Post your reason why you love doing labs.

Hello guys,

I am now creating this thread for people to discuss exclusively their reasons why they like doing labs since there are people who claimed that they do not have "strong platform" for them to voice out their reasons or they are "too busy" to create a thread on why people love doing labs.

This thread also serve as a deterrent thread to deter people from posting their "likes for lab" comments in a "hate for labs" thread because some people who do not understand the meaning of relevancy and thus, insisted that it is relevant to post it in there. This time round, they can happily post their "likes for labs" in this thread for all they want and nobody is is going to fault them.

And yes, I am not joking when I said that the reason why they did not create a thread topic about the "love for labs" is because they are too "busy". By the way, they are "too busy" to create a single thread about " love for labs" but are not "busy" to make a total of 5 replies in my thread which is created exclusively for "Hate for labs".

In case you're interested in the "hate for labs" topic, I have provided the link below

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912554

But right now, this is a thread exclusively created for "the reasons why you love doing labs" so please refrain from going off-topic by writing why you "hate the lab".

Let me start off by saying why I like doing the labs....

Actually, I tried to make a lot of excuses to force me to like the lab but uhhhh because i do not have the "invisible" hypocritical supporter tags like some of you possess, i have no choice but to touch my heart and soul and say that I really have nothing to like about labs other than the cool game changing and mandatory 8 ascendancy points being locked away selfishly in the labs, which forces me to do labs at least 4 times.

Ok lets start the ball rolling and tell me why you love doing the labs !!!!

Thank you.
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Jun 21, 2017, 7:50:29 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2017, 10:25:36 AM
Is lab so bad you have to be so butthurt about it tho ? Like there are 3 threads of the same crying about lab, you might think one thread to voice your opionion is enough ? I honestly like doing lab. It's something different than maps, which you already do the other 99% of the time playing this game. It's a challenge, if you die you start over so it is a harder challenge than maybe some others in the game in softcore but it feels way more rewarding when you've completed it.
Last edited by theoneandonly33 on Jun 21, 2017, 7:55:53 AM
"
Is lab so bad you have to be so butthurt about it tho ? I honestly like doing lab. It's something different than maps, which you already do the other 99% of the time playing this game. It's a challenge, if you die you start over so it is a harder challenge than maybe some others in the game in softcore but it feels way more rewarding when you've completed it.

Nope, I am not butthurt about labs or else I wouldn't have create a "like" thread specifically for it and listed out my reason for it. Notice that is say reason instead of reasons because I can only find one reason only. So shame on me for that ; )
Cos i like easy cash.
Last edited by TerryWoT on Jun 21, 2017, 7:57:35 AM
It's a fun break from plodding about the best rogue-alikes? It's almost nintendo-hard?(ok not really, but hey, we don't de-level, just treat it as an arcade game)

Really though I'm looking forward to the x-box port so I can use a controller to play around with labs on my gaming rig.

Ok, thats for us softcore people, Lab on hardcore is a bit different, no extra quarters there, hell, the mobs show no quarter :)
Last edited by LucidLem on Jun 21, 2017, 8:03:45 AM
You create a thread purely to mock other people for enjoying different things in a video game than you do, then turn around and ridicule them for supposedly being too busy to create a thread? I'm sorry, YoursTruly86, but I think most people are too busy for this bullshit.

Your other thread is designed to be an echo chamber, which drastically limits its value. It has some merit as it can be useful to understand why someone dislikes particular content, but the instant you attempt to stifle discussion you give up any pretense of being constructive.

And, for the record, you have no right to dictate who is permitted to post in a thread on GGG's forum. If you desire that right then you're welcome to go create your own forum.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Wow and I thought someone was being appreciative for once...turns out its just the same spew from all those other threads.
Anyway on topic, the music/voice acting/design for the lab is brilliant and while yes it is hard and sometimes frustrating, it's very rewarding when you actually do complete it. It gives a nice change of gameplay being semi-hardcore and makes you actually have to earn your 'power' instead of getting it from trade flipping or being carried to farming zones. Of course there could be some changes, but people need to give it more credit rather than calling it 'the worst expansion' or whatever.
The problem with "earning your power" is that by the time your character can do it, he doesn't need the extra power.
Oh, sorry.

I don't love the Labyrinth but I like the traps as a change from regular gameplay.
The Labyrinth is also pretty cool lore-wise.

I think I've also been a lot luckier than other players having only crashed in the Lab one or two times at the most, but I also don't grind the Lab for helm enchantments and only play one or two characters in a league so I suspect I manage to avoid the majority of Labyrinth-based pain.

The most I've ever done the Labyrinth was for the Perandus league challenges when I wanted to get 40/40.

Not to be a pest, but if you've created a thread for people who hate the Labyrinth and this thread for people who love it, were you planning to create a thread for people who don't feel very strongly one way or the other?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I love that you can't just mindlessly walk through it and get 100% carried to the end for rewards since you will die to traps if you're too stupid or bad or drunk or whatever. You have to make serious sacrifices elsewhere if you want to make a lab trap afk viable build.

I also like that there is a real penalty if you disconnect for safety.

Rewards are nice (loot and ascendancy).

It's good as an alternative to mapping for currency generation and experience to some extent.

It doesn't take too long so unless you have either technical or learn to play issues it doesn't even matter if you don't like it. The devs are working on the first one from what I can tell.

It's cool that lab racing exists even though I don't care about it or do it for myself.

The idea of the side rooms is cool in principle and could be great with some adjustments.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info