Weekly Beta Report Three

"
corosou wrote:
I have a question about build testing.

With changes as big as the rework to double dipping and all the new support gems, how can I test the viability of end-game builds? if I will never be able to acquire end-game items or high lvl gems in beta and I can't copy over a fully geared toon.

Right now it seems the beta is entirely focused on ironing out the new content, and that's understandable, I have no problem with it, but I don't see how the end-game effect of the new gems is being tested in beta. SSF early-game gear can't give you accurate results to gauge how they will perform in end-game.

GGG: If the possibility of a wipe is ever present, would you please consider some method to copy over toons or generate test gear in beta? or are we not supposed to be able to test the end-game viability of the new gems + end-game items? I have a build based around The Scourge and these links:

Right now I don't see how I could ever test in beta if it will be viable in 3.0

That's not point of beta. In beta, you are rat looking for cheese (bugs).
You should be excited about upcoming Solaris/Lunaris battle.
Last edited by Fox2232 on Jul 1, 2017, 3:44:05 AM
"
That's not point of beta. In beta, you are rat looking for cheese (bugs).
You should be excited about upcoming Solaris/Lunaris battle.

I'm a Sr. UNIX Systems Admin, I know what a beta is about, and it's about testing everything. Right now tests are limited to the early-game content you pass through once for each toon you lvl on your way to the end-game. Or are you going to be doing the Solaris/Lunaris battle as your end-game forever? No, probably not... So, yes I look forward to seeing the battle, and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, but I'm only going to be doing that content very few times compared to the hundreds of times I'll probably run a good Tier 15 map with end-game gear.

The point is right now there's no provision to test end-game, and there should be a way to test end-game with such significant changes to mechanics.
Last edited by corosou on Jul 1, 2017, 10:58:00 AM
I'm a Rocket Scientist and I really want full access to my new toy now.
"
MLMace wrote:
I'm a Rocket Scientist and I really want full access to my new toy now.

It's not about that, it's a combination of big mechanics changes plus new content that creates a unique scenario. I imagined with a change as big as the one to double-dipping, one would be able to test the effects of that in beta, and I just don't see how you can do that at the moment. If you know of a way, please point it out. It's perfectly fine if the answer is that GGG prefers to lock out end-game testing as to not ruin/reveal the fun of discovering the effects of the doudle-dipping changes + new gems. But then what we have is "early-access to new content", not a "beta test". And yeah, I threw my title in there because I didn't want to get into an argument about what a beta test means. I don't see how that offends you. Provide some constructive feedback if you disagree instead of taking cheap shots.
cool stuff
It would be nice to have a race along with the beta...
Whiping the characters AND the stash is very bad !!!
And it is even worse without NOT having a working shopping system OR transfer system from the old standard league!!!

When will the Master/Mistress sexual discrimination be resolved?

Mistress of the Hunt
Mistress of the Dead

Here's how these things work:
http://englishpagee.com/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info