Spelling mistakes and typos

Back from holiday and getting these typos fixed. Thanks, everyone.
Code warrior
Promoting any member to officer in a guild.
"Name (Name) has have been promoted from Member to Officer within your guild."

Should be just has been, I believe.
Sorry if this was already posted. Not reading through 60 pages of spelling mistakes to look for a simple fix.

Edit: Reported this as a bug even tho probably wasn't needed. Incident reference is 2,828,979,331.
Last edited by NDKilla on Jan 19, 2015, 10:56:06 AM
Voricci, when her turned level 6 I think.

"Though I'm loathe to admit it"

http://i.imgur.com/8U6qdJC.jpg?1
What seems to be the typo? :)
"I'm loathe to admit[..]" is perfectly acceptable English, to my knowledge.
Thaumatic Sulphite:

Upon acquiring this item it says "you have acquired the Thaumetic Sulphite"

It should read "some" or remove the word "the".

Reasoning behind this is:

If you don't pick up the quest from Dhalia, you have no idea that "the" sulphite is important, thus it should be "some" or just "you have acquired Thaumetic sulphite. The word "the" signifies that the character knew it was important before ever knowing it actually was.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
What seems to be the typo? :)
"I'm loathe to admit[..]" is perfectly acceptable English, to my knowledge.

Loathe is a feeling in this context. How can he be a feeling? Should probably be something like, "Though I loathe to admit it..."
Iron Grip word confusion (in the Skill Tree)

'as well as Melee Attacks' implies 'including' and should therefore read 'as it does Melee Attacks'.
Keeping it the way it is causes some confusion so as to be misinterpreted since strength already increases physical damage by default.

Therefore, Iron Grip is supposed to benefit projectile attacks only not physical damage also like the current Iron Grip description seems to imply. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Infernal Blow word confusion (in the Skill Gem tooltip)

The word 'they' should be 'it' because 'the enemy' is singular, not plural, like the word 'enemies'.

When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 16, 2015, 2:42:37 AM
1. I have no idea what is supposed to be confusing about Iron Grip.
Strength grants Increased Physical Damage, and by default it only applies to Melee Attacks.
Iron Grip applies Strength's Increased Physical Damage to Projectile Attacks as well.
It does exactly what it says it does?

2. 'They' is a gender-neutral singular pronoun. Wikipedia.
TIL that "loath" is an adjective and "loathe" is a verb. Zczu is right.

Iron Grip looks fine to me. Normally, players receive a bonus to Physical Damage of their Melee Attacks based on their Strength. With Iron Grip, Projectile Attacks also receive this bonus.
Code warrior
"
Vipermagi wrote:
1. I have no idea what is supposed to be confusing about Iron Grip.
Strength grants Increased Physical Damage, and by default it only applies to Melee Attacks.
Iron Grip applies Strength's Increased Physical Damage to Projectile Attacks as well.
It does exactly what it says it does?

2. 'They' is a gender-neutral singular pronoun. Wikipedia.

I already understand the word 'they' is a gender-neutral singular pronoun, yet that is not the case in the Infernal Blow tooltip. Therefore, to make more sense, the Infernal Blow tooltip should instead read, "If enemies die soon after being hit, they will explode, dealing fire damage to other nearby enemies."

And as for the Iron Grip node on the Skill Tree, let's compare the old Iron Grip description with the revised description:

The old Iron Grip description:

The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as well as Melee Attacks.

Note: Replace the words 'as well as' with the word 'including' and you will see what I am talking about regarding why it sounds odd.

vs.

The revised Iron Grip description:

The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as it does Melee Attacks.

Which one makes more sense? Am I still wrong in my reasoning as to why the old Iron Grip description is at least somewhat confusing?

The old Iron Grip description seems like it repeats what Strength does for Physical Damage because we already KNOW Physical Damage is affected by Strength.

Therefore, why repeat what Strength does for Physical Damage again by using the words 'as well as' in the old Iron Grip description? The words 'as well as' imply 'including', whereas the words 'as it does Melee Attacks' compares how Strength affects Projectile Attacks LIKE it does Melee Attacks.

Do you see the difference?
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 15, 2015, 2:42:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info