The Halls of grandmasters

Man, this map is crazy tough. Some exiles are push overs, some are impossible.

I went through quite a few, I got to one I couldn't kill to advance.

I forgot the name, Keith or something. The exile doesn't do anything, it just waits for you to hit and when you do, it shoots a ton of shit and and I can't tank that kinda of damage with melee.

I tried to use sunder or earthquake to kite him, but it's like he barely takes damage. I'd have to hit him with my strongest skills and in a sustained attack however I can't withstand his hits.

Some of the exiles hit hard but they are flimsy, some hit weak but can take a punch this Keith character I can't do it.

weird map....I'd like to see a video of melee who's life not CI do this.
Last edited by Warmey on Jun 26, 2017, 12:34:13 AM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2017, 7:54:41 PM
"
Warmey wrote:

I forgot the name, Keith or something. The exile doesn't do anything, it just waits for you to hit and when you do, it shoots a ton of shit and and I can't tank that kinda of damage with melee.

I tried to use sunder or earthquake to kite him, but it's like he barely takes damage. I'd have to hit him with my strongest skills and in a sustained attack however I can't withstand his hits.

Some of the exiles hit hard but they are flimsy, some hit weak but can take a punch this Keith character I can't do it.

Yea I'm life and I cannot do grandmaster map. It piss me off too. The best is you never get same grandmasters so every map is different and stupid hard.
Last edited by Kastmar on Jun 26, 2017, 1:28:30 AM
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Warmey wrote:

Yea I'm life and I cannot do grandmaster map. It piss me off too. The best is you never get same grandmasters so every map is different and stupid hard.

I'll have to try it on my raider with vaal pact. I can blast rain everything for afar...

some of the builds are increadible cheese though.

check at 6:06 on this video lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diZLi0xklQY
Any Essence Drain or Desecrate trap spam build can easily clear this map in 2 minute or so. "Hit" builds always having some problems because of block chars. Every content has an "anti" stuff and DoT is ultimate anti of everything. Another example is RF.

Can be some life/es regen builds but you know you have also "frost bomb".
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Warmey wrote:

Just use lightning strike with penetration. Lightning strike can rape this map. Gem has "melee" tag so it counts as melee.
any EA build can easily clear grandmasters and my first grandmaster carry was done by Ahfack, who destroyed the map with his EQ champion
Consistently clearing this map with any 'hit' (i.e. attacks or spells that do damage based on hitting the target) based build is tricky. There are a few people who submitted GMs that are max Block / spell Block with ridiculous amounts of regen. I was able to kill one, just barely, with my HoWA ST character that was doing over 500k ST DPS and the only because I socketed Reduced Block Chance and spammed all of my flasks. Doesn't matter much how much DPS you do when most of your hits get blocked.
I've been trying to complete this BS map since GGG released it... Always stubborn, trying with the meta OP builds (BV, BF, HoWa) and never successful... Until I built a simple CI Scorching Ray Guardian with insane ES regen. Low damage and high survivability. Done.

It took me 20 minutes to clear, but I did it 6 times in legacy league with this build. Just search in the Templar forum and you'll find it. I deleted the character because I can't stand this dumb map.

Be careful, by the way, with 1 insane Grandmaster called DanziGG something. He was the only Grandmaster capable of 1-shotting me, but he doesn't spawn 100% of the times, I guess.

Good luck :)

Last edited by opethsland on Jun 27, 2017, 7:01:49 PM
"
opethsland wrote:
I've been trying to complete this BS map since GGG released it... Always stubborn, trying with the meta OP builds (BV, BF, HoWa) and never successful... Until I built a simple CI Scorching Ray Guardian with insane ES regen. Low damage and high survivability. Done.

It took me 20 minutes to clear, but I did it 6 times in legacy league with this build. Just search in the Templar forum and you'll find it. I deleted the character because I can't stand this dumb map.

Be careful, by the way, with 1 insane Grandmaster called DanziGG something. He was the only Grandmaster capable of 1-shotting me, but he doesn't spawn 100% of the times, I guess.

Good luck :)

Scorching ray works really well. As others said, any skills that don't 'hit' are the way to go. Even with the reduced block chance gem the Aegis Aurora max block builds are almost impossible unless you get lucky/crit and can burst them through the blocks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info