Memoirs of a Millionaire

So I was at a bar met a guy, we had extremely interesting conversation. He bought me a drink and as a gesture I offered to pay the tip... He told me no need,.. Well after the drinks finished it was time to pay, the receipt was in the amount of 240$. My tip would have been 10$..

Then something unexpected happened...

"Can I tell you something?" He said. I looked at him and said, "sure you can."

"Do you know anything about me?'

"Yes, your $1000 Hermes wallet gave it away..."

So he laughed, he already could tell I was cultured in the finer things in life... And asked me, "why?'

I knew 240$ to him was like giving the bartender left over change... So I told him.

"Money is just a way for a man to hide their insecurities..."
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2017, 1:15:23 AM
boy if you only intended to tip 10$ on a 240 tab you are one cheap dude lol
I dont see any any key!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
boy if you only intended to tip 10$ on a 240 tab you are one cheap dude lol

Depends on the culture. Here in Oz, tipping is very much voluntary and indicates above and beyond service and as such is more a gesture than anything else. $10 on a $240 bill would be appreciated.

Quite similar here in germany. Usually most tips here are just a bit to the next "bigger" (5 or 0 at the end) number, so not all that much
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Actually the receipt already included 15% gratuity... Many places are doing that now.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Ok. He bought you a drink and I suppose he had at least one too. The bill came to $240. It doesn't add up. If your drink was $25, then he drank $215 worth. Maybe your drink was $50 so his drinks came to $190. Did you carry him out to his limo? The wallet was a nice touch though. :)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I figured as much, but it would have been a better story if the facts had fit together better. The conversation, the bill, the wallet and the ending would have fallen into place more neatly without the distraction of the disconnect. It was enjoyable nonetheless. :)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info