Spelling mistakes and typos

Fixing, thanks!
Code warrior
Please fix this. It should be two sentences, not a run-on sentence with a comma.
Please put a period after "item". Then new sentence.
Thank you.

"You cannot use this item. Its stats will be ignored."

Also.. why do mobs say "Other allies cannot die"?
Shouldn't it just be "Allies cannot die"? I mean, you don't count YOURSELF as part of allies, since it's referring to allies, and not THAT monster.
Last edited by Mushuukyou on Jan 24, 2016, 2:08:37 AM
"
Mushuukyou wrote:
Shouldn't it just be "Allies cannot die"? I mean, you don't count YOURSELF as part of allies, since it's referring to allies, and not THAT monster.
Technically, you are one of your allies. You're an entity on the same team as yourself.

While on player auras we have the room to spell out "you and allies" in cases which affect both, monster stat descriptions are intentionally short to make them easier to read in a hurry. The other monster auras say "allies", this one which is the exception by not including the monster with the aura specifies "other allies" to signal the way it's different.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 24, 2016, 3:45:16 PM
Alright.
What about that run-on sentence? :)
When talking to Zana after failing her mission, one of her lines is written:

"If there's no risk, then you're not standing anywhere worth being."

The voice actor doesn't say the word "standing".
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mushuukyou wrote:
Technically, you are one of your allies. You're an entity on the same team as yourself.

While on player auras we have the room to spell out "you and allies" in cases which affect both, monster stat descriptions are intentionally short to make them easier to read in a hurry. The other monster auras say "allies", this one which is the exception by not including the monster with the aura specifies "other allies" to signal the way it's different.

That makes sense from an in-game engineering jargon point of view, but it doesn't make sense in English. I think that was Mushuukyou's point. ;)

I recommend using English that does make sense and changing the language for other auras in order to make the desired distinction: "Allies and self [move and attack faster]."
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Mushuukyou wrote:
What about that run-on sentence? :)

"
chimpanzee wrote:
When talking to Zana after failing her mission, one of her lines is written:

"If there's no risk, then you're not standing anywhere worth being."

The voice actor doesn't say the word "standing".

"
When the 'Rauder offs the Oversoul, the text says, "Tukomaha" whereas every other instance, and probably the actual spoken word, is "Tukohama".

Fixing. Thanks!
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Feb 1, 2016, 7:03:13 PM
Aspect of Carnage, southernmost notable on the Berserker ascendancy: Beserker (missing an R). :)
The flavour text of Chieftain, Hierophant, Guardian are missing dots at the end of their sentences.

Guardian, Prayer of Glory has a lower case a on "Allies".
Not sure if this counts as a "typo," but Bestel's intro text says "a hop, skip, and a wade offshore of the Terraces," which is no longer the name of that area. It probably SHOULD still be the name, but it isn't.

Might confuse people who don't know...

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info