Fix for radeon x1000 water rendering

I sent an email to the support team asking if they plan on fixing it or just say unsupported, waiting for a reply.
It's already been "confirmed" to be on a list of things to fix. You get red text at the top of the login screen that says the card is currently unable to render water and that it will be fixed in a later version of the beta. However, this is a pretty vague statement because who knows when that will be? I'm not even sure if this is anywhere near the top of GGG's priorities, but I think getting everyone able to play should be the first step of the process before they start tweaking gameplay, adding shop items, and new acts.
ATI Radeon X1700 Mobile with custom x1600 drivers, same problem.

3D-Analyze fixed this, but I'm getting 35 fps at best with nothing going on on the screen. Average 10 fps in combat and dropping below 3 when there's fog or many high-polygon enemies around. Upper part of the jail was very aggravating due to 1s+ screen freezes and skip value 1000+.

Hope there will be some consideration for the x1000 series, the later cards are still pretty good.
well guys good news is since i passed act 1 i havent seen a problem its working flawlessly so bare with it guys pass act 1 with 5 fps (using the tool) i know its aggravating (i played true it myself) after that u wont need the tool im somewhere at the end of act 2 and im getting 60 fps with occasional dips to 40 here and there but absolutely playable and enjoyable so GL and get going !

PS : sorry bout the spelling its not my native language ...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________DONT FEED THE TROLLS !!
"
As33 wrote:
well guys good news is since i passed act 1 i havent seen a problem its working flawlessly so bare with it guys pass act 1 with 5 fps (using the tool) i know its aggravating (i played true it myself) after that u wont need the tool im somewhere at the end of act 2 and im getting 60 fps with occasional dips to 40 here and there but absolutely playable and enjoyable so GL and get going !

PS : sorry bout the spelling its not my native language ...

So it has to do with the ocean waves of Act 1 specifically? Odd... wish I had the programming experience to know why. =P

Out of curiosity could you post your computer specs?

(also BUMP to raise awareness and hope ;D)
Ya confirmed it's only Act 1 that causes the problem for x1000 series cards.

Got through Act 1, then loaded it normally and it runs smoothly.

Just stay away from Act 1 cause you will not be able to load it, it'll just freeze up.
CPU AMD athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.5 GHZ (orleans singlecore)
RAM 2x 1gb ddr2 @ 840 MHZ 5-5-5
GPU ATI radeon x1650 256 ddr2 (RV 530)
Display Asus 19" @ 1440 x 900
MB MSI N9 AM2+ socket (cant remember the specifics)
OS XP SP3 DX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

in any case for your curiosity only i think its the insanely outdated drivers u cant say the GPUs dont have HW TNL when its clear that those are shadermodel 3.0/DX9 compatible cards ...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________DONT FEED THE TROLLS !!
"
As33 wrote:
CPU AMD athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.5 GHZ (orleans singlecore)
RAM 2x 1gb ddr2 @ 840 MHZ 5-5-5
GPU ATI radeon x1650 256 ddr2 (RV 530)
Display Asus 19" @ 1440 x 900
MB MSI N9 AM2+ socket (cant remember the specifics)
OS XP SP3 DX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

in any case for your curiosity only i think its the insanely outdated drivers u cant say the GPUs dont have HW TNL when its clear that those are shadermodel 3.0/DX9 compatible cards ...

But this is only ATI problem, on GF 8600GT which is weaker and older than my 1900xtx everything is going fine.
Polish people aren't so bad at all :D
So the X1000 series GPU's themselves are capable of playing the game without 3Danalayze.

The problem lies with legacy drivers like these apparently ( http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx ) and the way ocean water is rendered in Act 1. I'm only going to assume GGG already knows this since they have people with degrees in this kind of stuff. =P
Last edited by PathlessBullet on Jan 29, 2013, 11:10:51 PM
Cool good find guys. Wife could not play on her laptop, Now I can just rush her with a ranger through act 1. Act 2-3 has more content anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info