Weekly Beta Report Two

Also can you please give Arc some loving. If you don't mine/trap it, it just doesn't hold up. Being such a staple skill in games like this, it's sad that it's not viable (at least when you look at any other lightning skill, aside from vaal arc, which is also just terrible too)
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

can you someone explain to me GGG's math here.?

Since we're pushing the Beta release of Act Eight to next week, this also pushes the intended wipe until that time as well. The following week (i.e. two weeks from now), we will also update Act Six and Seven with more improvements.

So are we getting act8 before the wipe or we getting both together?.

Keep up the awesome work GGG! Thanks for the update!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
poliboy wrote:
can you someone explain to me GGG's math here.?

Since we're pushing the Beta release of Act Eight to next week, this also pushes the intended wipe until that time as well. The following week (i.e. two weeks from now), we will also update Act Six and Seven with more improvements.

So are we getting act8 before the wipe or we getting both together?.

Act 8 and the wipe will happen at the same time.

I was wondering if phase run is losing the phys damage buff in fall of oriath or is it a bug as I had no bonus to phys damage while phased using phase run
Brutality will grant up to 59% more damage at gem level 20, higher than it is currently but it will also prevent dealing Chaos Damage, so will only deal Physical Damage with the supported skill.

By doing this, you're limiting the ability to utilize this Gem to scrub builds, or something like Ancestral totems. No one really does a full physical build as to not get insta rekt by reflect. Maybe making chaos do a percentage value of its' dmg would be more suitable. Otherwise people will just use melee on full life support n get the regen to counter blood rage like we have been.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
As a beta player I dislike almost all of these balance changes.

Unbound elements does not need nerfing at all for elemental ailments. Please, if it needs nerfing, make a separate one for poison/bleed/ignite and another for freeze/chill/shock. I really love the idea of a support gem to improve shock/chill/freeze

Decay did not need such a drastic nerf, just make shield charge's bonus apply to hits and ailments and disable minion/totem/trap/mine scaling. Now it will only be used by those builds that can get off a shitload of minion/totem/trap/mine damage, for a regular chaos/dot built it will be barely noticeable.

Deadly ailments was the only way for my viper strike character to deal any kind of significant poison damage, I'm now much better off with void manipulation and rapid decay. So the new support gem really does nothing for it and that character is built around NOTHING but maximising poison damage.

I didn't play crit poison but the change to perfect agony is harsh as hell. Ailment damage is horrible right now and I can appreciate changing it so that crit isn't the only path, but jesus christ, all these nerfs and not a single change to how horrible the new ailment damage values are? Burning damage is also getting hit, what game are you guys playing? The only ailment with any decent damage potential is poison and it too will be horrible after the next patch.

Brutality is just kinda lame and makes it so very few people will use it. It was a good way to increase my viper strike characters single target damage when I didn't need melee splash and had a red socket free, but now it will be in no ways beneficial.

I really have to wonder what metrics GGG are working off here. Did a decimal get misplaced somewhere in your statistics? Because no one is dealing any kind of significant enough poison/bleed/ignite damage for these nerfs to make any sense.

I agree with you 100%. It seems like after the mess that double dipping did in the past with DoT, they are swinging the pendulum the other direction, working towards making DoT not even worth using anymore.

Shield charge (and possibly whirling blades, but for a bit of a different reason) seems like it is the reason for such a drastic gut to decay. Why not make decay not work with movement skills. I know it's a beta but still, 50% is a huge cut
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GGG balance at its finest .. besides Decay early on and ofc Flameblast ignite Ailments are pretty shit and they are nerfing like all of them including keystone? guess 90% of the work they put into the 11 support gems are just wasted

I need to clarify something about my post before I start.
I don't care if things I play get nerfed, buffed or whatever. The game is too good itself to survive almost anything (looking at you, 3-year volatile HC deaths and unfair one-shots).

However, I don't get what is going on with Rory. I have seen many games get patched, balanced, mechanics destroyed and stuff buffed to the point of super-powercreep that killed the game. When it comes to Rory's balancing though, things are different.

The way this guy balances things, it's almost certain that people will get confused over his decision making, which is never fully explained. I am not talking about reddit, I am talking about the whole community wholeheartedly disagreeing with almost everything this guy decides to touch.

I know I have no place saying this, but I really think someone should actually supervise this guy when he decides to balance-touch something.

Edit: Formatting.
Last edited by The_Korgoth on Jun 21, 2017, 7:59:33 PM
Perfect Agony down from 70 to 30? Whyyyyyyy and Brutality can't be used in poison builds wtf.... and things were going so well..
**~~~ The Winds of Shit ~~~**

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info