Oriath release before 31. july possible?

"
odizzidoq wrote:
"
If OP is being absolutely serious, you don't need the rainforest, you don't need FoO... You need help. Seriously.

I don't agree with this. I think a lot of people would be happier living in a forest off the land. However I do think that the OP should be experienced and prepared to face the challenges ahead. Considering that this is in another country I doubt this is the case. That's all I would suggest. Pick a spot where you can still get out/help if you need it, get in some practice, and only when you're prepared should you attempt living away from society.

That's why I said what I did. I don't mean to be mean or ridicule the OP, but just from the way they matter of fact stated their plans, It sounds like some middle of the road across white kid living in some average town in the middle of their country who is depressed and just got... Creative. I doubt they've ever left their country before, barely gone camping let alone gone into a rainforest where half the creatures you'd run into are either venemous or just flat out deadly.

I'm making a lot of generalizations but seriously some random dude decided to let people know that either a game expansion needs to release or they are going to live in solitude? Sounds like they have more problems than just wanting to live off the land.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
what? did it sound that way?

the games expansion release has nothing to do with me or my decisions. wtf
You are looking for one last hurrah before you supposedly are wandering off to do whatever is what you were asking for in your original post. Asking if you will get to play it before you leave or not.

I may have chose awkward wording but my main point is that it seems very weird for you to just decide "I'm gonna live in the rainforest where every other thing can probably kill me with one bite." I highly doubt any person playing poe just happens to be an outdoorsman to that degree and that is what has me concerned.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I call troll on this whole ridiculous thing
I dont see any any key!
I get it, society and the 9-5 grind is not what humanity was built for. We have survived through this evolution using our carnal instincts, intelligence, and raw power. To waste it at a desk IS depressing. We were built for so much more... we were built to farm shaped strands for in game pixelated currency that has no real world value.

All joking aside, I wish you the best. May I ask why you chose the rainforest? I know a guy who lives off the grid in Hawaii; solitude and nature while still being close to society for emergencies. For 90% of his day, he's alone, working on his little treefort home, exploring the land, and diving around the island.
Last edited by seanxjohnson on Jun 23, 2017, 12:02:24 PM
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
we were built to farm shaped strands for in game pixelated currency that has no real world value.

lost
thanks.
why the rainforest?

i wanted a place isolated from other people. of course, there are still native people living there and also some parts of it are being chopped down for farms or logging, so i might be not THAT far away from people.

my first wish was a desert like area, but the issue with those is, that not very much is growing or living there. so feeding myself, let alone finding water would have been hard. even if there were reliable watersources, there would be a high chance that other people would use them too.

next are areas like europe, which seem to be cramped up with small cities and villages, or lots of fields for crops everywhere, warm summers and winters close to or below 0°C.
i dont think that i would be able to deal with cold temperatures properly. if i remember what numb hands feel like and think about my chance of making fire with them... errrr no ;)
same goes for areas like siberia. there are very few people living there, but its just too cold. and because of that climate, i would most likely need to hunt or trap animals, which could be difficult.

a rainforest however, is supposed to have plenty of fruit and insects. even fish might be an option. there are also lots of other species that i could consume, should i ever figure out how to catch them. (insects and fruits alone should suffice though, or at least i hope that)
the climate is always warm and very humid, so no risk of freezing either.

the tradeoffs are dangerous sicknesses that would most likely kill me, should i catch them.
there are also predators like jaguars, kaimans (something like crocodiles), some big ass snakes that could easily murder me and maybe some more. the latter two should be close to bodies of water though, which i will try to avoid.
there are also disgusting parasites. you can look up some delicious videos on youtube for those.
poisonous animals or plants are there too.
did i forget something?
a small cut could easily get infected too in that climate.
that still leaves out some potential encounters with nasty people. in brazil for example, i read stories about farmers gunning down natives because they were in the way or something like that.
No, be serious here. You go to the rainforest alone, you will die within days. You seriously sound like you've never even left your country let alone gone into a rainforest. It's creative, but a suicide nonetheless.

And I'm willing to say all this because if you aren't trying to pull off some weird creative trolling, it seems like you thought of all this before even once considering seeing a therapist.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Well, let's consider that Blizzard made their move in anticipation of PoE ( they deny it..but they do it for tons of games, and it's obvious ).

Necromancer release date for next week.
Season 11 start late July.

Presumably, Blizzard cut the cord quick on it's own "Beta" early because they want to push out before PoE expansion to keep player retention as high as possible ..and to make sure players actually buy their Necro Pack instead of jumping into PoE's new content.

That said, I can't imagine 3.0 releasing in July, even though we are already a month past a normal new League period. Pushing that out another 2 months seems excessive, which is probably why they are "going thick" with temp events in the meantime. But GGG tend to do this really....really....really slowly. Unless it's a microtansaction.
Last edited by JoeShmo on Jun 24, 2017, 5:19:29 AM
"
JoeShmo wrote:
Well, let's consider that Blizzard made their move in anticipation of PoE ( they deny it..but they do it for tons of games, and it's obvious ).

Necromancer release date for next week.
Season 11 start late July.

Presumably, Blizzard cut the cord quick on it's own "Beta" early because they want to push out before PoE expansion to keep player retention as high as possible ..and to make sure players actually buy their Necro Pack instead of jumping into PoE's new content.

That said, I can't imagine 3.0 releasing in July, even though we are already a month past a normal new League period. Pushing that out another 2 months seems excessive, which is probably why they are "going thick" with temp events in the meantime. But GGG tend to do this really....really....really slowly. Unless it's a microtansaction.

The people that would buy it though would always buy it regardless of anything else coming out, what'll happen is that now, they'll buy it, play it, get bored quick and get pissed that they had to pay out for what amounts to near nothing.

PoE will scoop up a load of pissed off d3 players at around the time the expansion comes out
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info