[Theory, kind of tested] Scion cheap starter BF CWC BF 100% phys 250k+ dps for 3.0

"
slapnuaround wrote:
lvl 64 on beta .starts to shine at lvl 38 //still need uber lab /but facerolled all quest bosses so far ,tanky build .seems solid

Did you already going for maps\atziri? How it feel?
The touch of GOD!
Played this to around 83 on beta and made it as far as T12/Normal Atziri/FullKeyUber.

Was sitting at around 5.1k health using tabula.

The only thing I bought for the build was the bloodseeker everything else was self found. Personally I most likely will use this as my starter for when FoO releases.

Just need to be wary of phys reflect rares and no leech maps but other than low life since I was unlucky to not get the off colors on my belly but everything else about this build is fine to get to higher tier maps, as is.
Do you think the Frenzy Charge change hurts this build too much? If I understand the change correctly, Bladefall will no longer receive More Damage from Frenzy Charges.
well the charge changes will not really affect this build. The only thing is that we'll get 30% crit per power charge now instead of 50%. But it'll affect any build using power charges, not just this one. I had arcane surge linked with orb of storms to maintain power charges when I hit up the bosses. Basically i was using both power and frenzy charges, meaning my build got 50% crit rate and 4% more dmg for both BF's.

Now frenzy only gives 4% more dmg to bladeflurry. But on the flip side, bladefall still isn't affected because it's now getting 4% more dmg per power charge. Nothing has lost that more multiplier. The only other thing is that it's less efficient to spend points on frenzy/power charges on tree, which I didn't get anyway...but that option is gone now.

But seeing as how assassin is weak as hell now, and that Scion will suddenly become popular again, I sense a nerf coming that will destroy this build. My nerf hammer senses are always spot on :(
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jul 29, 2017, 7:48:34 PM
1st of all thx for the build, i have been messing with POB for a week now, couldnt find/make anything that seemed budge + starter + tankish, but your build seemed like it might be it even at 1st glance.

But my question is (i dont really have experience playing cwc BladeFall) what is the benefit of having cwc BFall vs generic BFlurry in a 6 link, since we are assuming Tabula here, im comparing the 2 6 linked.
I took your tree, changed it slightly and instead of Raider i got Slayer for the sweet reflect reduction and uncapped leech (good if not using the instant leech claw) and also took master of force for another 10% phys reflect reduction, Im pretty sure this makes you immune to reflect. Using a stat stick instead of a shield, there are quite a few options (link to POB at the bottom).

So i guess back to my question, without really changing anything on the tree i took out the cwc BFall and pluged in more multies for BFlurry and you can, I would say, Easily get 200k dps vs Boss + instant leech if using BloodSeeker or if using the template POB phys Claw recipe (320ish dps with good mods) DPS goes up to 300k and beyond, this is all without any flasks and jewerly missing.
So how do u think BFlurry on its own compares to BFCWCBF both in terms of clear speed and single target?

Build link: https://pastebin.com/wKumMZQA
A straight up bladeflurry build would have about 30% less damage due to only scaling 1 skill. You can get almost comparable damage if you get rid of brutality to be able to use atziri's flask and lions flask. But flasks are nerfed and uses will be limited. Also remember, the pob numbers for bladefall shows less than it really is because with concentrated effect, each mob will get hit with at least 2 blades, and bosses 3+ easily.

And lastly I've played pure bladeflurry builds before and it does seem to clear a bit faster, but bosses die faster with bf cwc bf.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jul 30, 2017, 5:03:04 PM
Looks like the new poe builder update borked the passive tree - could you update the link?
Used to play something like that few patches ago. It still has its main drawback of having to stand still for too long in one spot?
Hello, i was intersted about you build, but the poeplanner has fall( he-he), and i can't see the build.
You char, "Probably_Gonna_Die" is creating on this build?
sorry about the late reply, was enjoying poe too much. But yes "probably gonna die" is currently doing this build. It's okay so far, still just going with sunder for a few more levels. Here is the pastebin link to the new updated tree if you're still interested https://pastebin.com/2tRArRWZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info