Path of Exile at E3

it is pretty sad that poe would be on console since GGG wouldnt have full control on patch on the console platform.(a fact confirmed by another game company Trion on their devstream)

hope that GGG wont make both platform synchronized to the same patching version (just like the game warframe) and the patching speed/progress on pc wouldnt be bothered.
Well done GGG! Cant wait for 3.0!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
nice job advertising poe, I'd love to see the game grow:)
"...four Xbox One X consoles to show Path of Exile off at 4k/60fps..."
Did you launch one Path of Exile client at 4k/60fps on all 4 consoles together? Because even my PC can't handle PoE at 4k/60fps
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Huh.

Well this certainly explains a few things.

Still, congrats on the coverage. You've sure come a long way from chasing people down to try your demo at PAX.

Lol, you took the sail out of those "first" posters.^^

I would love it if GGG chased me!

PS: "Chris here" but posted by Natalia. Seems legit.
"
VironLaw wrote:
Natalia, will you update this post when there's new post from other game journalist? Thanks!

**Edit1:** When PS4? =P

why not read the articles?

"
When asked if we could see ever Path of Exile coming to PS4 in the future, Wilson says potentially. “We’re going to get the Xbox launch entirely out of the way and make sure we are supporting it well before looking at other platforms.” The Fall of Oriath is coming to PC in July 2017, with the Xbox One port releasing close to that window with no official release date yet.
4K/60FPS ?!

Are you joking? I play the game on a 1800€ PC and i ain't getting reliable 60FPS!
And i am not even playing in 1080p i play in like 720p window mode god damn it!
Lets see if these game optimizations bring what GGG is promising us ever since
someone asked for a particle slider for the first time...
Does this mean all content will be dumbed down so it's doable with a freaking controller, or we're gonna be playing a different version of the game ?
I am a bit disappointed that GGG decided to branch out to consoles. I understand that this could help them make more money, but it could also backfire very badly.

Development and patching on the PC version will undoubtedly get slower, because the developers will now have 2 different games to maintain and even if they hire a new team for Xbone, that means more expenses for the company.

Also future content will have to be dumbed down, so it could fit the limitations of the console itself. This affects the PC version too, unless they make 2 completely different games, which I doubt they want.

Finally the biggest problem I have for them going console, is that the PC version is far from optimized. PoE is still a game that can't keep a stable 60fps at 1080p for a lot of players out there with modern hardware, including me.

So yeah I am a bit salty they decided to spread their resources even thinner and for what? To appease some people who are too lazy to hook their PC with their TV and play from their couch.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and the Xbone version won't affect the PC one and maybe they will finally optimize the performance of the game on PC.
GGG, Your staff/dev team are THE best, gamers that UNDERSTAND gamers. What WE want in POE, and really listens to the players. Thank you for everything! LOUIE!!!
The LORD will march forth like a mighty Warrior, He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info