[Theory, kind of tested] Scion cheap starter BF CWC BF 100% phys 250k+ dps for 3.0

Hello all, my favourite class has always been scion until the ascendency update. After that, I was lost, I tried everything from assassin to occultist, but after taking a look at the new ascendency changes I realized that scion has enabled a build that no other class can do, and it does it well. It's the BF CWC Bladefall. I'll be using the raider ascendency node for 100% uptime of frenzy charges, which also means 100% uptime of onslaught. All the support jewels will support both bladefall and bladeflurry which does insane amounts of damage. And it only uses cheap uniques that anyone can afford to start a league.

The Mechanics:

100% frenzy charge uptime, no matter what. Free onslaught forever.
Spoiler
How you ask? Raider ascendency (3.0) only allows frenzy charges on rare/unique mobs.

The forgotten gem only works when there are mobs that you kill, which perfectly covers the weakness of the raider ascendency node. As for the 10% chance to gain on hitting rare or unique mobs...well the 5+aps of bladeflurry and the many hits from bladefall will max your charges within a second.

The gear:

Spoiler
What I will be using:
, as you can see they're cheap uniques. Hell you can even get a better dps claw if you wanted to (I only like hellions for the insta leech), Also, you'd want a life/crit shield like this

Ultimately you'd want The scourge claws. The 70% dmg increase will go towards both BF's as well, it's the best weapon for this build.
Here are the rest of the ideal endgame gear but they are not necessary at all.

The Gem setup:
Spoiler
Body armor:
and brutality (I can't link it). As you can see they all support both BF's. Don't worry about concentrated effect diminishing your flurry aoe, it's still good as bladefall will clear trash mobs anyway.

As for the aura/curses, I'd just go with
you do have room for 1 more curse but that would require lots more investment, but for now this will work well into endgame.

Jewels:
Spoiler
Get something with physical, spell, and HP.

The skill tree setup:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAP8ACBAAAHw7KIUONCAiJgOWbj1gQ4MJb56cpIcTdwfYTZSg2mJodPnoQYe3Pv4K2L01kqZXMZ6DzDwtg1_GrgxfHKdTpQthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmPAXvfK4-Z5vkUVBH7w4UIF8_sNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8nX9hG_UQrVI62M2PZ2qbIxirLTFFf1kr0X0ijjWB42BwaB4GW9XDkgRln_GoqMPxDt8uMrC7AW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCUUfnVCT9_94BCbjZ3UgYVr6AMHyNfSP2TZLyRTrhDPKly03j_o97bpchwXwh0LFbpjIDBKhyqUjS6AAAAAAA, we pick the assassin ascendency as well as the raider. Believe it or not, this actually provides more crit than if you went straight up assassin. (if you went the same route as an assassin you wouldn't have enough points)

And lastly, this setup will make use of the new supports arcane surge (linked with whirling blades), as well as maim(linked with warchief totem) for insane multipliers.

I've tried mock builds in 2.6 and it already does insane damage without Brutality, arcane surge, nor maim.
the POB has this going up to 500K with an ideal gear setup.

Edit: Whelp, arcane surge has been changed to work with only spells. So I'll probably just put it on orb of storms.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jul 13, 2017, 1:35:22 AM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2017, 9:53:36 PM
I am honestly going to try this on beta. sounds pretty interesting.
lvl 64 on beta .starts to shine at lvl 38 //still need uber lab /but facerolled all quest bosses so far ,tanky build .seems solid
What skill did u use for early leveling? You aren't picking up many damage nodes until u go ranger, so I just wondered how you leveled. I don't need a detailed explanation, but I haven't played scion since the first league it was introduced, so I could use a little help. Looks interesting though!
with spectral throw to 28, after that with blade flurry until 38 when u can start using CwC
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
As for leveling skills, I find that sunder and a 2h weapon works well until you can get flurry. It's not like you've skilled into 1h weapons at that point anyway.

I personally plan to start by taking the life regen nodes and a few nodes from scion life wheel. After that, I'd start using bloodrage (for leech and dps boost, really gives you that oomph that you need since you lack damage for going regen/life), and then go onto the right side of scion for faster attacks, crit multi, and true strike notable. For the first 5 ascendency points, I'd go straight to the assassin ascendency node. Take 'path of the shadow' to enable building from shadow branch right away. From there, you've got flexibility in how and when you allocate the points. With the last 3 points, I'd finish going the raider route since you only really need it once you've reached endgame.

Why do I pick raider last? Well because if I did, I'd be stuck on the left side of the scion tree and it wouldn't provide much damage once you got bladeflurry going. But ultimately it's up to you: Go raider first and get free onslaught (which will only scale flurry and not bladefall)+ frenzy sustain, or go assassin and get access to more crit damage + mana leech + acrobatics.

Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jul 13, 2017, 1:54:44 AM
"

Why do I pick raider last? Well because if I did, I'd be stuck on the left side of the scion tree and it wouldn't provide much damage once you got bladeflurry going. But ultimately it's up to you: Go raider first and get free onslaught (which will only scale flurry and not bladefall)+ frenzy sustain, or go assassin and get access to more crit damage + mana leech + acrobatics.

You can still path to the right side onto assassin normally. You're just saving 6 points/levels by taking path of the shadow. Considering the requirements for uber lab (trials + gear + level), I'd rather take the raider/assassin first, then path of the shadow last.
That is definitely another option. You can always take those points back later.
Any comparison damage wise of swapping Maim support for increase crit or conc effect? With the assassin ascendancy you get maim on crit so from maim support at level 1 you get 15% phys and an additional 10% against anything maimed.. Just an idea

edit: Nevermind, just ran the numbers through path of building, conc effect at lvl 20 gives a 53% dmg boost, maim gives a 29% but increase critical strike only gives a 23% boost. So might be worth to take maim over increase crit chance.
Last edited by Priestxes on Jul 14, 2017, 12:45:57 AM
While maim being in place of increased crit may give a slight damage boost to your flurry, it will actually decrease your overall damage due to bladefall being weaker (unless its a bug in pob). However the maim effect will affect both skills even while on an ancestral totem so why not just do that, and free up a slot for something like 'increased critical strikes'?
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jul 14, 2017, 7:48:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info