Why do people feel entitled to ascension?

Why do people feel entitled to skill gems?

Why do people feel entitled to passive points for leveling?

Why do people feel entitled to gear dropping?

I mean, what kind of stupid question is this? "Why do people feel entitled to a basic feature of character progression without which your character is completely and utterly gimped?"

Gee, I wonder.

And what is so controversial of wanting lab to be optional? It's great if you like lab, hooray, wonderful, you're such a unique and special snowflake, but it's just completely retarded to suggest disliking lab is wrong or unusual given how much of a departure in design it is from the rest of the game and how obnoxiously mandatory it is on every single build you will ever do.
Last edited by poepoe091 on Jun 21, 2017, 7:02:08 PM
"
SkyTomCar wrote:
So I ask all those complaining about getting ascension unlocked, why do you feel this nearly game breaking power is something you are entitled to?

It's a core part of the game now; it's something that is mandatory, just like the regular passive tree. So, yes.

"
SkyTomCar wrote:
Why do you think every build should be capable of gaining them at or near level when this game offers so many build options that obviously some are late bloomers or simply passable at best?

You seem to be missing the point. The problem people have with the Labyrinth isn't whether they get the points at 32 or 52. It's the fact that it's an extremely polarizing piece of content that a lot of people don't enjoy and GGG for some reason decided to lock an essential part of a character's progression behind it. Most builds are entirely gimped if they don't have at least the first 4 or 6 Ascendancy points.

I personally don't like the Labyrinth, I didn't like it the first time I did it or the 300th time I did it. Not because the content is bad, it isn't, but because GGG is forcing me to interact with a piece of content that I simply don't find fun. Most parts of the game, except for leveling, is optional. You don't have to run maps if you want to, you can stay in Dried Lake until 100. You don't have to kill Shaper, Guardian, Atziri or Uber Atziri if you don't want to. But you will have to do the Labyrinth or pay someone to rush you through it.

Shoving content that's entirely different from the rest of the game down the throat of your playerbase is a really shitty move. Keep the Labyrinth optional, allow players to obtain Ascendancy points through some other method, Labyrinth will still be popular since Uber Lab generates a lot of currency and the Emperor gems are sought after.
The only league where Lab isnt mandatory is SSF league. You are competing with other players, whether you want it or not. If they are 3x faster than you, and drop 3x more items on usual, they will drive down prices of items YOU dropped
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Let me guess... you googled "PoE Forum Trigger Rage" and it suggested that you write this post.
From a role-playing perspective it carries your character into a sub class.

It's how your character identifies to the world a round it.

When people ask me what class I'm playing now, I always say "assassin" not shadow or "berserker" not marauder.

To me the end game is balanced around these ascendancies. If you aren't skilled enough to get the points or pay for them, then you simply are not completing the role of the character (imo).

I like to finish characters...Maybe not to 100 points..but definitely 8 ascendancies.
"

When people ask me what class I'm playing now, I always say "assassin" not shadow or "berserker" not marauder.

To me the end game is balanced around these ascendancies. If you aren't skilled enough to get the points or pay for them, then you simply are not completing the role of the character (imo).

I like to finish characters...Maybe not to 100 points..but definitely 8 ascendancies.

Pretty much this, I'm not a necromancer, or an assassin or a gladiator until I do the first lab. Don't forget the power of words on the human psyche. If your a gamer kid(or adult!) and do any bit of mental RP-ing instead of just reducing the game to various algos, it means a lot just to have that title.

For example I really wish I had an account that has the Karui Spirits that popped up in town, can I get that, no I cannot. Some people collect fora titles.

Add all of that and its easy. Now if I can just find that fishing rod to link :)

Thanks for your time,
James
Why do people feel entitled to breathe air?
"
Axetwin wrote:
"
SkyTomCar wrote:

The traps are simple patterns, and one can always carry a leap attack or lightning warp gem while getting through and then swap out at the final battle so I have to again wonder if their complaint comes more from an unwillingness to adapt.

