What Uniques to buy from Masters

Hey everyone,

so I was searching for a thread in which was described, which uniques you should buy from masters as they can be a real bargain. I did not find one so here is my own. I checked the prices of every item you can get from masters on poe.trade to find some bargains. Here are my findings

Sold for 5 Chaos at Master

Belly of the Beast Full Wyrmscale - 5 Chaos

Cloak of Tawm'r Isley Savant's Robe - 6 Chaos

Tabula Rasa Simple Robe - 1 Devine Orb / 15 Chaos

Astramentis Onyx Amulet - 36 Chaos

Sold for 10 Chaos at Master

Mjölner Gavel - 10 Chaos

Crown of Eyes Hubris Circlet - 10 Chaos

Cospri's Malice Jewelled Foil - 12-15 Chaos

Mao Kun Map - 11 Chaos / 25-30 Chisel

Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewel - 20 Chaos

The Brine Crown Prophet Crwon - 20 Chaos

Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel - 90 Chaos

Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate - 80 Chaos

Shavronne's Wrappings Occultist's Vestment - 200 Chaos

*Note that those prices can change drastically so don't expect the exact profit. But if you are lucky and get Shavronne' Wrappings you can be pretty sure that you just got a HUGE deal^^
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2018, 2:56:05 AM
"

So sad to see this once prized item reduced to a stack of chaos.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

So sad to see this once prized item reduced to a stack of chaos.

Yeah, CoC was being nerfed even as this item was introduced to the game, makes no sense. I got a Mjolner from Vorici just before it was nerfed. Then buffed. Then the buffed again but the underlying mechanic nerfed. So sad, I was thrilled when I saw it, but now gathering dust. Every so often I make an offline build, but it's hopelessly not worth the effort.

I play Standard/SSF, so I always do the daily missions to see if anything nice shows up, even if I have no time to play more. Unfortunately what used to be approximately 25% chance to get a unique seems to have been nerfed a lot. I have seven level 8 masters, and no way do they sell a single unique between them.

Best/rarest uniques so far: Mjolner, Belly of the Beast (offered less than a week after I found my first), Heretic's veil (was literally the first unique offered after the item was introduced, also one more recently)
"
Mal_function wrote:
I play Standard/SSF, so I always do the daily missions to see if anything nice shows up, even if I have no time to play more.

In case you dont know: Aborting mission also resets inventory. And you can check it (inventory) the next day if really short on time.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
they also sell primordial might (~170c) and primordial harmony (~20c)
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Mal_function wrote:
I play Standard/SSF, so I always do the daily missions to see if anything nice shows up, even if I have no time to play more.

In case you dont know: Aborting mission also resets inventory. And you can check it (inventory) the next day if really short on time.

Yup, I know, but I believe in putting in some effort to get my toys :)
I'd actually prefer some longer missions in bigger maps, especially when the masters get to L8 and the master don't have a lot of purpose anymore. But the general movement is towards making everything faster, so that will never happen.
Oh man I never thought of checking master daily items for uniques to sell... good heads up.

Are daily items for sale different per person? Also, do masters have to be a certain level to sell the best items?

For other readers I looked up the item list here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_items_sold_by_masters
Last edited by Furor_Dei on Jun 30, 2017, 1:07:02 PM
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
Are daily items for sale different per person?

They are bound to the account and league. Not sure what you mean with "person".

"
Furor_Dei wrote:
Also, do masters have to be a certain level to sell the best items?

Wiki has detailed info. In order to sell unique items masters need to be lvl 8.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Found it under master not the unique list:

"
Vendor

Each master acts as a vendor for items. The range of items increases with each master level (up to a 25% chance at being offered a unique item at level 8). Their inventory refreshes whenever they level up, or after the player starts a daily mission with them.
Last edited by Furor_Dei on Jun 30, 2017, 1:34:34 PM
how do you know what these uniques might be? They are not identified and so you could pay 5c for a crap item. Or is there only certain uniques that masters sell? And if so, is there anyway to get a clue as to what it could be once ID'd?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info