[LLD] 3.0 Beta Changes

These are a few changes I've noticed that might impact the LLD scene.

- New hybrid life mod will make Tanko THICC.
- New support gems like Ruthless and Lesser Poison might change the meta somewhat.
- Many support gems seem to be usable at a much lower level. This might completely change skill setups.
- Pierce now shoots through X number of targets. This pretty much means Frost Wall can't be used to block projectiles anymore.
- Damage taken gained as mana now is applied over 4 seconds instead of instantly. Maybe this affects some niche LLD builds.
- Bandit rewards have more interesting options. If you don't take a reward, you get 2 extra passive points instead.
- Who knows how many passive points we'll have in 3.0??? Maybe PvP-only characters won't even be updated and we'll have to go back to leveling twinks.
Last edited by mimivirus on Jul 4, 2017, 3:00:28 PM
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2018, 1:31:33 AM
I guess there are some seemingly nice things for sure. Sadly all the op shit will still be op shit and everything will stay almost exactly the same.

Few support gem upgrades wont change the fact that barrage deals 5 times more damage than any other attack skill and the same applies to CWS, dots without T-value interaction and a few other things.

But, at least CWS gets a little nerf because people will be more tanky and the nerf to dmg taken gained as mana actually does matter a bit, even in lld. Barrage on the other hand doesnt give a fuck if the opponent has 1500 or 2500 hp, which is kinda silly. The broken dot skills will be even better than before because now its even harder to spike them down.
"
lapiz wrote:
I guess there are some seemingly nice things for sure. Sadly all the op shit will still be op shit and everything will stay almost exactly the same.

Few support gem upgrades wont change the fact that barrage deals 5 times more damage than any other attack skill and the same applies to CWS, dots without T-value interaction and a few other things.

But, at least CWS gets a little nerf because people will be more tanky and the nerf to dmg taken gained as mana actually does matter a bit, even in lld. Barrage on the other hand doesnt give a fuck if the opponent has 1500 or 2500 hp, which is kinda silly. The broken dot skills will be even better than before because now its even harder to spike them down.

Yeah at this point it's less about what is OP/balanced and more about just having fun and dicking around. That's what gets me excited about having more gem options/combinations. Also the changes give another reason to craft shit, which is a nice little hobby on its own. But yeah, balance changes aimed at what you've described would be nice.
Regarding passives, it entirely depends on where the game's cut-off for low level is. The start of "cruel" difficulty is now the end of act 5, though that seems like it's a bit far for level 28, so I'm assuming that it will remain at act 4. The bandits, as far as I'm concerned, are all garbage and the passives are better in almost every situation. You also lose 1 passive point from the Piety's Pets quest in act 3, which nullifies the extra passive point. Kinda sucks but ah well.

The new and revamped supports are the biggest changes, at least in my opinion. Maim in particular is probably the best out of the new supports, especially since there's no way to remove the effect of maim that I'm aware of. Pierce being a level 1 requirement might mean bowers will want it for a swap-out vs people who use frost wall.

Barrage will still be OP as fuck though. My Marauder with like 1,900 life still gets melted by people with good bows lol. As far as the DoT's go, I doubt they'll be that great in 3.0. Bleed is getting nerfed, not really how strong it'll be in 3.0, but it'll definitely be worse. Blight, which is the strongest DoT at the moment, is getting nerfed as well. Aside from those two, there aren't any others that are strong enough to be worth mentioning. Not really sure why you think they'll be even better, unless I'm missing something.

Personally, I doubt that the hybrid life mods will make much of a difference. Depending on your gear there are only like 3 slots you can roll it on, which comes to around 40 to 60 flat life, or like 100 life after passives. I think that in 3.0 my Marauder build reaches like 2,000 life, and the max you can realistically get is somewhere like 2,300 if you spec into life hard. Though to get that much you'd get either no damage or need to be FB's, and FB's can be gimped pretty easily.
I contacted the support about this question, and this is the response:

"
Hello GGG,

simple question - how far can I push my PvP-only character in Version 3.0? How many Book of Skills and Ascendency Points may be obtained? I read that in the previous version you couldn't have entered cruel difficulty to be eligible for LLD. Is that restriction now at Act 4/5 or do I really have to let a friend carry the character through part 1 and 2? Please clarify the matter. I'd like to quote your reply in the forums, so other people know the concrete requirements too. The new ingame help panel should contain this information too.

Yours sincerely,
A PoE Player

"
I'm afraid that this isn't something we're able to provide specific information on, as this is something we prefer to leave up to the community to work out mechanics such as these.

I suggest posing your question on our Gameplay Help and Discussion thread here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/gameplay-discussion in hopes other community members may be able to provide you with more insight about this.

I apologise for not being able to answer your question, if there's anything else we can assist you with feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Ethan
The cut-off is still in act 4. I'm not sure if you can kill Malachai and still be eligible, haven't tested that specifically, but if you enter act 5 you get disqualified from joining the low level queue. At least I did when I tried to get the passives on one of my level 28 characters.

Low level characters can have 35 passives maximum if they aid Eramir, or have 33 if they aid a bandit. If you want to make your low level characters through leveling up instead of making pvp only characters then you should stop after doing the Indomitable Spirit quest in act 4, as that is the last quest that grants you passives.
"
I'm afraid that this isn't something we're able to provide specific information on, as this is something we prefer to leave up to the community to work out mechanics such as these.

wtf
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"

wtf

lols
"
Shazamarang wrote:
The cut-off is still in act 4.

So is Act 4 still the cut off or is it at act 5 end boss?
cut off

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info