why is GGG nerfing ES so much ??

people seem to forget that es was ment to be 1 of the 3 base defence mechanics along with armour and evasion, but over time es became stronger and stronger and eventualy replacing the entire life pool and became life it-selve

i think they are trying to revert that make it a defence again and thus giving life some small changes to allow this to be used as defence , then again maybe i missed the head of the nail entirely and im way off
just because everyone with a huge pool of ES is making video ,showing how they trivialize game content ,explain how to break the game.....

my advise : never show ur OP build (if u made one) to nobody.....just play it , enjoy it...and keep it.

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
just because everyone with a huge pool of ES is making video ,showing how they trivialize game content ,explain how to break the game.....

my advise : never show ur OP build (if u made one) to nobody.....just play it , enjoy it...and keep it.

have fun

From player's perspective, you're right. But from developer's perspective, such a situation isnt healthy. Also, if build is truly OP, many players will discover it eventually and it will get nerfed anyway (though good developers should foresee truly OP builds even before release and dont let the go live).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 21, 2017, 11:59:49 AM
I think we (the non-life-fanbois) all agree that the overall nerf of ES went too far.

ONE of the nerfs would have been "ok"...but not all of them with one huge slap of the nerf-bat.

I hope that GGG adjusts the values and reverts from removing the ES wheel behind CI. It´s like dumping your chest armor and running maps with "hexproof" "no leech" and "no regen".
I dont get it either, something needed to be done about the inequity but this feels like life and ci swapping as opposed to just balancing out. Taking away vaal pact and eleron rings with life buffs should be enough.

Part of the problem was just the single life roll vs 3 prefixes for es. life,life/ev and life/ar solves this. Assuming you can roll all of them, and that all pieces of gear have these mods available, then you can possibly get a huge boost to the base pool.

let es have 15k with no armor,evasion or vp and life gets 10k but ar,ev,vp,ect....Instead it looks like we are getting 11.5kes vs that 10k life. If that ends up being the case, ci is dead for the near future.

Noone is taking ci and dealing with the stuns, status ailments and no real defences for 2k more ehp.

Last edited by DuckYourHead321 on Jun 22, 2017, 2:14:56 PM
Reads ES changes
(Quickly puts all the attack ES gears he has for half a price)
Keeps telling everyone that ES will be fine!
Who wanna buy this amazing wander ring with soon-to be legacy %es roll for just 14ex yes, yes?
ES WILL BE FINE GUYS
Last edited by Teplokot on Jun 22, 2017, 6:01:11 PM
3.0 marks the final victory of the white knights and apologists. There are so few people left that call GGG out on the sledge hammer approach to nerfs.

In the past, crippling nerfs were met with resistance, discussion and almost always some sort of concessions. At this point GGG is freely nerfing items, skills and mechanics to ground without giving the player anything in return.

-AoE skills crippled and relegated to singel target with conc effect
-CI nerfed
-ES cant instant leech
-Barrage nerfed
-grand spectrum made useless
-Bosses have double health

And for what? A worthless and situational pantheon system and tiny buffs to life in the form of extra item prefixes and tweaked volatile mechanics?How about you buff passive life nodes instead of expecting us to get 4 affix rares with life/life hybrid and dual resists?

What could 3.1 potentially bring? Instant fully removed from the game. monsters do increased damage. Damage capped. Move speed capped. The sky's the limit at this point.

It is hard to fully express my utter disappointment with the game's direction when 2.4 marked the highest point of PoE's history.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jun 22, 2017, 6:09:35 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
3.0 marks the final victory of the white knights and apologists. There are so few people left that call GGG out on the sledge hammer approach to nerfs.

In the past, crippling nerfs were met with resistance, discussion and almost always some sort of concessions. At this point GGG is freely nerfing items, skills and mechanics to ground without giving the player anything in return.

-AoE skills crippled and relegated to singel target with conc effect
-CI nerfed
-ES cant instant leech
-Barrage nerfed
-grand spectrum made useless
-Bosses have double health

And for what? A worthless and situational pantheon system and tiny buffs to life in the form of extra item prefixes and tweaked volatile mechanics?How about you buff passive life nodes instead of expecting us to get 4 affix rares with life/life hybrid and dual resists?

What could 3.1 potentially bring? Instant fully removed from the game. monsters do increased damage. Damage capped. Move speed capped. The sky's the limit at this point.

It is hard to fully express my utter disappointment with the game's direction when 2.4 marked the highest point of PoE's history.

You should write books, so dramatic...
Could have sworn those changes were said to only be in beta testing... wonder what for...
They're nerfing it because evasion and evasion suck. Armor in particular is just bad, because not only is physical damage not the most common thing in the world, but the way it works against big hits devalues the stat incredibly. It boggles my mind how they haven't reworked armor.

If they made armor and evasion better (armor the stat, evasion's tree moreso than the stat) then ES wouldn't need such a ridiculous nerf.
"
Teplokot wrote:
Reads ES changes
(Quickly puts all the attack ES gears he has for half a price)
Keeps telling everyone that ES will be fine!
Who wanna buy this amazing wander ring with soon-to be legacy %es roll for just 14ex yes, yes?
ES WILL BE FINE GUYS

Its standard gear...so not a big issue, but i wouldnt sell my es stuff. No chance. Sure es is gutted now, but all it takes is one person to figure out a new fotm setup. Or another balance down the line....

Ill hold onto my bgrade es gear (because i have to AAA stuff) and throw it in the pile. Like all the other crap i have there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info