Soul Mantle w/ Atziri's Mirror?

So I'm doing some theorycrafting at work right now and I'm trying to determine what the best setup would be for a build I'm working on.

So I want to run Blight Spell Totems. Fucking weird, I know. Let me do my thing ffs.

However, I have NO experience with Spell Totems at all. Soul Mantle seems perfect, but I'm really scared of the random Level 20 curse. I figured I could run a Warding Flask or 2 and an Atziri's Mirror to offset it (with a Heartbreaker dagger in the main hand for DPS).

BUT, I was really thinking this build would be best with a staff. Either a Pledge of Hands, or a rare staff with +1/+2 Gems, cast speed, and spell damage would be better than the Heartbreaker. I'd lose out on that Atziri's Mirror upon doing so.

So is the Soul Mantle safe to run without the Atziri's Mirror? If not, would the Heartbreaker/Mirror combo be good enough or should I just say fuck the Soul Mantle and use a different armour with the staff?

Last bumped on Jun 20, 2017, 1:25:23 PM
Atziri's Mirror is good for nothing with soul mantle

Cant see anything that makes Heartbreaker good. 70% spell damage is not that much nowadays

Good staff, well, I dont think it would compensate for extra link Soul mantle gives you

I dont know, you could try to negate curse effect with Kikarazu rings and get decent damage from Self-Flagellation jewel

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jun 20, 2017, 11:56:21 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
Atziri's Mirror is good for nothing with soul mantle

I don't understand, why?
because it does nothing other than reducing the curse duration on you. What do you think it does?
"
Ludvator wrote:
because it does nothing other than reducing the curse duration on you. What do you think it does?

It doesn't just reduce it, it halves it. Does curse reflection work in this case?
no it does not halve it, that would be 50% "less", it is 50% reduced

nope

the curse is applied to you by your totem on its death -> there is nothing to reflect the curse to
Last edited by Ludvator on Jun 20, 2017, 1:06:27 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
no it does not halve it, that would be 50% "less", it is 50% reduced

I don't understand the difference in this terminology. Say you have a 5sec duration. What is the difference between 50% less and 50% reduced?

Where is it pulling this calculation to reduce the duration by 50%? 50% of 5 is 2.5. Subtract that from 5 and you get 2.5.

Duration = 5sec
50% of 5 = 2.5sec
Reduce the duration (5sec) by 50% (2.5sec) = 2.5sec total duration.

imagine you have some other source of increased/reduced curse duration on you. "50% reduced" would stack additively with it, while "50% less" would halve it under any circumstances.

Not that it would be that relevant to the original topic though..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info