Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Vipermagi wrote:
By default, Crits deal extra Damage based on your Crit Multiplier. Kongor's mod negates that. To be quite honest, I have no clue what else it could mean.
"
I just thoroughly explained what else it could mean and/or be assumed that did lead to confusion.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yeah, I read your post. I still have no idea what this other interpretation is. From what I read, the only interpretations are "Crits normally deal extra Damage, if you don't have Kongor's" (that is what Crit Mult means, yes), and "this mod negates Crit Mult" (which is literally the same thing). That's why I wrote that previous post.

Pardon my late reply.

How much clearer can I be about it? Hopefully my responses below clarify a few things.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It also shows up on the character sheet as setting your Crit Mult to 100%, btw.

I know that, but the wording should be clear without having to consult the Character Window or without having to bother friends just to clarify the wording.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's worth noting, Kongor's isn't the only modifier to use this wording: Crit mitigation modifiers such as those found on the Indomitable node and the Brass Dome unique armour all refer to this "mysterious" Extra Damage. It's just one of the game's regular terms.

I am glad you brought that up, i.e., other equipment and Skill Tree nodes bearing the 'Extra' term.

It is also worth noting the Indomitable node saying 'You take 20% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes' is not exactly the same as 'Your Critical Strikes do not deal Extra Damage'.

'Your Critical Strikes do not deal Extra Damage' (means no 'No Critical Strike Multiplier', just like the new Elemental Overload Keystone is worded. Why? It is more clear!)

vs.

'You take 20% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes' (means 'You take 20% reduced Multiplied Critical Damage)

There is a difference between those two mods, and both should be worded differently (along with every other Mod bearing the 'Extra' term) so they aptly say 'No Critical Strike Multiplier', 'Take no Multiplied Critical Damage', 'reduced Multiplied Critical Damage', or in the case of some Damage nodes, 'More Damage'.

Here are some examples provided to improve Mods bearing the 'Extra' term:

Force Shaper node: Gain 5% of Physical Damage as 'More' Chaos Damage (instead of: Gain 5% of Physical Damage as 'Extra' Chaos Damage)

Why 'More' instead of 'Extra'? One sounds less multiplicative than the other, plus, there are more Mods in the game bearing the 'More' term most players know is multiplicative than the 'Extra' term.

Kongor's Undying Rage Critical Strike Mod: No Critical Strike Multiplier (Just say it like it is instead of: Your Critical Strikes do not deal 'Extra' Damage)

Indomitable node: You take 20% reduced Multiplied Critical Damage (instead of: You take 20% reduced 'Extra' Damage from Critical Strikes).

Brass Dome Gladiator Plate: Take no Multiplied Critical Damage (instead of: Take no 'Extra' Damage from Critical Strikes)

Breaking down the above underlined text, it seems to suggest regular Critical Strikes are what otherwise cause 'Extra'/'More' Damage when in fact it is aptly Critical Strike Multiplier applied TO regular Critical Strikes to cause 'More' Damage (multiplicative). Just saying 'from Critical Strikes' does not sound multiplicative enough or that regular Critical Strike damage gets multiplied by Critical Strike Multiplier.

Conclusively, my point here is the term 'More' (used more often than the term 'Extra') should be consistent on all Mods throughout the game, not throwing in another term like 'Extra' that only seems to mean the same thing. Doing that only causes confusion.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 15, 2016, 2:46:10 PM
'outmanoeuvre' should be 'outmaneuver'

P.S. The only thing that suggests 'outmanoeuvre' might be the British spelling of outmaneuver in English is how the r and the e are reversed like in the word 'sceptre' instead of scepter.

If so, then never mind.

When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 15, 2016, 3:13:59 PM

Bug n*2.930.178.555

Typo problem in the map description after triggering a mysterious shrine in the labirynth.

Cheers
Spoiler
"
anemo83 wrote:

Bug n*2.930.178.555

Typo problem in the map description after triggering a mysterious shrine in the labirynth.

Cheers

This isn't a typo or a spelling mistake, it's an actual bug. GGG is well aware of it as this has been going on since Prophecy release. Completely restarting your client will fix it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Sep 17, 2016, 2:09:50 PM
Minor UI quickie:

In the premium currency tab, the armourer scraps and whetstones are offset slightly to the right compared to the exa and mirror slots below them.
some typos in the buff bar

https://imgur.com/a/cQp80
dropped item name display bug
https://pp.vk.me/c637626/v637626158/1235e/6Oki66GHlZQ.jpg
"
Uste4 wrote:
dropped item name display bug
https://pp.vk.me/c637626/v637626158/1235e/6Oki66GHlZQ.jpg

Cmon now. I answered this already in this thread, twice. And just a few posts above this as well.

This isn't a typo or a spelling mistake. It is a bug and does not belong in this thread.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Sep 24, 2016, 11:12:09 AM
Not a very important spelling mistake, but I encountered a rare mob that rolled the name "Mossstink". English isn't my first language, but I'm pretty sure this should either be hyphenated or have one "s" removed.
Last edited by Unicornflakes on Oct 10, 2016, 3:38:44 AM
"
Estroyer wrote:
Minor UI quickie:

In the premium currency tab, the armourer scraps and whetstones are offset slightly to the right compared to the exa and mirror slots below them.

I'm gonna say "not a bug", because they're meant to be grouped with the other artisan items.

Edit: also there's this thing in Sid Meier's Civilization IV where Leonard Nimoy is supposed to say "increase of thy kine" but he says "increase of thy kind". If there's anything you guys can do about this I would REALLY appreciate it! Tricky, I know, but ... thanks in advance!
Last edited by xSTGx on Oct 14, 2016, 12:28:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info