Reflect Damage resist useless?

So I got 50% elemental damage resistance vs reflect from Ascendancy and 40% on a ring for testing. With a OK geared character 8k ES on a tier 3 map with 13% reflect I literally 1 shot myself on a small pack of monsters. =) I only had 100k dps and max res.
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2017, 4:25:17 PM
"
Skellimancer wrote:
So I got 50% elemental damage resistance vs reflect from Ascendancy and 40% on a ring for testing. With a OK geared character 8k ES on a tier 3 map with 13% reflect I literally 1 shot myself on a small pack of monsters. =) I only had 100k dps and max res.

Reflect mitigation is not great unless you're also leeching, ideally instantly. Reflect damage is based on damage done rather than health removed and your damage is always magnitudes more than your life or es buffer.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Skellimancer wrote:

Reflect mitigation is not great unless you're also leeching, ideally instantly. Reflect damage is based on damage done rather than health removed and your damage is always magnitudes more than your life or es buffer.

so it will get worse when 3.0 hits? =/ darn.
Well, let's do the calculations.
So you hit every mob for 100k elemental damage per second:
13% reflect -> 13k reflected back to you
-> 1.3k after reduced reflect
-> 325 damage after 75% resist

So in order to die in 1 second, you must have hit at least 25 monsters.
(Unless the numbers you gave were wrong - keep in mind mapmods.)

Also note, that 325 damage per mob and second is a value you can outleech, if you invest into it a bit.

Edit: Supposedly reflect is getting a rework in 3.0 so we will see about that.
Last edited by Rayshan on Jun 24, 2017, 4:20:35 PM
"
Rayshan wrote:
Well, let's do the calculations.
So you hit every mob for 100k elemental damage per second:
13% reflect -> 13k reflected back to you
-> 1.3k after reduced reflect
-> 325 damage after 75% resist

So in order to die in 1 second, you must have hit at least 25 monsters.
(Unless the numbers you gave were wrong - keep in mind mapmods.)

Also note, that 325 damage per mob and second is a value you can outleech, if you invest into it a bit.

Edit: Supposedly reflect is getting a rework in 3.0 so we will see about that.

A rework? =) oh good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info