Where have all the map drops gone??

For the past months my Shaped Strand maps have been on point ..getting one every other map I run.

As of the past few weeks those map drops are closer to 1 drop every 5+ runs. My map ratio has remained around 97. My guild leader has also noticed this. 2 things we hate having to buy is gems and maps.

Anyone else with this issue?
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2017, 1:53:10 PM
Experiencing the same thing. People will come in here and say "RNG is RNG", and they will most likely be correct. Even so, Chris has said that they change drop rates regularly, so we might be on a "down" right now regarding map drops.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I see nothing that has ever indicated they change drop rates on the fly though or even secretly at all. Any time drop rates change, they have at least appeared to announce it as far as I can tell.

So yeah they change drop rates regularly, but it is either announced or if it isn't it sure as hell isn't a day by day thing. How fucking fair would it be if those who start weeks after a league start got shitty drops compared to those who blasted through the first day, got to end game, got challenges done and left?

First thing is that you easily could be falling in the shaped strand map trap that was being discussed elsewhere. From OP's profile playing since 14, probably knows what they are doing regarding getting healthy map returns.
But RNG simply will have RNG moments. Nothing is guaranteeing you can indefinitely maintain strands.

So guess what? RNG is RNG.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Long streaks of good/bad luck are more common than most people would think.

There is absolutely no point in changing overall map drop rates, it's the Atlas system that should be looked at, if anything.

If you've run Strands for a month you definitely won't have to buy maps if you don't want to, you simply have to run some of your shaped T10s to get Strands. You must be swimming in them.

Who knows.

Last night I took a break from Beta and leveling a HC character for the first time (Slow and Steady wins the race)and ran my Legacy Main in a T15 Abyss map - fully chiseled and Vaal'ed (for completion) and I had no less than 8 maps drop through that clear, all but one of which was T10+ (the exception was a Beach map, go figure).

One drop was a Scriptorium, a map I've never run in ANY league, surprisingly enough, and I ran that and got another 6 maps.

So, I don't know what that says, but it was sure a great night for my SSF map collection.
"
I see nothing that has ever indicated they change drop rates on the fly though or even secretly at all. Any time drop rates change, they have at least appeared to announce it as far as I can tell.

So yeah they change drop rates regularly, but it is either announced or if it isn't it sure as hell isn't a day by day thing. How fucking fair would it be if those who start weeks after a league start got shitty drops compared to those who blasted through the first day, got to end game, got challenges done and left?

First thing is that you easily could be falling in the shaped strand map trap that was being discussed elsewhere. From OP's profile playing since 14, probably knows what they are doing regarding getting healthy map returns.
But RNG simply will have RNG moments. Nothing is guaranteeing you can indefinitely maintain strands.

So guess what? RNG is RNG.

that sort of drop rates have never been announced. there is a reason no one knew about that before it became public knowledge in one of the state of exile podcasts a year ago or so? just deal with it. after all it seems to work just fine the way they explained in the podcast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info