A stamina based running system

If I remember correctly, D2 had the system where you can run for a short while at the cost of a slowly recharging stamina. I think this would fit very well in this game, to speed up the entire game, and for emergency kiting situations. I would say maybe a 30% increased speed for 10 seconds before stamina runs out. This would most likely be able to replace the quicksilver flask as the speed factor.

Personally, I think this is a much better system than the quicksilver flask, and is much more intuitive. Makes a hell lot more sense too. What do you think?
Last edited by tinghshi on Feb 24, 2013, 6:13:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Stamina was terrible, D2 would have been better without it.

As for your suggestion, isn't that essentially a quicksilver flask without the flask?
Last edited by Unearthly on Feb 24, 2013, 6:14:15 PM
We already have lots of movement increasing abilities like shield charge, whirling attacks, leap slam etc.

And I dont think there ever was a time in D2 where in I run out of stamina when I need it.
Please pardon my bad english
"
Unearthly wrote:
Stamina was terrible, D2 would have been better without it.

As for your suggestion, isn't that essentially a quicksilver flask without the flask?

I think it'll be a much better implementation of the quicksilver flask, since it is constantly charging and allows you to run while out of combat. I didn't like the stamina either, but that was only because of the slow base movement speed. I think it will work very well here.
bump!
I'd rather have a quicksilver flask that held a slightly higher charge, and regenned slightly faster.
"
Courageous wrote:
I'd rather have a quicksilver flask that held a slightly higher charge, and regenned slightly faster.

So, roll one with +charges and faster charge recovery.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
Disagree, not needed at all, would add nothing to the game
IGN: Kulde
"
Courageous wrote:

I would be happy with just a constantly recharging quicksilver flask. The current implementation is just horrible.

"
Disagree, not needed at all, would add nothing to the game

It's not meant to add anything, per se, but to replace the quicksilver flasks as the main mobility system.
Last edited by tinghshi on Feb 24, 2013, 11:28:08 PM
Quicksilver only recharges when you kill mobs. There a lot times when you've used up all your quicksilvers and then, you know what happens, you're now forced to run slowly.............

Stamina that recharges like in D2 is a welcome addition for me.

Cheers!
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Aug 31, 2014, 9:48:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info