[Poll] What is the most important aspect of an ARPG for you?

longevity
Character building. The one thing GGG constantly fucks with.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
making new characters and the GRIND! love the grind! ^^
I like to make builds that I get comfortable with, get them overpowered and be able (through time/gear/leveling) to trivialize even the strongest challenges. I also like ideas of some sort of infinite progressions (even if very small increments).
I tend to find a build I like and play it forever. I'm still playing the same basic monk build I fell in love with when I started playing D3 years ago.

Now - after a bit that will get boring - and I do enjoying trying other builds/classes/equipment - but if the first thing isn't there, I find it hard to keep coming back.

I don't want a game where I build a character, get to a point and "that's it, that is as far as you will progress on this character" - I lose interest.

As an aside I'm pretty much the same way with traditional non-computer RPGs. I had a D&D character I played weekly for 5 years. I had a Hero System/Champions character I played for 16 years.
Proud Console Player
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Character building. The one thing GGG constantly fucks with.

thats how the game stays fresh

I dont see any any key!
I like making all sort of silly builds.

If I can make a meme-build able to farm T12 maps comfortably I call it a success. Sometimes I stumble across what started as a joke, but ended up being a really good farming build (up to T14-T15 maps speedclearing).

Always liked leveling up a new character, probably even more so after 3.0 comes out.
IMO a compelling, good, well-presented story/lore is the most important part of an ARPG.

This is the main reason I loved d2. Sadly, this is something d3 never understood --which is why I don't care to play the game. I also love PoE's story/lore. If it was shit, I wouldn't play this game.
Last edited by coatofarms on Jul 13, 2017, 3:28:20 AM
"
coatofarms wrote:
IMO a compelling, good, well-presented story/lore is the most important part of an ARPG.

the title "ARPG" is too broad. this is a isometric hack n slash ARPG. And I'm fairly sure most people don't care about the story. It's about farming for loot.

Or in PoE's case grinding for currency to buy loot.
Clearing open area maps in a party without fear of map sustain or long roll times and without being insta-gibbed.

After like 4000 hours in this game, I still do not know anything about the story. I have no idea what Dominus wants, what Malachai is doing there, what the deal is with Piety. Well I do know that the shaper
Spoiler
made the Atlas
I think (not sure actually!) The ONLY thing I know about the story is what quests reward skillpoints/refund points lol.
Last edited by silverdash on Jul 22, 2017, 6:01:01 PM
Having interesting/difficult combat is up there for me. I am always disappointed with brutis because he is badass but is so easy that you barely notice his existence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info