Learn from my stupidity, save your €

I'm made this account in the very first beta 4 years ago (did not play it after it). And i returned to this game only +- 6 months ago.
But now I moved to a different country and Poe Login asked me to verify my location, and here is the catch... the email i used.. i have no way of getting in to it (i have not used for years) , so i can't get the verification stuff they send to me.

@suport here i come
"Alright... this is going to be fun" said to myself sarcastically

Few emails later i need to Give information to verify if I'm relay the user of said account, and they ask for the payment details of the first purchase here.
Ha .... ha.....muhahahhaha

I'm together with my girl for years and i still get her last name wrong sometimes XD
And you want 4 year old info from me.. XD

And I'm not blaming ggg suport

Just....don't be me
Don't be stupid

If you have a terrible memory write things down!!!

Fun thing! don't need to verify my location for the website So I can stalk the forum for ewer @_@

Edit:
1 weak later In a drunken haze I manged to get in to my email, i don't know how but I'll take it XD
there is a saying in latvia "idiots luck" XD
Last edited by Lunx on Jul 1, 2017, 11:54:25 AM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2017, 11:37:29 AM
If you log in through Steam then it'll be Valve's, not GGG's, authentication servers you get to deal with. If you have access to your Steam account in theory you can link it with your Path of Exile account and continue playing. You'll have to install the Steam client, though.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
So basically, make sure your email account is active or at the very least you can verify the purchases.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Never understood why people change Emails. Still using the one I made when I was 11 and now I'm 23.

Like, why would you change your Email?
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
Last edited by Quo210 on Jun 26, 2017, 12:57:55 PM
"
Quo210 wrote:
Never understood why people change Emails. Still using the one I made when I was 11 and now I'm 23.

I've been using the same one I made in the first grade, but who knows sometimes e-mail services die or get merged and crap gets lost or the name you picked is something like xxYoloSonicRawksSwagx2x@mail.com
"
Quo210 wrote:

Well... I had an email account get hacked way back when. So I moved to another one.

Though, I had the foresight to move all my accounts across from that account to the new one.

Not only that, but I have a collection of passwords I use, so I can log into accounts I made yonks ago just by trial and error of each of the passwords (I just have to remember each accounts arbitrary restrictions on passwords... "At least 1 capital letter" "At least 1 number" "At least 1 undiscovered Egyptian hieroglyph" "Must have at least 8 characters" *Sigh*)

So yeah... I don't understand the "I can't access my email" complaint... Though, it's really common, doing IT Support will teach you that...

I mean, I now have multiple email accounts, one I made when I was like 12 and one I made when I started looking for jobs so is sensible (You wouldn't believe the email addresses people apply to jobs with... Then they wonder why they're unemployed >.>)
"
Lunx wrote:
I'm together with my girl for years and i still get her last name wrong sometimes XD
And you want 4 year old info from me.. XD

And she hasn't killed you yet over it?

"
Quo210 wrote:

Ditto, only changed my personal e-mail once. I had Hotmail in 1996, right when it launched, long before Microsoft bought them out. Then when Google launched Gmail, I signed up and switched over. Have been very happy with Gmail, and for the Gmail changes over the years I've pretty much snubbed them all to keep the original look in your browser, which is simple and functional. Now that Android sometimes dominates the mobile phone market (depending upon which polling data you observe), I'm glad my Gmail account is even more central to my digital life. And no need to change e-mail addresses either. I also don't understand why people do that?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 26, 2017, 2:25:13 PM
call me old, but i have this small black book that has my passwords, phonenumbers, etc on it...
it might be because i used to work with broken electronics and learned that everything is possible ;)
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
call me old, but i have this small black book that has my passwords, phonenumbers, etc on it...
it might be because i used to work with broken electronics and learned that everything is possible ;)

Black book... do you ever look up a password to call it a date or a quickie?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 26, 2017, 2:33:17 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
PyleWarlord wrote:

Black book... do you ever look up a password to call it a date or a quickie?

I have needed that thing twice over the years... first time i lost my phone and the other time i lost my secret txt.file(that pretty much has the same info) when my both HDD's blew up when thunder hit too close and fried most of my electronics.

so, 10/10 so far.
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info