ZiggyD's Death in 2 week HC race showcases another bs one-shot death mechanic

As ZiggyD stated in his HC 2 week race death here:

Path of Exile: 91 Slayer Rank 10 RIP - Detonate Dead Totem Offscreen (Death Breakdown) 2WK Race

I totally agree with his analysis that the detonate dead totem's range is way too long. Dieing to DD is not a problem but dieing to one detonating the map boss that is well off-screen and can't be seen (even if it is up or down) so that you can't know about the danger is just another poor game mechanic. GGG has listened to our complaints about volatiles and what's explained by how volatiles death damage will work in PoE 3.0 looks to be a fantastic solution to that problem so Detonate Dead totems range needs to be shortened to not be a bs way to die (like off-screen reflect).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 24, 2017, 3:46:22 AM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2017, 1:00:21 PM
I think that a much better solution is to just not allow boss corpses to be targeted, just like they can't be targeted by summoner skills.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
I think that a much better solution is to just not allow boss corpses to be targeted, just like they can't be targeted by summoner skills.

I would agree with this. I personally don't believe that there was anything wrong with they way Ziggy was killed, DD totems used to always spawn in that boss fight as far as I can remember, so that's on him. Even if it was off-screen, that's not reason enough to say it's unfair, at least in my eyes.

As for the volatile changes; I personally think that they're absolute garbage. I would agree that volatile mobs being changed is a good thing, though I very rarely die to them from full health anyway, but they went way too overboard with them. In beta it's literally impossible to die to a volatile now, unless for some reason you want to. Even as melee, if you even trigger the explosion it takes a while to explode. I think just leaving it at that would have been fine, but the whole 'flying orb that follows you' mechanic is absolute garbage.

It's GGG making the game easier for no reason when it doesn't need to be. GGG listened to complaints from people who only play glass cannon builds with next to no defensive investment, which is unfortunately the fastest way to play as well as the way most of reddit plays, the people GGG listens to the most when they should be the people they listen to the least.

Also, why are you linking a rip video from 2016? Springs hasn't had that boss since Atlas of Worlds came out anyway
For once I'm in favour of one shot...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
The Hobbit plays on HC? That's cute.

Also, he'd better tone down the criticism or he won't visit NZ again in this life.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Died like that too. Got over it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Died like that too. Got over it.

this is a massive necro thread lol
Last edited by Skellimancer on Jun 24, 2017, 8:55:31 AM
"
MECHanokl wrote:

This.

Never made sense to me,
the players is not allowed to use DD on boss monsters because it would be to OP,
but a totem (which is a common enemy type basically) is allowed to do so?

That does not make sense at all.

They should just make boss corpses completely immune to any DD from any source.

Easy fix.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
being critical is just fine, but CC's do have a bit of a responsibility not to get inflammatory with criticism or try too hard in persuading viewers of their opinions. He does a fine job, better than a few particular others. I'm sure he'll be visiting NZ again soon.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info