Dear GGG

I'm about to invest on a new rig exclusively to run flawlessly PoE when FoO comes live.

Know that my current PC runs with no issues the current version of the game (2.6x), but upon testing 3.0 beta, it was nearly impossible to play the game due to the major graphic improvements that have been introduced.

Now then, since GGG has not updated for ages the information regarding specs for PoE, it's about time they let us know which specs would handle optimally the new and upcoming version of PoE (3.0).

I'm posting this query in the Public Forum instead of sending a PM because I'm sure many others would be also interested in knowing this.

Best regards,
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2017, 12:44:33 AM
Just get what ever you can afford and you will be ok.

I am running an i7 2600k (5 years old) with an Asus gtx980 and i can run the game fine.
In fact i can even stream fine.

My play style is casual. I dont like this fast meta clearing crap where you cant see anything.

If you play.

Vaal spark = No matter what rig you have your PC will struggle.
Vaal Fireball = Its not as bad as Vaal Sparks you will be fine.

Everything else is alrite.
Last edited by poliboy on Jun 21, 2017, 1:12:00 PM
any sandy bridge and up i7
any gtx 770 or better
as low as possible internet ping
any ssd

there you go specs for any poe expansion.
Most configurations are alright unless you buy something stupidly underpowered.

Probably the 2 most important things that you can get to play PoE is an SSD and having a really good internet connection.

Any 200buck graphics card will do. shot for something like 16gb of memory although I'm fairly sure even 8 would do. a good I5 will do or one of the cheaper I7, alternatively AMD quad cores are pretty good too.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
IronSteel wrote:
I'm about to invest on a new rig exclusively to run flawlessly PoE when FoO comes live.

Know that my current PC runs with no issues the current version of the game (2.6x), but upon testing 3.0 beta, it was nearly impossible to play the game due to the major graphic improvements that have been introduced.

Now then, since GGG has not updated for ages the information regarding specs for PoE, it's about time they let us know which specs would handle optimally the new and upcoming version of PoE (3.0).

I'm posting this query in the Public Forum instead of sending a PM because I'm sure many others would be also interested in knowing this.

Best regards,

It hasn't been updated because it dose not need to be, the requirements were the minimum requirements to get the game to run, not to run well and with that sort of PC you CAN run the game.

It's a waste of time giving recommended specs, because while they can have the game running flawlessly on specs they recommend you might not because there is more to PC gaming than the parts you stick in
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jun 21, 2017, 2:27:20 PM
If you are okay with 1080p gaming with mostly stable 60fps game play that dips as low as 20-30s in clustered situations then the requirements are not that steep.

If you want a rig that plays 1440p at 120 fps with no dips below 80, that is beyond technological reach.

"

That is pretty awful to hear.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jun 21, 2017, 2:39:46 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
If you are okay with 1080p gaming with mostly stable 60fps game play that dips as low as 20-30s in clustered situations then the requirements are not that steep.

If you want a rig that plays 1440p at 120 fps with no dips below 80, that is beyond technological reach.

"

That is pretty awful to hear.

Indeed. And I myself cannot confirm that.
But PoE's known for very different results on different machines.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Hardware aside, your internet connection is key in smooth performance...
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Intel CPU (4 cores or better)
Nvidia card (GTX 970 or better)
8 GB RAM
SSD

That's what you need to run PoE smoothly in almost all circumstances.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Intel CPU (4 cores or better)
Nvidia card (GTX 970 or better)
8 GB RAM
SSD

That's what you need to run PoE smoothly in almost all circumstances.

Have you tested the beta with these specs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info