Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Hartsa wrote:
Twin Terrors passive skill says "increased Critical Strike chance" while it gives "increased Critical Strike damage multiplier". That's how it worked for my duelist atleast. I had 11% crit chance and 204% crit dmg after I took that passive skill.
I have checked, and this passive definitely increases critical strike chance while dual wielding, not critical strike damage multiplier.

Is this still valid? I'm thinking on investing in this passive, and I see it has 3x +25% crit chance passives in front of it, meaning one would have 150% chance to crit which is nonsense. It would make sense if it was +150% crit damage.

Edit: unless it's not additive passive but multiplication. In that case skill might use some rewording, maybe 'increases your crit chance 1.75 times" or something like that

Generally speaking, when you see 'plus xx% stat' it's saying it adds xx% of the base natural stat.

Critical chance starts at 5% natural(naked and without passives), 25% of 5% equals 1.25% so 'plus 3x 25%' isn't 150% (155% total). It's really adding 3.75% on top of your chance.

5% + ( 3 x (5 / 4 = 1.25%) ) = 8.75%

We can stack an addition 40% on top just for example:

5% + ( 3 x (5 / 4 = 1.25%) + (40% of 5 = 2%) ) = 10.75% total critical chance.
Last edited by Sophung on Dec 25, 2012, 7:19:32 PM
It will look unprofessional with some grammar mistakes on the game (www.pathofexile.com/game) part of your website so I'm here to report them !

First : First piece of text on the page "...based in New Zealand and (instead of "and" it's "that") have created..." (If you read the rest of the text it makes sense)
Last : Item System text "...random properties has been ." (full stop? I think you tried to say "our goal" before the full stop)

The best regards from your mighty Archmage , Vengard !
Last edited by ArchmageVengard on Jan 2, 2013, 4:24:32 AM
"
First : First piece of text on the page "...based in New Zealand and (instead of "and" it's "that") have created..." (If you read the rest of the text it makes sense)
That's correct in the context of the actual sentence:
We're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that we'd want to play ourselves.
The 'and' is correct there. The sentence says two things about the GGG team, linking them with 'and'.

"
Last : Item System text "...random properties has been ." (full stop? I think you tried to say "our goal" before the full stop)
This is also correct. The full sentence is:
Any game system that can be itemised with random properties has been.
Adding 'our goal' here does not make sense. It's saying we've itemised any system that we could.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
That's correct in the context of the actual sentence:
We're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that we'd want to play ourselves.
The 'and' is correct there. The sentence says two things about the GGG team, linking them with 'and'.

"
This is also correct. The full sentence is:
Any game system that can be itemised with random properties has been.
Adding 'our goal' here does not make sense. It's saying we've itemised any system that we could.

Thanks for the reply , sorry if I ate a bit of your time :)
On http://www.pathofexile.com/classes the text for Intelligence (Blue): The Witch reads:

"
Intelligence confers knowledge – of both arcane magic and deadly combat techniques. It is represented on weapons through improved critical strikes. Intelligence armor pieces grant the wearer a mystical energy shield which protects them from blows and can recharge when they are out of combat. Monsters aligned with intelligence are often weak spell-casters who can be dangerous if not immediately dealt with. Our announced Intelligence character class is the Witch.

Are intelligence aligned monsters really "weak spell-casters"?

* Edited to more correctly reflect how I read this statement.
Last edited by Jalish on Jan 16, 2013, 5:06:25 PM
(...) FRAGILE spell-casters would be more precise and better.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
you have defence with a c and offense with an s in the character screen, thats mixing british and american english, just sayin
Steam:Gonejah
On the login screen: "We're updated" - shouldn't it be 've?
In Act 3 after getting the keys from Clarissa, Hargen SAYS "platinum" but the text reads "golden"

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
This one made me sperg out pretty bad :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info