Is poison/bleed worth it?

Currently playing a physical lacerate slayer with 3x curses. Is posion/bleed worth it? the damage seems negligible even with phys dmg over time increase nods/gear.
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2017, 5:21:21 PM
Bleed damage is fairly insignificant so only worth it if you gain some other benefit from causing the target to bleed. Bleed dps is limited to 10% of the initial hit without modifiers.

Poison damage is huge if you can add it onto your main skill easily. This is due to the fact that poison damage stacks and the "double dipping" mechanic that poison benefits from. For example poison on lacerate gains twice the normal benefit from increased area damage.

How were you thinking of incorporating poison to your build?
I'm not exactly sure how to link my gear, but you can see it on my slayer, was using legacy voidheart, and cospri's w/ haem gloves. Was just trying to stack bleed/poison because of starforge and no ele dmg. Since I will be running 3 curses when my enlighten/enhance gems are lvl 2/3 with the amulet that allows +1 curse
Last edited by Furajiir on Jun 20, 2017, 11:45:57 AM
"
Furajiir wrote:
I'm not exactly sure how to link my gear, but you can see it on my slayer

We can't as your privacy settings don't permit it.

Go here and untick "Hide Characters tab" (if you want to).
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
fixed it, should be able to view now
If you have cospri's then your poison damage will definitely be very significant, since it is applied every hit and scaling off of your physical damage.

Bleed is definitely not worth investing in, it might be worth swapping out haem's unless you find the explode on death effect significant. Just see it as an extra minor damage source.

I can't see your character tab so I can't check your build at the moment, there could be a few points worth swapping around as well.

Yeah I'm currently getting rid of all my bleeding passives, will probably move up left side and go for some curse passives or something, not sure if its updated
The only one that might be worth keeping is the 3 points in the bottom right, "damage over time", "skill duration and damage over time" and "dirty techniques" as if you have no other increased damage over time nodes these will be a big boost.

For my leveling character when using poison and concentrated area of effect those three nodes change my damage from 26k to 32k which is pretty crazy.
Small update I had a look at the character sheet now, yeah I would recommend taking the three nodes I previously mentioned.

Also if you can get added fire damage support onto lacerate which even with 0% fire damage it's ~40% more damage, it's a really big increase. Perhaps swap fortify or faster attacks out for it.
JayAyres - Starforge deal no elemental damage so added fire damage gem is just waste.

OP - bleed and especially poison is worth it. Bleed isn´t stackable but poison works.

Take Dirty techniques, Skittering runes (It´s perfect for triple curser) and Potency of will or even Eceptional performance + sockets near the path.

The poison base duration is 2 sec but as we told before it´s stackable so you will profit from extra duration. Btw those passives are underrated but works pretty well for lots of things.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 20, 2017, 1:34:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info