So basically, stop playing whatever build they're playing and play something else? What are Summoners supposed to do? They can't afford to switch various skills in and out, or put certain skills on a weapon swap. If the key to labs is "use a different build", then the problem is with the content, not the player.

Personally I feel PoE due to its easy to swap skill gems is meant to be played that way. No differently then for example in Guild Wars it was common to swap out the 8 active skills regularly to adapt to content. Being stubborn about it to me seems well abit to much like the non horse parent of a mule.
I get that some dont find the lab a fun map. Or may even find it a bit too samey every run just due to how it looks and the whole finding your way through aspect can become tiresome.

But this is an ARP and farming a given bit of content for specific rewards is not unheard of. Nor is it the only reward locked behind mechanics that can be failed. Masters and their challenges seem very similar to me, especially the timed ones. Easy to fail especially when first learning even if you are not killed.

back when I used to play it was considered pretty hard to get past the mid 70s because mapping was not exactly easy for everyone to get into. The new system definitely makes it more approachable for a casual like myself.

As for having to beat a specific piece of content to progress. Well isnt that how all the story bosses are to when you ponder it? If you say cant beat kaom or deresso you cant reach the beast after all. Ive met at least 1 player in the last days who was desperate for help in taking down the king of swords in part because they kept suffering DC issues. I was glad to help in part just by being able to open a portal and step out and wait for them to get back online, happened 5 times for them over that one fight. So dcing due to the game straining their system seems to exist plenty outside of the lab, and still can be abit of a progression cock block.

And while I wont argue that perhaps by end game levels the power is more a must then a want considering I cant offer first hand experience in that area, its not as if people hitting level cap was impossible before the new power was added, and even if all you have is the normal ascension points it gives a pretty big boost pretty easy even for a casual like myself to grab.

Truly I am not trolling, though I admit I love good dram and popcorn worthy posts as much as the next.

I just feel people are trying to argue this bit of power and content is some special case when it really isnt.

If you have a crap build that cant beat some bit of content your option has always been re roll or get help. same goes with this bit of content.

Being over specialized and unwilling to adapt is not some strength but a weakness. I personally for example hate being locked into a certain weapon type on my warriors and try to avoid weapon specific passives. This let me even as a less knowledgeable builder manage to work my way around the passive skill web without feeling too forced into certain directions, and while my main isnt some undying god(yet!) he holds his own, and is able to adapt his active skills based on new loot I get my filthy casual scum covered mitts on.

For example after I came back and discovered the new golem skills the stone golem seemed a must due to my heavy regen focus. I had a helm and amulet stored away Id never really used that buff mininons, and managed to fit them into my gear kit without compromising my defenses too much. I end up using a aura of elemental resistance the amulet gained when it was corrupted which keeps my el res's all close to cap, helps my golem as well, and in general only makes me miss the anvil amulet for its block boosts a little bit.

I just feel people are try harding abit much in their compalints about this bit of content and its associated reward in the form of advanced character development.

If anything Im surprised more hard ass types dont complain ascendency points make too many weaker builds more viable in content previously capable of ass stomping them as seems to be my own case.
"
LucidLem wrote:
"

Pretty much this, I'm not a necromancer, or an assassin or a gladiator until I do the first lab. Don't forget the power of words on the human psyche. If your a gamer kid(or adult!) and do any bit of mental RP-ing instead of just reducing the game to various algos, it means a lot just to have that title.

For example I really wish I had an account that has the Karui Spirits that popped up in town, can I get that, no I cannot. Some people collect fora titles.

Add all of that and its easy. Now if I can just find that fishing rod to link :)

Thanks for your time,
James

Fiar enough but I tend to refer to my character as an Exile, a Culler, an Un Bug, or Not a Cockroach. also the reapers pimp or Deaths Lover! Or in the case of my main Bentley_Berkeley my friends call me Ol Berk!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info