Weekly Beta Report Two

so no comments on any news of beta keys being released to long time players and non payers? havnt seen anyone get a key that didnt win one or pay for one in some form or another, got too many people in beta or building up the max income from packs right now still?
For me the words of GGG about release time 3.0
No longer reliable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1x-pnc4jAI

already 1SHOTTING uber izaro but let's buff it even more :)

meanwhile caustic arrow still sucks at tier 12+ maps with PERFECT gear :)))

GGG really sucks at balancing things and im talking about the last 2-3 years not just the current updates
I held off on testing the beta this week just because I knew the wipe was just around the corner.

Didn't expect a week delay, but I can't say I have the want to get back to it all until then.

Just not looking forward to just managing to get to a certain point only for me to have to do it all over again.
"
Norbi1one4all wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1x-pnc4jAI

already 1SHOTTING uber izaro but let's buff it even more :)

meanwhile caustic arrow still sucks at tier 12+ maps with PERFECT gear :)))

GGG really sucks at balancing things and im talking about the last 2-3 years not just the current updates

this
people say balance team is "changing the meta" but in reality they are just not doing their work well
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
I usually wait and see what happens in the end. but I like to theory craft and test beforehand just for me.

honestly, I am disappointed. I tried to create several caster poison options and thought it is great to scale with added chaos/Apep's Rage etc. Brutality seemed a great way too, especially combined with Perfect Agony etc.

But I guess all of that went down the shitter.

So I will cease my activities and see what happens at the release of 3.0. But it kind of kills the hype and fun. Please remember that only a few percent of players play that intensively (or have the time for it), to exploit everything to it's max (getting all the crazy items etc.). The majority just plays casual and needs more viable skills/mechanics to enjoy the game and be able to reach to endgame content (or even just close).

Regards
W.
PoE really needs a new person in charge of balance, it's like they got the team from d3 or something.

This is a online action rpg not a mmo. Things can be really powerful or broken just like the game it was based on (diablo 2). Rory is taking the mmo approach to balancing and listening to redditors who never know what they're talking about, I've witnessed devs doing this for many games and the end results were simply killing the game.

The first major change that needs to be undone is the aoe nerf. All it did was hurt 95% of aoe builds and make it so unless you're RF or something projectiles are the way to go.

The second horrible change is the gutting to ES. Now before you guys cry fotmer I've been doing CI builds since nemesis league and it's my playstyle of choice, I also use ES recharge since most of my builds can't leech. What really made it broken was ghost reaver + vaal pact not the ES values themself. I don't see myself pretty much ever doing a CI build again after 3.0 sadly because unless the gear is really cheap like before it became FotM there isn't any reason not to go with life even if I can find good cheap CI gear.

The next horrible change is simply the how they addressed double dipping. With the current system there is very little on the tree to scale most dot dmg especially bleed resulting on relying way too much on support gems. This is not a fun or creative way to build a character at all.

Oh and please don't tell me you guys are actually censoring the tentacle miscreations. I thought the console version wasn't going to effect the PC version yet this censor and the aoe change make it clear that it was done for the xbox port since no real reason has been giving to us as of yet.

Pretty much rory needs to realize end game with godly gear always makes you broken in ARPG's and not to listen to redditors.
Last edited by ZannixFTW on Jun 23, 2017, 4:08:26 PM
I am Loving the new beta acts! So much fun trying to run through the new areas.
I have, however, noticed some major(minor IDK) balance differences between part 1 and part 2 creatures/map locations (especially bosses). Now I know that there is a reduction in elemental defenses and an increase in DPS from enemy creatures. Now, maybe it's just me and I'm being dumb, but I feel like the either the elemental balance (Enemy elemental defense and DPS) from the creatures has been a little over exaggerated.

Examples:
Spoiler

1. Kitava's minions, while the heart is exposed, were nearly impossible to kill and there were so many that I almost couldn't reach the heart to hit. on top of that they basically one hit me, which was completely unexpected since the church rooftop creatures basically did no damage and were incredibly easy to kill.
2. High Templer Avarius did so much initial DPS that it was almost impossible to hit him. specifically his beam that he shoots. If you get touched by it...you die.
3. The creatures in the Tidal Island (creatures that already existed pre Fall of Oriath), after sailing back to Lioneye's watch, are MUCH easier to kill and do far less damage than the creatures in the new areas like the Karui Fortress.

I have also noticed a slight drop in quantity of currency, magic, and rare item drops in the new areas as well. I'm fairly certain that I have gone through at least one map location (cleared) in one of the new areas, where not a single currency item was dropped AND only 1-5 magic or higher items were dropped. Maybe this is by design, but I hope not. (0_0)

I'm not sure if this is where to post this so I hope this is the right spot. I also have some questions regrading story-line and maps/waypoint locations, but I can wait and see if things change in the next few weeks.
Brutality change is just illogical.

Shutting down the use of Sin's Rebirth,Atziri's Promise and poison from Starforge+Brutality users for example is just as far meaningless as i can think of, Completely breaking it's secundary(would say even necessary) source of damage which is chaos damage, Phys damage itself even with bleed just doesn't do the trick.

That's Definitely a HEAVY nerf on Brutality in many cases.

I Would be Reeeeeally interested in see the specific reason of that change, because there seems to be none.

I'm quite new to the game, so my die hard old poe players friends wasn't just memeing about GGG sucking huge stuff on balancing the game and the lack of Consistency.
"
vladimirxk7 wrote:
Brutality change is just illogical.

Shutting down the use of Sin's Rebirth,Atziri's Promise and poison from Starforge+Brutality users for example is just as far meaningless as i can think of, Completely breaking it's secundary(would say even necessary) source of damage which is chaos damage, Phys damage itself even with bleed just doesn't do the trick.

That's Definitely a HEAVY nerf on Brutality in many cases.

I Would be Reeeeeally interested in see the specific reason of that change, because there seems to be none.

I'm quite new to the game, so my die hard old poe players friends wasn't just memeing about GGG sucking huge stuff on balancing the game and the lack of Consistency.

you did read they change bleed. was just wondering because you especially mention it is weak after they say there will be big changes to bleed including a keystone for it ......

Also brutality was OP anyway. To give it even more power for a heavy drawback seams not to bad for me. I mean it s not like you Atziri's promise spot will be left open or your passiv tree points for the poison nodes will not be skilled at all. Such a powerfull gem (almost perfectly designed for the already OP Starforge item should come at a price. We will see if it was to much or not but it is beta .... were can they try if not here.
Last edited by Tartaros38 on Jun 23, 2017, 1:13:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info