WARMBIER.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Warmbier got what was coming to him. He had to make a series of extremely terrible decisions to even get himself in the position he was in. Which cost him his life. Being stupid can cost you your life.

Here is some sage wisdom from me: Don't go to North Korea, and if you're stupid enough to go there, don't be stupid enough to steal something.

North Korea is under Stalinist Communism, why would anyone go visit such a brutal place? Was he a snowflake liberal, who wanted to visit the mother land? I hope you snowflakes understand now that Stalinist Communism in North Korea is different from the Frankfurt School Communism you picked up at college.

You've made a willful choice to decide that the North Korean government is a reliable source of information. I want you to consider that for a moment.
NK is as a reliable source as ISIS. You don't go hiking into ISIS territory - this should be pretty obvious to everyone.

Ofc, if he actually tore down a poster is completely irrelevant. The NK regime could arrest you for whistling, if they wanted.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I'm not arguing that part because it takes a special kind of dumb to intentionally travel to North Korea.
Last edited by BodyHammer01 on Jun 21, 2017, 9:22:05 AM
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:

You've made a willful choice to decide that the North Korean government is a reliable source of information. I want you to consider that for a moment.

I've read that he stole a political sign because people offered him money for it in the USA. The fact he stole the sign is 100% legit.

But even if he didn't steal the sign, they do have foreigners go to NK from time to time, and they don't arrest every single one of them. Most of them don't get arrested. And they wouldn't have to frame him for stealing something to arrest him in NK, they could lock him up for criticizing the regime, or accuse him of being a spy. Stealing is a rather specific charge.

If you go to NK, you're supposed to shut up, and smile. If they ask you how you like their country, you're supposed to talk about how much nicer it is than America, because you can't actually tell them the truth. Don't go to NK unless you're prepared to kiss ass the entire time you're there.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 21, 2017, 9:36:49 AM
"
bwam wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Warmbier got what was coming to him.

And all of us will have what's coming to us if we allow our citizenship to be rendered nothing more than a target on our backs.

Quality troll really. Target? Nothing to do with US citizenship. The same damn thing would have happened if the guy was german, russian or north korean.
"
bwam wrote:

And all of us will have what's coming to us if we allow our citizenship to be rendered nothing more than a target on our backs.

Warmbier went to North Korea. North Korea didn't come to him. The US State Department makes it absolutely clear that if you go to North Korea, they cannot help you. This is why they have a list of Nations that are deemed dangerous for Americans. And discourage people from going there. North Korea being among the most dangerous.

I totally agree that people should have the freedom to make extremely stupid decisions, even if those decisions get them killed. But one thing I will not do is defend these people who get killed for making a series of extremely stupid decisions.

This is what I think about people who die from extremely stupid decisions, not just Warmbier:

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 21, 2017, 10:00:14 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
bwam wrote:

Warmbier went to North Korea. North Korea didn't come to him. The US State Department makes it absolutely clear that if you go to North Korea, they cannot help you. This is why they have a list of Nations that are deemed dangerous for Americans. And discourage people from going there. North Korea being among the most dangerous.

I totally agree that people should have the freedom to make extremely stupid decisions, even if those decisions get them killed. But one thing I will not do is defend these people who get killed for making a series of extremely stupid decisions.

This is what I think about people who die from extremely stupid decisions, not just Warmbier:

I guess the only reason why bwam became so excited is because it happened to american. If that guy was Italian/Australian or from any other country he wouldn't even know about it. But American? Oh my, evil NK is going to kill all the world! They've already began, look!
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
I guess the only reason why bwam became so excited is because it happened to american. If that guy was Italian/Australian or from any other country he wouldn't even know about it. But American? Oh my, evil NK is going to kill all the world! They've already began, look!

He certainly gave no indication of having problems with the NK government killing and and sometimes torturing its own people in the most horrific ways you can imagine. I didn't get the sense that was an issue at all.

Another poster (also American, presumably) said that NK should get what it deserves, but failed to clarify what does it deserve exactly when I asked about it and pointed out that 99% of its population have suffered horribly since the Korean War.

edit: that post and my response to it have apparently been removed from the thread
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 22, 2017, 2:31:22 AM
You never gonna end up as one of life's winners when your name is Warmbeer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info