The Fall of Oriath: Act Five Concept Art

Oh Queen Elizabeth what they have done to you ...
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
That oriath soldier, or what/who-ever that is.

MAKE THAT ARMOR SET

SELL ME THAT ARMOR SET

TAKE MY MONEY GGG!

ALL MY MONIEZ!!!
Last edited by Snowflakesz on Jul 4, 2017, 4:27:50 PM
"
Hypertasty wrote:
Not sure about being able to kill unarmed civilians in the first part of act 5, in the central courtyard. If would be one thing if they were aggressive, being able to chase down citizens that don't fight back is kinda rubbing me the wrong way.

You play a game that has dead babies wash up on the shore and this is what bothers you

"
Not sure about being able to kill unarmed civilians in the first part of act 5, in the central courtyard. If would be one thing if they were aggressive, being able to chase down citizens that don't fight back is kinda rubbing me the wrong way.

You can do that in real life, does it rub you the wrong way? Just because you can do something doesnt mean you have to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssthIIrJQio
My first UberElder Hardcore attempt.
I would never have noticed the Kitava tattoos on the escaping prisoners. Interesting detail.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
looks sick, keep up the good work:)
"
FredZ wrote:
"

You can do that in real life, does it rub you the wrong way? Just because you can do something doesnt mean you have to.

I haven't been able to play beta, but I think his point is that every part of the game gives a statement. If you're the type to run around in-game and get your rocks off killing virtual civilians, that's kind of fucked up.

But that doesn't mean it's a bad design decision. If GGG made it so that, say, the game would indirectly call you out on being a little messed up if you killed enough civilians, then they've made a direct statement that they don't endorse civilian killing. If you can just run around and fun gun unarmed, helpless people and nothing happens and everything is fine and dandy at the end, then it IS pretty distasteful of their game, and people can peg that on them.

For what it's worth, I'm all for GGG letting civs get killed. I love dark side KOTOR runs. But just like every other game that's ever done it before (CoD intro, both KOTORS, etc.), I think it'd be much more tasteful if the game distinctly made me feel like a bad guy of it.
Last edited by Ekozz on Jul 5, 2017, 9:31:21 PM
I am amazed by the scale of response to my original post regarding killing civilians. Some responses were incredibly demoralizing and targeted me personally. Simply amazing. Path community at it's finest.

If they had made them [the civilian NPCs] untargetable and had them escape into the background like they were hiding, I would never had said anything. However that's not the case, and I think it's a valid thing to bring up.
For those of you not playing the Beta, they are human NPCs that run away from you and never attack. They are unarmed citizens of Oriath. It's one thing to fight and kill monsters and warriors of various factions across Wraeclast, but it's another to have an NPC that will never attack, will never defend itself, and can be murdered in cold blood without any consequence.
Also, if you use minions or offscreen kill shit in Act 5, you'll probably kill them without even knowing, or it will be out of your control due to either minion AI or AOE effect stuff.

It should also be mentioned that [thematically] other citizens that escape Oriath [Begining of Act 6] take refuge in Lioneye's Watch.

I get that there are many portions of the environment that are much darker, just look at the area just before the Piety fight in Act 3 or the later part of Act 4. There's some gruesome shit and that's okay. It's part of the dark atmosphere and that really sells this game for me. But I've never encountered a moment in this game where I didn't feel like killing some creature wasn't for the greater good, or was justified in some way. Name a single other NPC that this situation arises with?

The fact is yes our characters are mass murderers of the monsters, but we've never before been faced with the choice of killing something that will never do anything to fight back and is not inherently evil.

Why is it so controversial to dislike this one singular part?
Last edited by Hypertasty on Jul 10, 2017, 4:31:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info