$10 Beta Keys for The Fall of Oriath Available through Chrono - Today Only!

Cool price for Beta keys :D
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Not cool.... will they put a price tag on the actual expansion release once the beta is over?
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
I get that you bundle a beta key in your supporter packs, but buying into the beta from other sources? If your servers can handle more TESTER you should allow more and dont be a fucking greedy EA company. Whats next Poe 3.0 Early Access on Steam?

Last edited by Moritonel on Jul 1, 2017, 1:05:33 PM
How about you pay me $10 to QA your beta and point out all of the economy breaking exploits that are being kept secret.

QA testing is labor. Experienced players willing to provide free labor should be given that opportunity.

Instead GGG's betas fill with players seeking an economic advantage via information asymmetry. Exploits are guarded and protected. Broken interactions are saved for new league economy snowballing. It keeps happening.

It would happen less if it was a fully open beta. Heck, if it was an open beta, race incentives should be within the beta. Instead, experienced players are spending most of their time out of beta trying to win demi's and mtx in races. The players who should be testing content are being incentivized to do something else.

People are self-interested. If they're forking over money to access a beta in most cases they're doing it for future economic advantage. It doesn't seem healthy for a game so strongly designed around trade economy. Information asymmetry should be minimized.

I'd care less if the game was designed around self-found. It's not. The economy is hyper competitive. You win with trade and broken interactions. Information is currency. Knowledge gleaned from beta access is already affecting the economy - skill changes, item changes, mechanic changes; anticipated meta shifts enable you to forecast supply and demand of various items, and buy/craft future legacies before the masses catch on.

Charging for beta is pay to win.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jul 1, 2017, 1:18:09 PM
Nice joke. I am player since closed beta. I spent something around 400€ on microtransactions. First, they release worst microtransactions pack ever (FoO packs), then they want minimum 20 € to get Beta key. They give key to 500+ USD or € donators, but dont care about 499 or less. So new players just need spent 20 € and get access right away. Totaly fair. They gave keys to streamers but they instead play events. I play this game from beta and never got any key for beta. Not awakening nor Fall ofOriath. Not mentioning physical goods. 100€ pack to get T-shirt, but still nothing when u get lifetime 400 € support. They should send T-shirt to everyone who supported them with 100 € or more. I think this company dont appreciate supporters at all. And of course, they make tons of money on support system, but after so many years of developing this game they cant make normal trading system.
Poe without poe.trade (which have nothing to do with GGG) would die already.
Last edited by Quincy on Jul 1, 2017, 1:52:10 PM
awesome
i really, really would like to test beta but legacy just got alot more fun, sorry

Spoiler
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Doesn't really makes sense to sell beta keys for a free game. I can understand giving one with supporter packs but this... and it's not even cheap, basically 10$ for one month of beta, and why would people report bugs if they paid for it ? I love GGG but this just looks like a greedy and overall bad decision imo.
Nice Joke GGG >.>
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming
"
Tylanos wrote:
why would people report bugs if they paid for it

because they like the game and want it to get better.

call them "greedy" for providing a free to play game is non-sensical. and no one forces you to pay them to see content earlier earlier
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info