What's up with Rallying cry's damage buff?

"(140-178)% increased Damage per one hundred nearby Enemies"

Can someone explain this to me? I understand it that you would gain about 1.5% damage per enemy nearby when you use rallying cry. If true why not word it like that? Per 100 nearby enemies is such an odd way to explain the buff.
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2017, 5:47:48 PM
"
WaterWii wrote:

Can someone explain this to me? I understand it that you would gain about 1.5% damage per enemy nearby when you use rallying cry. If true why not word it like that? Per 100 nearby enemies is such an odd way to explain the buff.

it's the same for enduring cry. has always been written like that. maybe there is some reason behind it. but who really knows except the guy who wrote it.

i have always divided the values by 10 then i get more realistic numbers.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 21, 2017, 1:43:31 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
WaterWii wrote:

it's the same for enduring cry. has always been written like that. maybe there is some reason behind it. but who really knows except the guy who wrote it.

Well it makes sense for Enduring Cry because if not they would have written "gives you 0.1 endurance charge per enemies". Not too sure for Rallying Cry, guess they just went with the same wording since both are similar.
To avoid decimal places.

Looks messy to have decimal places only on this skill when it's saying "Gain 1.78% damage per nearby enemy"

Instead they just go with a nice whole integer of "178%" but having to mention "per one hundred nearby enemies" in order to do so.
At the same time, Abyssal Cry doesn't care about decimal places and a hundred nearby enemies *shrug*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info