mace are a really sweet bonus
4. higher synergy from the mace nodes thanks to increased armor and 8% increasy AoE
5. your endgame weapons costs nothing (at least at the moment)

only benefits from sword version is more attack speed for movement and +100 life
axe version just seems to be even weaker in every sense, no reason to go for that one imo

"

still not 100% what i would go for but seems pretty decent
"
ivogh wrote:
"

Why do you think so?

1. simply because i get a way higher dmg output in PoB because you can use ele dmg with attaks etc. more effective due to 100% ele dmg
Converted elemental damage gives you more options to boost your damage imo
2. 20% penetration already + conductivity
3. shock-chance + defensive mechanisms from the mace are a really sweet bonus
4. higher synergy from the mace nodes thanks to increased armor and 8% increasy AoE
5. your endgame weapons costs nothing (at least at the moment)

only benefits from sword version is more attack speed for movement and +100 life
axe version just seems to be even weaker in every sense, no reason to go for that one imo

"

still not 100% what i would go for but seems pretty decent

Agreed on most points. But what you describe as simply "more attack speed for movement" in reality is 0.6 more leap slams per second, that is huge. The mace version will get around 1.7 aps with leap slam, that is slow as fuck and will quickly make me stop playing the build...

That is pretty much the only thing that keeps me from going for the Brainrattler version. Well, that and the fact that it gets 2000-2500 less life than the Starforge version. WHich is also a pretty big deal when I want to use the build as a Bossfarmer.

Also, could you point out where you would go different in the tree? Or link the PoB? The one I made looks pretty much like this new one.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 10, 2017, 2:40:18 PM
Some good points. I'll see if I can make a demonstration.

As for the axe version, it's a cheaper mid-budget version or SSF/league starter (not having to get WED% mostly), but as it stands right now at this point of the league it's rather inferior indeed.
"
Mecielle wrote:

Agreed on most points. But what you describe as simply "more attack speed for movement" in reality is 0.6 more leap slams per second, that is huge. The mace version will get around 1.7 aps with leap slam, that is slow as fuck and will quickly make me stop playing the build...

That is pretty much the only thing that keeps me from going for the Brainrattler version. Well, that and the fact that it gets 2000-2500 less life than the Starforge version. WHich is also a pretty big deal when I want to use the build as a Bossfarmer.

Also, could you point out where you would go different in the tree? Or link the PoB? The one I made looks pretty much like this new one.

yeah i meant slower leap slams and it is pretty slow obviously, will maybe use a fast secondary weapon for movement, will see. Sword nodes and swords just give you way more attk speed.

I don't see 2500 less life tho, i only have the 100 less starforge hp, which is like 350 effective maybe. Other than that it's pretty much if not 100% the same actually.

i just skilled it out to lvl 100 and got Wrecking Ball for Skull Cracking.

https://pastebin.com/pbUbFqRZ
That's how i skilled atm. Items are just some thought on what to get and some default life-armor items, not by any means what i got right now or will have in the end^^ just to get a raw imagination on what to expect for myself.

Usually i get new ideas when i hit lvl 80 and start over but maybe i'll play this build out and see where i can get since it looks pretty dope to me, will see. If i do tho i might share the build with current gear and a few thoughts.

EDIT:
"

As for the axe version, it's a cheaper mid-budget version or SSF/league starter (not having to get WED% mostly), but as it stands right now at this point of the league it's rather inferior indeed.

yeah thought of the same, you'll probably be faster tho. Really interested in how it works out in late stage.
Thanks for the guide btw. I mostly the my builds myself since it seems more interesting to me but it's always good to check guides for optimization and to see what thoughts other people had

Last edited by ivogh on Sep 10, 2017, 3:05:32 PM
"
ivogh wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

yeah i meant slower leap slams and it is pretty slow obviously, will maybe use a fast secondary weapon for movement, will see. Sword nodes and swords just give you way more attk speed.

