Weekly Beta Report Two

"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
"
Vakyoom wrote:

I read this post a couple times to make sure you were wrong and you were. He didn't 'lash out' at anyone in his entire post. If you think bold and underlined words are lashing out then sucks to be you... That's emphasis on important parts of the discussion and was used in a useful fashion.

As for the rest of your post... You're another one of those guys with a magical 4m dps tooltip that doesn't use assassin right? Or is it that viper strike build with 30 sec ramp up time like I've seen floating around?

I'd like to see anybody link some crazy non-assassin DoT build that's doing 1m dps without a huge time frame or ramp up. I'm serious. Post them here so I can stick them in pob myself and see that shit and we'll tell the whole world. I'll take my beating 100% if there are more than a couple builds hitting numbers that high that don't use decay enabling more modifier skills or assassins Dot modifier.

But it has to be real and it has to be verifiable by anybody else that sees it.

At this point if feels like ggg has been messing around in pob and forgot to turn off EE or left it on normal mob damage and thought they were really looking at shaper dmg... Idk. Trying to make sense of changes this drastic at this stage in the beta is not working for me. So, no sarcasm at all here, somebody ACTUALLY bring a build that does extreme dps without being assassin OR ''more decay shenanigans" and we can all feel better.

But for now it's just people claiming these high numbers when the people who theory all the time couldn't pull similar numbers out of The Count's ass. Somebody is doing something wrong and it has to get sorted out before this gets too much farther.

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/TRSNaA5S

This is with EE and Vaal LT active on your target. THey are already nerfting this one in the patch but not nearly as much as poison and decay versions.

I know that by pasting this GGG will probably now nerf it even more :D

This shows 700k vs Shaper with all buffs including shock and uses soul mantle without kikazaru, while eeking out 5.5k ehp. Not exactly the 4 million that other guy was claiming.

I did exactly what he asked. It does 1+ mill dps and it is not assassin or decay (no shaper was mentioned). It also does this damage instantly without any ramp up.
If it uses kikazaru or not does not matter, those are details. All the items slots are not filled up.
And 5.5 with full equipment can easily turn into 6.5 which is what Warchief totems builds used to kill Shaper in the past.
The requirement was not a HC build so it is a valid build.

EDIT: As I was planning to use this as my started build for 3.0 talking more about it makes it more chance GGG nerfs it but the truth is, this build is way too effective compared to the rest and the Totems have always been a safer way to play. Safe + too much DPS makes for a broken build.

Last edited by Torin on Jun 22, 2017, 3:58:59 PM
"
Vakyoom wrote:
"
Ferox28 wrote:
I really do not like the dot changes at all, since they are too harsh. With all these changes you will end up dealing about 50% less damage of the current dps, crit based builds even more.
I mean 39% more ailment damage vs 88% is a huge difference. Also there is still the hit dmg penalty. This support gem feels the worst of all that are available for dots then.

Perfect Agony has a strong impact when building crit on dots nerfing this is a good point but i think more than a 50% nerf is too much.

--- snip ---

"
Vakyoom wrote:
Lets look at us having a 6 second window in which to deal damage with Viper Strike on shaper while he's firing his lazerbeams. Remember that Viper Strike poison lasts for 8--- or 11+ sec(if you've killed a maimed enemy recently) and we're dealing 100k damage PER SECOND with each poison, stacking a guaranteed poison 7 times a second due to multistrike/faster attacks. These values are based on the vs. Shaper/Guardian category in POB.

where do you see those 100k dps per poison stack? its even impossible without an abyssus + other gear with increases to poison dmg or a perfect rolled weapon.

Did you put the pastebin into pob? With the gear and tree I linked I could easily achieve 99k dps for each poison and another 22k with nearby nodes by early 90's.

It's really scary when a single ascendency takes your poison dps per poison from 48k to 100k...

i did. its 23.6k dps vs shaper
Who cares if you can do 1m dps to trash mobs? I did clarify the build-request parameters a bit more after your post, don't think I'm trying to attack you directly or anything like that. It's just that was a poor representation of a build that would force out nerfs of this magnitude to perfect agony, ignite and a slew of the brand new support gems.

When I can build a poison pob that will hit 2m shaper dps with poison only before shock, wither totem or Vaal haste while I run around dodging the rest of his mechanics... That explains why they want to nerf viper strike poison and assassin. It does not explain why they nerfed everything but viper strike poison and assassin, however.

Still the beta is giving less than half of the whole picture right now with missing content, uniques, skill points, ascendency, etc... And these nerfs mean we won't get to truly test these things out next week for act 8.
Ok the crafting bench thing confuses me. I have all mine so are they bugged because they dont gain new stuff as you level the masters or something?
IGN: DabrixRN
"
4lin wrote:
played alot this game and dont have a damn beta key fuk this

I notice you dont have any supporter titles. That could be the problem.
IGN: DabrixRN
"
Ferox28 wrote:
"
Vakyoom wrote:
"
Ferox28 wrote:
I really do not like the dot changes at all, since they are too harsh. With all these changes you will end up dealing about 50% less damage of the current dps, crit based builds even more.
I mean 39% more ailment damage vs 88% is a huge difference. Also there is still the hit dmg penalty. This support gem feels the worst of all that are available for dots then.

Perfect Agony has a strong impact when building crit on dots nerfing this is a good point but i think more than a 50% nerf is too much.

--- snip ---

where do you see those 100k dps per poison stack? its even impossible without an abyssus + other gear with increases to poison dmg or a perfect rolled weapon.

Did you put the pastebin into pob? With the gear and tree I linked I could easily achieve 99k dps for each poison and another 22k with nearby nodes by early 90's.

It's really scary when a single ascendency takes your poison dps per poison from 48k to 100k...

i did. its 23.6k dps vs shaper

If the skill gems and points are still the same then you need to double check the character level and configuration settings. Add at least 9 poisons to work with vile toxins, make sure the enemy is bleeding and maimed and that your flasks are all active.

Also make sure you're looking at the poison dps. The total dps vs shaper inc. poison should be around 700k for the first second worth of stacks. Now factor in the next 8 seconds of poison dmg and you should start to see the bigger numbers. I'm not at home or I'd just show a screenshot. Will update later when I'm home.

Maybe you were looking at the average hit dps, which should be around 20-25k for all of the 6.9 hits per second. But the poison dps should be around 98k with what I linked.
Last edited by Vakyoom on Jun 22, 2017, 4:21:40 PM
MTX system great
"
DrDraids wrote:
Jeez, take me back to 2.4.

It will be remembered as the golden times.

I wonder why GGG decided to double boss health in 3.0 after so many nerfs.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jun 22, 2017, 5:15:01 PM
I had a feeling the lab changes hadn't come through yet.
Looking forward to it.

Also, take as long as you need to create and polish all of the content, and don't hold yourself to exact release date until your absolutely certain it will be complete. I want the expansion to be completed, not merely released.
Srsly, do you guys have any idea about "balancing" ?

time to play grim dawn now ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info