Fairy tale gone greedy ?

How companys change - back in 2012 there was free beta access for everyone in poe and now they try to milk the cow with the oriath beta. 500 $ ? Greed at its best.
IGN: Phynomea
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2017, 8:20:10 PM
"
Phynomea wrote:
How companys change - back in 2012 there was free beta access for everyone in poe and now they try to milk the cow with the oriath beta. 500 $ ? Greed at its best.

You can get a beta key from the $30 supporter pack.
Last edited by XerxezBreak on Jun 10, 2017, 11:04:01 AM
"
Phynomea wrote:

It's $500 spent for instant access without having to buy or win a key.
If you want to buy a key, you can get the Oriath supporter pack for $30.

And yes, when you (and I, for that matter) began playing, the OPEN beta had just started. As opposed to the CLOSED beta before that and the closed beta running now.

Since GGG have to make money with a free game, they're seizing the opportunity to do so by offering beta access for money, knowing full well that there will be quite a few people willing to pay.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Im pretty sure i paid 10$ when the game was in closed beta some time before release...man farming fellshrine ruins was pretty much the end game :/ we came a looooooooong way.
Beta in 2012 was closed and had a buy in, which i did...
"
Phynomea wrote:

No, there was not...access was given out randomly very slowly, upto the point the started selling keys after an open weekend.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Poe is up for 1326 days since release and beta access is 500$ it's 0.38$ a day. I dont see how is it greedy?
You get a key from various sources, or buy the cheapest pack for 30$

The 500$ is a lifetime spending limit.

Basically:
-Hey GGG, I bought all this stuff in the past, can I have access to current stuff?
-Sure bro, go ahead, have fun.

It's like the opposite of greed.

Nice bait thread, troll, or clueless person.
Last edited by Snowflakesz on Jun 10, 2017, 4:43:30 PM
I don't remember there ever being free beta access
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
"
Phynomea wrote:

You can get a beta key from the $30 supporter pack.

And in that pack you get:

250 points - value $25
Oriath weapon effect - value $3.50 (cheapest weapon effect in store)

So that leaves $1.50 spent to get:

Forum Title
Digital Soundtrack
Social Frame
And a Beta Key.

It would seem the OP is confusing GG greed with their own stinginess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info