PoE Discord filled with angry morons

I asked if this was normal:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zlyw5qkcg2b4tx/exile.mp4?dl=0

I was told that it was a bug, by two people who aren't programmers on the game. Today I came back and asked again:

[Removed by Support] on Discord then began asking me why I was asking again. I explained I was looking for other input.

A mod, one of these two surely, began deleting my posts. They continued attacking me. I called them names.

If you guys want a good community, you need to not let teenagers with bad attitudes run your Discord server, and allow people to ask questions more than once, if they don't get a decent answer.
Last edited by Jesse_GGG on Jun 26, 2017, 10:22:01 PM
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2017, 11:54:50 AM
Well, forums work well, posting about discord here, sadly wont accomplish anything.

I'd suggest that you contact discord server admin with your concerns. And if that doesn't work, there is always forums/global and other channels to visit instead of discord. Discord is not an affiliate of GGG so they dont pick anyone to run it, it is community driven.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jun 26, 2017, 2:49:46 AM
Isn't it the way Discord supposed to work?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Man I've had better responses from general chat than the PoE discord. Also you don't have to be a programmer to know that's a bug...

edit: wait wtf further input were you looking for? The bug report forum is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by Imaginaerum on Jun 26, 2017, 3:56:18 AM
Ah, that just means collision meshes had some good drink last night, must have been some nice party.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
mercster wrote:
I was told that it was a bug, by two people who aren't programmers on the game.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to clarify that, though?

You might not be aware, but it's quite rude to belittle or dismiss those who respond to your question. I wasn't in Discord so I'm not privy to the conversation you're referring to, but if you said something to that effect then I can understand people losing patience with you.

I feel either you appeared to ignore the people who responded to you, or you said something in response which rubbed people the wrong way. The reason I suspect this is, A) even here you're being hostile towards them, and, B) otherwise it seems multiple people took issue with you for no reason. That's a big coincidence, and I don't typically believe in coincidences.

You mention that;

"
mercster wrote:
They continued attacking me. I called them names.

Who was attacking you? How? This is the first you've mentioned it.

You previously alluded to people asking why you were repeating a question which multiple people had already answered. That's not attacking you. I don't see a problem with you desiring another opinion, but I also don't see the harm in them asking. It's weird you go from there to people "continuing" to attack you without elaborating further on the "attacks."

The impression I get is that you desired a response from an employee, and when that wasn't forthcoming you were a bit antisocial toward other community members. When simply asking why you were repeating your question was met with further hostility, the moderators felt the need to intervene. None of this is evidence of "teenagers with bad attitudes".

If you want to be seen as a victim, maybe calm down with the namecalling.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
I asked if this was normal:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zlyw5qkcg2b4tx/exile.mp4?dl=0

I was told that it was a bug, by two people who aren't programmers on the game.
It doesn't take a programmer to recognize that as a bug...

In fact it's why they give players, who often aren't programmers, the ability to report bugs on the forums.

I don't know what happened on Discord (since I don't visit any PoE discords) but it was probably an escalation if you kept asking about something that already had a very conclusive answer given which can come off as trolling and wasting people's time.
I'm not a programmer either but that definitely looks like a bug to me.

I've noticed something similar with some of the big coastal rock decorations that Haku sells.
I figure it's just something like the mesh of the object or the collision detection having a tiny gap.

It looks like where a couple of terrain/map 'tiles' meet up.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
It's not a bug. It's a secret cave. It contains a Mirror of Kalandria.

If this was the kind of reply you were hoping for, I can understand why you were dismissing those who tried to help you, by telling you that this is a bug.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
That's what we have to put up with a low budget production that PoE started out as. Paper mache rocks are very easy to walk through.

In Fallout New Vegas years back I accidentally found a hole in the invisible barrier keeping us in the map database. I could then climb some very tall mountains in the NE and get a whole view of the entire map database (a square area of land).

So there are a few bugs like I still (but more rarely now) find a lighting effects failure so a small tile square of terrain is entirely black. I can't fall through it so I just move on and play.

As my witch says "Life is short, deal with it". Ain't no big problem.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info