Endless Hunger and Acuities 100% crit works Part 2.

In my first attempt, i made the mistake of using a binos dagger. The recovery provided this dagger would not have shown the results i got, but would have added some recovery to mess with my test.

Song and dance is my char, and this is the gear i used for the test. I usually run with an abyssuss with a 30% blood rage enchant, but put in the rats nest to hit crit cap.

100% chance to hit
92% crit chance on tooltip
Using assasins mark to bring that up to overcrit.
Running a map with no mana/life regen.

I used deodre pots to get powercharges before i started so i wouldnt get any non crits.

After killing a few, not only was i not degening from blood rage anymore, i used a vaalRF and recovered at an alarming rate for a no regen map.

This is solid proof that Endless hunger works with instant leech from acuities, as the overkill is not a critical hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9T6fwSVbnc

Got a recording to prove.

IF i missed anything that is causing th9e recovery, let me know.
Last edited by BloodBaneBoneBreaker on Jun 19, 2017, 5:23:27 PM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2018, 10:52:52 AM
I may have just answered my own question....I suppose that my aura range for Assassins mark is smaller than my splash dmg from slayer ascendancy. So enemies on outer edge of aura may potentially not get crit, and therefore provide regular leech. Will test again when i get back from work.
What are you trying to proof?

Overkill leech has always worked with Instant leech. The other line of Endless Hunger does not work and cant work with instant leech, because it does not have any duration.

Crit chance is capped at 95%

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jun 19, 2017, 1:09:10 PM
100% critchance is possible with assassin's mark making mobs have an additional 9% to receive a crit.

The overkill damage isn't considered a crit, and therefore applies normal leech to trigger endless hunger. Vaal pact and legacy vinktar lose benefit but acuities does not.

Trying to prove that you can use endless hunger to have pseudo perma stun/bleed immunity and 30% recovery benefit of slayer passive and still enjoy the instant leech on 100% of your hits with acuities. A huge benefit over vaal pact and legacy vinktar. As they are "all leech is instant"

Also to note, the 30%recovery from the overkill leech is not negated by zero regen mod on map, and instant leech o acuities applies to mana leech too (Just like vinktar but unlike vaal pact)
Last edited by BloodBaneBoneBreaker on Jun 19, 2017, 5:24:30 PM
Update, i have linked assasins mark with increased area of effect, and put a concentrated effect on my frenzy skill so the melee splash area is reduced from my ascendancy node.

I would like to note the ascendancy does not have the more area of effect that the melee splash gem has, so its area is small already.

Even with this change, i am getting the massive leech from overkill even with 100% effective crit chance 95% tooltip with frost golem up, and assasins mark blasphemy giving 104% effective crit chance. So i believe i can remove the possibility that mobs outside my blasphemy area are providing the leech as it would be less than 100% crit chance.

Even without brutal fervour, the 20% passive recovery you get from this (recovery that is not negated by no regen map mod as it is actually leech that doesnt stop at full life) I am able to maintain RF and bloodrage with only 75% fire resist, no reduced dot dmg taken mods. I can not only maintain, but still regen enough to ignore small hits.

Now i am using a melee character so RF is completely pointless, but has an interesting implication for Slayer life based caster.

With brutal fervour, we would have an additional 10% recovery over top of my tests. So with no regen investment on the tree, you would be perfectly fine with using RF as purely a huge"MORE DMG" multi, even if you use 100% spell crit and acuities.

Life caster potential or not, as a melee char alone, this is fantastic. I dont use brutal Fervour because i perfer the free melee splash to give a 7link to my flicker setup. But even without it, I find endless hunger a huge survive buff, but i still need bleed mod on flasks.

But for Melee skills that already have aoe, moving that free melee spalsh to Brutal Fervour really gives huge utility.

Massive passive recovery 30%
Immune to poison
Cant be stunned
50% reduced reflected phys damage.
The increased to lifeleech per second makes it very easy to max out your leech recovery

All while enjoying the perks of instant leech, instant mana leech on a crit char with acuities.

The reason i made this post, is i couldn't find concrete evidence that Endless Hunger worked with acuities this way. And therefore tested myself, and wanted to share with anyone else looking to theorycraft a build in the new 3.0 meta.

Of course acuities are still subject to change for 3.0 so this all may be a moot point, but if it does not, Slayer is going to be my goto for any physical dmg build. As that 50% reduced physical reflected damage taken fixes 1 of the two killers for lifepool builds. The other being Volitile, which has already been fixed in 3.0 beta.
Last edited by BloodBaneBoneBreaker on Jun 19, 2017, 5:25:56 PM
You're bothering my pedantic inner nitpick douchebag. Stop calling leech regen!!!!!! The generic term for the category of mechanic that regen, leech, recharge, flasks etc. fall into is called Recovery. memorize that word because leech is not regen and Slayer Endless Hunger does not grant regen - it grants leech over time, which is Recovery. There is no regeneration that can occur on a no regeneration Map (non-ZO ES regen used to work, but I believe they fixed that).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
You're bothering my pedantic inner nitpick douchebag. Stop calling leech regen!!!!!! The generic term for the category of mechanic that regen, leech, recharge, flasks etc. fall into is called Recovery. memorize that word because leech is not regen and Slayer Endless Hunger does not grant regen - it grants leech over time, which is Recovery. There is no regeneration that can occur on a no regeneration Map (non-ZO ES regen used to work, but I believe they fixed that).

Valid point that is confusing. Changed regen to recovery. I used the term as regen, because of its similarity to regen, but it is mechanically different. So I agreed to change
Last edited by BloodBaneBoneBreaker on Jun 19, 2017, 5:28:15 PM
"

Valid point that is confusing. Changed regen to recovery. I used the term as regen, because of its similarity to regen, but it is mechanically different. So I agreed to change

Nice, thanks. People usually don't concede that much.

Anyway, pretty cool mechanics going on, nice little loophole that "overkills don't crit."

Not sure if it's worth it when you could simply stack high attack speed and have less than 100% critical chance, though :p I personally dislike mechanics that fail against one-on-one boss fights, so pretty much all on-kill effects are included there, but from an objective, logical standpoint your leech interaction here would be really strong (since one-on-one boss fights are few and far between in PoE nowadays).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Lol. Actually, once again loophole where mechanics benefits the build. Bosses have curse resistances.so against a boss your effective crit chance is actually sub 100%. So being a fast attack build myself (.08 attack time) it just works out :).
This is a bug (along with several more weird behaviours, such as leech rate bonuses not applying, and the leech being instant if your main-hand weapon has local instant leech regardless of whether the hit was with the main hand or not), and will be fixed in the future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info