I don't see 2500 less life tho, i only have the 100 less starforge hp, which is like 350 effective maybe. Other than that it's pretty much if not 100% the same actually.

i just skilled it out to lvl 100 and got Wrecking Ball for Skull Cracking.

https://pastebin.com/pbUbFqRZ
That's how i skilled atm. Items are just some thought on what to get and some default life-armor items, not by any means what i got right now or will have in the end^^ just to get a raw imagination on what to expect for myself.

Usually i get new ideas when i hit lvl 80 and start over but maybe i'll play this build out and see where i can get since it looks pretty dope to me, will see. If i do tho i might share the build with current gear and a few thoughts.

EDIT:
"

yeah thought of the same, you'll probably be faster tho. Really interested in how it works out in late stage.
Thanks for the guide btw. I mostly the my builds myself since it seems more interesting to me but it's always good to check guides for optimization and to see what thoughts other people had

Yea, it looks actually great. And I have no idea where I got the idea that it gets so much less life. Must have done something funny in PoB to get that.

Attack speed on weapon swap is an option of course. Brightbeak in main and Prismatic Eclipse in off-hand would be ideal I guess. Leap Slam only uses the main hand weapon.

3.5-3.8 Leap Slam aps that way.

But don't forget to check the Boss and Shaper/Guardian DPS in PoB so you are not disappointed in the end.

Tested it:

I will just use the OP PoB for Starforge and yours for Brain Rattler, I know yours could get a little more DPS from WED on jewellery and shock, but it wont be enough to change the point I am trying to make.

Note: I have unchecked the "Have you killed recently" checkbox for both builds, it was unchecked for yours, but not the Starforge version. Only to get true Shaper DPS as the boost from it is always active while fighting Shaper. But checking the box has the exact same effect on the dps for both builds so doesnt really matter :D

Normal enemies:

Starforge version: 484k dps
Brain Rattler version: 467k dps

Normal bosses:

Starforge version: 413k dps
Brain Rattler version: 320k dps

Shaper/Guardians:

Starforge version: 389k dps
Brain Rattler version: 267k dps

I have not factored in the shocks because there is no way to do it in PoB. PoB always assumes you took 10% of the bosses HP in the last 2 seconds. Which would result in 50% more damage. But against Guardians/Shaper the effect of shock will be more along the lines of 5-10% more damage I think.

So, if we factor in the WED you could get and the shock I guess you could boost the Boss and Shaper DPS by something around 40-50k. Still a good deal away. Also I think Blasphemy+Vulnerability is a waste, as a totem build it is easy to manually curse the harder enemies. Also, I prefer not to run around my totems with the joke that is Blasphemy AoE... I would use Haste instead which in turn would also be a good boost to the Starforge DPS.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to write down what I was thinking, because right now in my leveling process I could respec from Starforge to Brain Rattler without any problems and am considering doing it. Mostly because elemental is always more interesting to play imho :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 10, 2017, 3:56:00 PM
Edit: I shouldn't make promises I can't keep.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Sep 10, 2017, 6:31:10 PM
hmm ... didnt know ele dmg is so much worse against shaper, have to reconsider now.
Against default enemies it should still be better, but that doesnt really need maximum dps anyways i guess
It's actually not that much worse. Your tree lacks a jewel slot compared to mine, and also contains no actual jewels.

I maintain my own PoB for the Mace Ele build, and it should reach about 290k DPS without shock, realistically reaching perhaps 320k. Granted this is still less damage than the Starforge version, but it is technically more DPS per currency spent, even if it caps lower.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Sep 10, 2017, 8:08:15 PM
True, could almost call it the budget version :D

Also, I forgot to include Wise Oak in the Brain Rattler version. We would obviously use that flask there.

It alone will boost the Shaper DPS by 30k to around 300k, no other changes needed. A Penetration Vinktars would boost it by another 20k. But at that point we would be running 4 unique damage flasks so we would lose a lot of defensive mechanics.

Also don't forget that flasks are not sustainable as Zerker. So it would be more like burst damage for around 10 seconds of the Shaper/Guardian fight. Of course the same is true for the other versions but compared to them a much bigger %age of the damage will be coming from flasks in the Brain Rattler version.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 11, 2017, 1:31:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info