A cheap build for 3.0 beta

Okay so i dont expect there to be full builds over it yet but i wanna play the first acts to learn the new story before the update in july.

Anyways im not really looking for a advanced build, just a build that can handle the bosses till like act 6(dont think ill get further than that).

It should be relatively cheap(but i dont mind grinding an area to get something but not a build that requires 6 link gears).

I usually play witch or ranger but i thought id try something new. Id like it to have element aspect, like fire or cold damage or even earth.

Is there any existing builds that dont get too damaged cuz of 3.0 or what do you recommend?

If there is a choice between damage or life + res, i prefer the late.

I dont really need a full build, just the main gems and a skilltree that works up to lvl 60, not that i ont get that far but anyways.

Do you have any "builds" to share that works?

(btw is scion a good pick or still kinda meh?)
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2017, 2:40:47 PM
Scion still meh imo.

I can recommend crit ice trap saboteur. Only needs a 4l (ice trap, cluster trap, mine and trap damage, cold pen) and other than that just whatever gear you manage to find. Damage is good, the cooldown is low enough and survivability depends on gear. Hit and run is easy, getting around most boss mechanics isn't hard at all, they are either slow or telegraphed well enough.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I used Lighty's Cyclone build and it was strong as hell. Cyclone now has better QoL since it doesn't get stuck on obstacles and paths around them instead. Keep in mind, the new bosses will probably kill you a few times. They have mechanics to understand and cyclone isnt always friendly to quick reactions!

~Myth

Edit: Added link to guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302337
Last edited by Mythkiller on Jun 11, 2017, 1:58:19 PM
Characters are going to be wiped. Possibly more than once. Why concern yourself with trying to find a build. Play for fun. Explore. Goof off.

Don't invest... because your return on that is zilch.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Characters are going to be wiped. Possibly more than once. Why concern yourself with trying to find a build. Play for fun. Explore. Goof off.

Don't invest... because your return on that is zilch.

This. I am just playing things I never have before. Viper Strike/claws Tri-elemental trapper, Scorching ray etc. Just have fun and try different skills and classes. Maybe you'll find a new favorite to try out in full when 3.0 hits in July.

Good Luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info