As of 6-22-17 softcore Legacy has 852 level 100 builds out of 11.5 million accounts

"
Arrowneous wrote:
If you can site more accurate statistics that show just how many 20K+ es builds actually exist out of millions of players playing millions of builds (and millions of non-ES builds) to clarify and justify GGG's nerf of ES then please enlighten me.

The only people who have accurate data is GGG. And they think it is needed.

All you have is your imagination.
You're also just aching for someone to call you out on the 11.5 million account number you're using as if that were the number of players. I can tell. You need to be a lot more subtle than that or no one is going to take you seriously.
It wasn't about players who reached the amount it was about the fact that players could reach that amount. Now it will cap around 15k instead of 25k where the medium end is still 9k ES.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
So if I view half of them as inactive from kids trying out every free-to-play game that they can get that still is only 0.01549% of the player base. If I include level 99 builds that's 1101 which is still only .02% of all players. So that means the ES nerfs based on GGG seeing 20K+ ES builds that trivialize all content is about 2/100ths of 1% of the player base that are dictating such a drastic ES nerf action. There's something very wrong with their thinking on this. Other than Jonathon that was GGG's on camera spokesperson for the Xbox version of PoE at E3 (starts at 1h:23m) (magma balls???... maybe his virtue gems are implanted in his nether region?) do we have recent photos of the other PoE founders to verify that they haven't infused themselves with virtue gems and have gone insane for nerfing the fun out of PoE? There has to be a better way to nerf BiS ES builds than global base nerf to all ES gear.

Historically, we know this tactic works because bow builds have not been OP since the original beta when they were nerfed hard.

To be fair, on the other hand, GGG may end up giving more skill gem and passive buffs to ES to buff it, that end up making ES far more powerful and OP than it was before. Game balance has never been GGG's strong point. They want to keep the game challenging, yet want players to be able to feel powerful, want build diversity, yet don't like to leave specific builds alone, etc.

They are trying to serve two masters and end up doing neither as well as they could.

IMO - GGG really needs to have competition servers (with players on the ladder) - with all of their latest restrictions and challenge boosting changes, and another server for players that enjoy playing the game, but aren't concerned at all about the ladder.

I think the a real awakening will come the first time GGG makes another round of major nerfs after the console players have been playing awhile.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I'd wonder if the console crowd will like the periodic meta reloads as much as we pc players seemingly do.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
GGG covered their collective arse there when they said the Xbone version is a different game. How different? Different enough that it very likely won't be subject to the same volatility that has marked the PC version's history.

Why does the console game get this care to detail and balance and we do not? :(

pc = whipping boys for the console master race.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
edit: re this idea that only level 100s stomp content as ES: please. Even I tried an ES/caster build in SSF Legacy and was crushing crap by early 80s. It was boring. On top of that, CI trivialised a lot of what Maps were throwing at me. So the combination of chaos immunity and inordinately high ES/ES regen on a fully ranged character is a too obvious easy mode, even for a sickly casual like me.

There you go again, warping reality. :P

Boy I knew Charan was powerful but I dident know he could warp our very reality!

no wonder he is ruler
I dont see any any key!
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
GGG covered their collective arse there when they said the Xbone version is a different game. How different? Different enough that it very likely won't be subject to the same volatility that has marked the PC version's history.

Why does the console game get this care to detail and balance and we do not? :(

pc = whipping boys for the console master race.

IMO It's more likely that the console will get updates every 6-12 months so it will seem like less fluctuations when they overnerf/retract any changes. So yes PC is the guinea pig but we'll also be getting content updates more frequently (good or bad).
edit: sorry posted in wrong thread!
Last edited by cosacee on Jun 22, 2017, 9:27:44 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Stuff like this is the reason I don't play PoE anymore. I'm still hoping that the game settles down, leagues start lasting 6 months instead of 3

That'd be terrible. The leagues generally become stale and slow after a month and a half or so. Could you imagine 6 months?? There'd only be a handful of players left.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info