Spell damage multiplier and ailments

Hi guys

I am theorycrafting a LL (Low Life) build for 3.0

With 3.0 hitting, will the spell damage bonus i get from RF (Righteous Fire) and from PA (Pain Attunement) be increasing my ignites?

And if its not increasing my ignites directly, will it increase the spell of the damage (whispering ice, ice storm, with three dragons mask) and therfor still result in higher ignites?

Lets say ice storm deals 100 damage. So an Ignite would be 20 damage over 4 sec. With PA (+30%) and RF (+59%) that would turn my ice storm damage to 206 (? 100*1.3*1.59? or is it 100*(1 +(0.3+0.59))= 189)

Lets assume first calculation is right, so 206 ice storm damage, would that result in 206*0.2=41.2 damage ignite, or would i still only ignite for 20 damage?

This new ailment calculations are giving me headache...

And one last question. With EE (Elemental Equilibrium) ice storm will lower target fire resist and therefor should increase my RF and my SR (Scorching Ray) damage. Will it also increase the ignites of my ice storm, or would it only increase ignites of real fire skills, because the base skill hits harder and therefor even lowering my ice storm ignites?
Last edited by Mathorg on Jun 20, 2017, 7:07:12 AM
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2017, 9:24:04 AM
Damage over time is not spell damage so you will get no benefit toward ignites from RF or PA in 3.0 as things currently stand. For things that they do work with, you simply multiply, "more" multipliers don't need to be added together first.

Fire damage over time is still fire damage so resistance reduction works just fine. Penetration however does nothing for ignites since it only works on hits and the hits are irrelevant to ailment damage in 3.0.

Thank you very much :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info