[3.2] [HC-SC] Essence Drecay GMP with 11-12 Charges [Trickster] [MoM + High Dodge to HC]

Well, with the nerf in the Arcane Surge this will not be part of this build anymore. :/

"when you use supported skills" was changed to "when you cast", it was linked with Whirling Blades.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Jul 14, 2017, 2:55:37 PM
I did not play this weekend again, but I managed to buy the Essence of Delirium (35 chaos). I'm level 82.

I crafted a Sai with this but I was unlucky, there was no open prefix, so I could not craft spell damage.

No buffs, I had 7379 damage in 4L using Decay gem + Heartbreaker. Now using this Sai with Decay + Eficacy gem I have 9362 damage.

No buffs, I had 14840 damage in 5L using Decay gem + Heartbreaker. Now using this Sai with Decay + Controlled Destruction gem I have 18734 damage.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
I recorded a video on my first red map, showing how the build works.

https://youtu.be/M3mMKOrdrNk
Guides made by me:
I liked the idea of your build, and gave it a go with a few changes, but nothing dramatically different, and its pretty good, however...

Its feels A LOT better, if you just use 1 six-link, and use Blight + CWC + ED + everything else.

You won't have a 6link ED this way, but it wont matter because you can swap GMP for slower proj, or void manip/whatever you want, and still have insane single target.

The clear speed is also way better if you are using Blight CWC to unload shitloads of Essence Drains.

The only reason this build feels good though, is because of the positive changes to double dipping. Many people may not realize this yet, but gmp/lmp doesn't double dip 'negatively' anymore, so it will not effect the initial hit of your Essence Drains anymore, like it does on 2.6 right now.

Using this method to clear, once you get CWC and GMP at lvl 38, is pure insanity. You literally obliterate everything on the screen and make it look like your just cheesing the game, especially if you went for the pierce nodes in the tree on the right side.

That aside, I didn't take this build into any maps that were note-worthy, but from context and knowing how to build ED characters myself, I can say this has a lot of potential as an end-game viable build that can crush guardians and shaper.

TL;DR Using Blight to channel GMP Essence Drain feels way better, and you don't need a 4L for clear and a 2nd 6L for single target, just swap GMP for something. I prefer void manipulation myself. Build has a lot of variable lee-way.
"
Hawkly wrote:
Spoiler
I liked the idea of your build, and gave it a go with a few changes, but nothing dramatically different, and its pretty good, however...

Its feels A LOT better, if you just use 1 six-link, and use Blight + CWC + ED + everything else.

You won't have a 6link ED this way, but it wont matter because you can swap GMP for slower proj, or void manip/whatever you want, and still have insane single target.

The clear speed is also way better if you are using Blight CWC to unload shitloads of Essence Drains.

The only reason this build feels good though, is because of the positive changes to double dipping. Many people may not realize this yet, but gmp/lmp doesn't double dip 'negatively' anymore, so it will not effect the initial hit of your Essence Drains anymore, like it does on 2.6 right now.

Using this method to clear, once you get CWC and GMP at lvl 38, is pure insanity. You literally obliterate everything on the screen and make it look like your just cheesing the game, especially if you went for the pierce nodes in the tree on the right side.

That aside, I didn't take this build into any maps that were note-worthy, but from context and knowing how to build ED characters myself, I can say this has a lot of potential as an end-game viable build that can crush guardians and shaper.

TL;DR Using Blight to channel GMP Essence Drain feels way better, and you don't need a 4L for clear and a 2nd 6L for single target, just swap GMP for something. I prefer void manipulation myself. Build has a lot of variable lee-way.

Hello,

Interesting this set you made. I once theorized a CwC using Blight + ED + LMP or GMP in PoB, but it did not compensate, the damage reduced by the application of "less" in DoT damage did not compensate. I had not yet tested this setting in beta.

It is only compensating to use GMP in ED because of changes in double dip, DoT damage is no longer affected by projectiles, so less projectile damage no longer affects.

It may be my impression, but it seems that because of this the Exile that uses ED + LMP seems more dangerous, causing more damage.

This build I actually created does not need to create 2 ED (4L or + 5L), however I'm lazy to stay putting and exchanging gems and the 4L damage has been reasonable enough in the 4L in T11 maps, but if I realize that the 4L is weak for higher tier red maps I will update the guide to use a single link swapping GMP for Rapid Decay in Bosses. For now it's all experimental and this guide is not definitive.

It's very interesting your build, I think you should make a guide for anyone who wants to test it. With Blight + CwC you will get 3 casts of ED per second (causing reasonable hit damage) + Blight damage + other effects with Chaos.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Jul 24, 2017, 3:42:34 PM
I tried blight cwc ED, but came to the conclusion that ED/GMP was superior because of the increased range. With a temp chains aura and wither, mobs often die before they get in blight's range. Couple of observations:

1. I'm using a +2 chaos gem staff with ED/GMP/Void manipulation/Decay/Controlled Destruction. Even with a crappy spell damage bonus on the staff, I'm doing 14.5 k per second DoT at level 80.

2. MoM, arctic armour and a temp chains aura are providing adequate defense.

3. I have contagion both on a CWDT and a totem. (Totem has wither and contagion with increased durartion). I usually use wither, but contagion is a good option for areas with a lot of small critters.

I will post a tree when I have access to my laptop.
Thanks for your feedback Aedwy.

1 - I did simulation using staff +2 and +3 in PoB, but I did not put it in this quick guide, I'll probably add it to the final guide. It can be a good choice for Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics, significantly increasing the damage to the cost of resistances and life.

2 - For hardcore I do not rely only on TC + MoM + AA as defenses. But it is something that can actually work if defensive investment is used for offensive points on the passive tree (using a staff of at least +2) to deal damage.

3 - Your idea of Contagion in CwdT is excellent, I had not thought of it. This is something I will consider when writing the definitive build guide.

-------------------

For those who are following the topic and testing the build, I did not have time to play the last 7 days (busy with business and work) and my computer crashed. Only tomorrow morning (Friday) the technical repair will give me back the repaired PC and I will not have time to play either Friday or the weekend, probably only Monday.

So I have not had time to test the initial compilation of 4L to trash and 5L to bosses in T12 + maps. My concern, as stated before, is whether the 4L will be enough to kill trash easily on T12 + maps without any problems. I believe that in general yes, but maps with chaos resistance and/or More monster life begin to bring problems.

I hope to have time to test at least T13 maps until the end of the beta, anyway I will update the guide next week with information, images, etc, and if I can not test I will put the original (4L to trash and 5L to bosses) and another option with 5L for everything (removing GMP for rapid decay against bosses). During the new Harbinger League I will upgrade to a definitive guide. The exchange of one compilation by another, in practice, will not change anything, only the gems, ie zero cost.
Guides made by me:
Big changes to frenzy and power charges, I guess there is no point in taking the extra frenzy charges on the tree now :/
"
mobidougui wrote:
Big changes to frenzy and power charges, I guess there is no point in taking the extra frenzy charges on the tree now :/

Yes, but:

If this is good or bad? Apparently it's a change with pros and cons. Next week when I write the guide I probably instead of spending points on frenzy charges, I'd rather spend on spell damage.
Guides made by me:
Yeah the power charge for trickster is a nice buff.

Vaal lightning trap is nerfed too with the change to shock, it's gonna affect the single target dps :/
Last edited by mobidougui on Jul 28, 2017, 7:45:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info