Just found 2 items I've never seen before

I know these aren't really rare items or anything upon looking into them but I've been playing this game a while and I've never seen them drop, got them in back to back maps. Both are pretty badass items too. Just thought it was cool to see something new, wanted to share.

Last bumped on Jun 18, 2017, 12:25:35 PM
Quite a number of us theorycrafted around the armor. Then we realized that auras being disabled pretty much neutralizes whatever benefit that armor has to offer in end game. For leveling, that thing is pretty sick and can help one win races.

"
VigilanteCat wrote:
I know these aren't really rare items or anything upon looking into them but I've been playing this game a while and I've never seen them drop, got them in back to back maps. Both are pretty badass items too. Just thought it was cool to see something new, wanted to share.

I got a Jack The Axe to drop for me in SSF Legacy league:

It made my day and allowed me to push my Frost Blades Champion to level 90 in 200 hrs. of casual play over 77 days. It's a great weapon to use as it talks and laughs and always wants more blood as "blood tastes good" on killing things. It also loves to "rip, tear, shred" things. Super fun and GGG should add voices to more unique weapons.

Every once in awhile I still get a new unique to drop as happened yesterday playing a Whispering Ice Cast While Channeling ice/fire build.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Jack, The Axe is PoE's first talking weapon, created by the mighty multi-diamond XvXReaperXvX. It's just too damn cool.

I concur, super cool talking weapon.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
VigilanteCat wrote:

Well, the weapon is rather old, but I found it only recently, too. Seems like it's not super rare, but not common, either.
Gruthkul's pelt, however, was added quite recently, so no wonder you haven't had it drop up until now. Cool item, although I think not having any aura is too huge a drawback.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jun 18, 2017, 9:21:01 AM
Hey, any chance you can apply damage over time with that armor in beta?

Your skills deals no damage.. but they still have the base damage which is used to calculate new dot dmg... anyone tried it? :D
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:

Your skills deals no damage..

Spell skills. You should be able to apply DoTs with attacks no problem.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:

Well I mean spells.. like ethereal knives, BV etc....
They should still hit even if they deal no damage, and they should still have same base damage which is recalculated to dot in 3.0.. so I think there is a chance it could still work.
I'll have to equip that axe and go kill some stuff, pretty cool that it talks.

The armor is actually the lowest possible roll too, it goes up to 100% Physical Damage I believe. I was thinking that maybe with MoM possibly being part of the new meta that you might not want many auras anyway, but if you're playing MoM then you'll probably want to also wear the new Cloak of Defiance.

Also, I'd have to math it out but yeah, it seems like even in a life-based phys build you'd probably still really want Hatred and/or Herald of Ash, and those would win out over even the top roll of 100% Increased Phys. Too bad, I really want to run around as a giant!

Edit: @Nathaniell123 Your spells are disabled. Not sure if they would still work with CoC or something but you can't cast them yourself, only attacks.
Last edited by VigilanteCat on Jun 18, 2017, 10:48:04 AM
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:

Well I mean spells.. like ethereal knives, BV etc....
They should still hit even if they deal no damage, and they should still have same base damage which is recalculated to dot in 3.0.. so I think there is a chance it could still work.

Your Spells are disabled, too. (Last mod). So you can't cast a spell nor use triggers. At least that's how I understand it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info