[BETA] Brutality Support + Herald of Ash = working?

I still can get the extra fire damage from Herald of Ash with Brutality? Or at the very least the chance to ignite?

---
Hmm, one hour later, since no answers. Is there a beta support section I missed somewhere?
Last edited by DiGG on Jun 26, 2017, 3:21:27 PM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2017, 4:42:58 AM
why dont you just test it?

Im not it beta but the wording is pretty clear. deal no elemental damage = deal no elemental damage. there is no way to bypass that. also chance to ignite would be pretty useless when you deal no fire damage.

the overkill ignite should work though, it is the effect of HoA, which I guess you dont have linked to brutality
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Brutality makes you deal no element dmg right? And fire dmg are element dmg
Write random stuff here
Ok, then I'm perplexed. I'm trying to see if its possible to make Bladefall Totems GREAT AGAIN, and I removed Added Fire from my 4 link (Spell Totem + Bladefall + Faster Casting) to switch with Brutality, and the sheet dps is lower. Thought a MORE multiplier would greatly increase the output, over an ADDED damage.

Sigh. Ok.
"
DiGG wrote:
Ok, then I'm perplexed. I'm trying to see if its possible to make Bladefall Totems GREAT AGAIN, and I removed Added Fire from my 4 link (Spell Totem + Bladefall + Faster Casting) to switch with Brutality, and the sheet dps is lower. Thought a MORE multiplier would greatly increase the output, over an ADDED damage.

Sigh. Ok.

Well that depends on what else changed. You mentioned Herald of Ash at first but now talk about Added Fire. If you're comparing HoA + Hatred + Added Fire vs Brutality, pretty sure the first one comes out on top. It's why people are saying Brutality is not that great in the first place, there are just SO many possible ways to scale elemental/chaos from phys.
Well, scaling Bladefall totems from Chieftain start, there's no real chaos scalling there. Some sort of elemental maybe, critical on the very low side... thats why I thought Brutality would absolutely fill the void.
The added fire damage certainly won't work, but the burning effect should. I mean, with attacks, Bladefall is a spell though.

Last edited by Zed_ on Jun 27, 2017, 7:05:01 AM
Guess I should try scaling Immolation then, probably the only real possible way for me...
"
DiGG wrote:
Guess I should try scaling Immolation then, probably the only real possible way for me...

Get The Cauterizer + Empower :)

"
Zed_ wrote:
Get The Cauterizer + Empower :)

I'm spell totem Bladefall... Cauteriser won't be helping. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info