[3.0]Assassin Second Stage 3M+ POISON DPS Viper Strike theory

Nicely made,
Even without Perfect Agony ( crit multi added to ailments for 75% ) this will still be a good build to play.
Perhaps still worth to take it for the 25% crit multi to the poisons, but we'll see.

Question, when you have Brutality as a loose setup to replace Melee Splash, for single target.
Why wouldnt you just use it over Void Manipulation?

My PoB is saying that Brutality does more damage for both, the initial hit and the poison.
Void Mani doing less on the both of them.
Wouldnt it be better to not use void mani at all at that point?

Just wondering :D
"
Gambit79 wrote:
Hi just doing something similiar but in another way. And before opening a new post lets just theorize here i thought :)

The basics is the same but im going Hybrid with "The Covenant" since the added chaos from it scales extremly well with Viper Strike.

Atm the Builder shows me around 7.3 mil dps without melee splash. This is planned to be run with Binos as well and I think that the spreaded poison will be more then enough to kill packs easy and fast w/o splash, but have to check it out when im leveled and have the Bino's :)

I have 2 blue slots in it because getting covenant 5 off-colours is to hard b4 release but just for fun replace Efficacy with Vile Tosxins and we are above 8 mil dps!

Here is my Pastebin to Builder, if anyone wants to check it out:
https://pastebin.com/Fk9z6vad

And here are the stats in overviw for the moment.

Im still leveling and dont know if I get him high enough b4 wipe, but I will give an update as soon as I reach high-level and can check if it works.

------

*edit

Just remembered that growing Agony gives us Unholy Might already :)
So changed Shield to Lycosidae as well, and just a few fixes on tree and rings as well, cause no accuracy needed anymore.

Now 10 mil dps with Efficacy and 11 mil with Vile Toxins. Here the new Pastebin to this:
https://pastebin.com/dyXrNczB

Hey really thank you for post that, I like the build a lot! but I was trying to change the lycosidae shield for Breath of the Council Carnal Sceptre? The dps rise up like 1 millon dps and it's cheaper thatn lycosidae?
Also, you're saying haste + grace, which makes this 100% mana reserve, how would we use viper strike then?
Running the blasphemy is terrible if you use the flask for vuln anyway.

Also, if you have mana, how do we regen it fast enough to keep using viper strike and not run out of mana?
Im trying to see if the mana leech node ( 0,4 ) on the right side, close to the proj dodge thing is enough to sustain.
Last edited by Qfierced on Jun 23, 2017, 8:00:21 AM
"

Hey really thank you for post that, I like the build a lot! but I was trying to change the lycosidae shield for Breath of the Council Carnal Sceptre? The dps rise up like 1 millon dps and it's cheaper thatn lycosidae?

U can change to that, but tbh I wouldn't. First, you loose 15% block chance, which is 15% flat attack dmg avoidance. Also we have to take care of hit chance again. This build is based on life and mana leech and I hate leech builds with less then 90% hitchance. U can get in some tough situations if your leech gets interrrupted by, let's say to many misses.

If you really wanna max out dps go for the Breath, I like to play a bit more safe so I stay with Lyco probably. But since the whole DoT System and the new support gems get overhauled with the wipe I have to check if this build is still viable past-wipe after all. Especially since it depends on Brutality alot. So we have to see if the changes on Brutality only influences direct Chaos damage or Poison-DoT as well.

"
The Perfect Agony keystone will grant 30% of Critical Strike Multiplier and 30% less hit damage (It is currently by far the best way to build ailment damage, to an extreme degree).

Brutality will grant up to 59% more damage at gem level 20, higher than it is currently but it will also prevent dealing Chaos Damage, so will only deal Physical Damage with the supported skill.

Last edited by Gambit79 on Jun 23, 2017, 3:02:24 PM
Checked it with a bino and the shield, comes down to 17 life leech per hit...
Which is insanely low, especially since you claimed that that is '' helping out ''.

Not worth even taking vaal pact if the leech is that drastic.

Think you forgot to notice that leech only works on initial hits, which isnt much as viper strike, especially cuz we down the damage it does with 2 gems.
Last edited by Qfierced on Jun 23, 2017, 7:55:46 PM
"
Qfierced wrote:
Checked it with a bino and the shield, comes down to 17 life leech per hit...
Which is insanely low, especially since you claimed that that is '' helping out ''.

Not worth even taking vaal pact if the leech is that drastic.

Think you forgot to notice that leech only works on initial hits, which isnt much as viper strike, especially cuz we down the damage it does with 2 gems.

Im not sure which build your talking about, the OP's or my modified, because no Quote.
If its about my modififed build, keep in mind that its a Hybrid and im running Ghost reaver. Also check if Atziris Promis is active.

Here is my leech with Atziris Promise:
Gambit79, im talking about the post creators build.
Yours is CI so im not talking abouts yours :P

I really dont understand why he claims he has good life leech, when he only takes 0,4% life leech, and then has alot of damage reduction for VS initial hit, the only leech you get is from the initial hit..

Dont claim its good on leech, when the main survival ability of this build is pots with evasion...
Last edited by Qfierced on Jun 24, 2017, 10:51:45 AM
I'm doing a similar build myself, but your build is far from optimal

- Switching from Method to the Madness to From the Shadows takes the same amount of points but increases your damage by about 10% for hits and 3% for poison stacks and there are many more small changes you can make to increase your damage like this. (e.g. Reaching Fangs of the viper with the physical damage node increases damage over dot node)

- Though the unique shield is more consistent in terms of hits the damage output with Breath of the council is higher depending on your crit chance and accuracy.

- Jewel mods increasing both hit and poison damage like %Damage or even %Chaos damage will be better than mods going purely for the poison stack damage.

- Your Non-poison DPS is very low. Bosses will most likely be a piece of cake unless they have high poison/chaos res but clear on minions will most likely make your clear very slow. Having a higher amount of base damage will increase your poison damage aswell so it might be beneficial to sacrifice some poison damage to make clearing easier and bosses slightly slower.
Void manipulation for instance increases only the chaos damage of the viper strike and the poison stacks. Replacing this with for instance Increased melee physical damage decreased the poison damage somewhat as the Void manipulation double dips both the chaos damage conversion from viper strike and the poison damage but severely increases the hit damage resulting in an increase in poison damage.

- Deadly ailments just got nerfed along with perfect agony.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1914543

Because it decreases your hit it also decreased the poison it does before increasing it again so this will no longer be worth it compared to something like the new maim, or void manipulation

- Increasing your hit damage also makes you leech more.

- Dont forget to look at the 9 stack damage because of vile toxins

- Why arrow dancing when you are playing a melee build?

- Why not pick up the frenzy nodes if you are playing with blood rage anyway?

- I recommend an instant healing flask

- Why not crit chance on the amulet?

- Why not a rustic sash belt?

- Why the 2 skill points? I think both oak and alira will offer more damage oak 2% less phys reduction is really nice because you wear abyssus

- Why no basalt flask with abyssus?

Also thank you I forgot a wither totem in my build. Hope this advice/questions make you think a lot for improving your build.

EDIT: Increased Melee Physical Damage doesn't increase poison damage anymore
Last edited by M4st3rM1nd on Jun 24, 2017, 3:47:46 PM
Is the Brutality gem a drop or can other classes purchase at a vendor in a certain act?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info