Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Hartsa wrote:
Twin Terrors passive skill says "increased Critical Strike chance" while it gives "increased Critical Strike damage multiplier". That's how it worked for my duelist atleast. I had 11% crit chance and 204% crit dmg after I took that passive skill.
I have checked, and this passive definitely increases critical strike chance while dual wielding, not critical strike damage multiplier.
"
Syntastic wrote:
I'm thinking that mana should in fact be aura.

"Mana" is legitimate. The only quirk here is that most of the time it refers to a specific game mechanic, but here it does not. Hm, I guess this applies to "aura", too...

Fixed the Freezing Pulse and Abyssal "Specter" typos.
Code warrior
"
Ledrif wrote:
Two axes are named Gilded. Although its understandable it gets confusing >.<

Are there? I only see one...(maybe it's already fixed?)

"
Psychofrump wrote:
Each time I see an "imp dagger", I wonder if it's supposed to be an "imperial dagger"?

No, there is an "Imperial Skean", but "Imp Dagger" is correct (see also: Fiend Dagger and Demon Dagger).

"
Razorphilia wrote:
(interesting stuff)

"Aura" has a conventional meaning in English, and even if you don't know exactly what the term means in relation to the game you can get a general idea. Most English speakers will have encountered it in books or whatnot.

I hadn't really thought about it before, but here in New Zealand "mana" is a well-known concept that is an important part of the indigenous Maori culture. Most Kiwis will have heard this term and have a general idea of what it means, spiritually. So, while it obvious to me (and our writer), perhaps it is not so for the rest of the world.

Given the context of how "mana" is used here, is it easy enough to intuit the spiritual meaning, or is it just confusing?
Code warrior
Looks like that the one-handed "Gilded" ax has already been renamed to "Decorative", but might not have been pushed to Beta yet.
Code warrior
For in-game text and dialogue, we have settled on using NZ/British spellings. Ergo, "civilisation", "despatch", "sceptre", "colour", "to-MAH-to", etc.

I think the Alira's usage of "mana" is fine.

Google search for "poniard": 367,000 hits
Google search for "poignard": 5,600,000 hits
--> Poignard it is. Even if it is "super-French".
Code warrior
I've fixed Tarkleigh's "to" missing a t.

The apostrophe thing I will look into later.

If anyone sees any other mistakes with foreign words (like "poinard"), make sure to post it here!
Code warrior
"
Kyliathy wrote:
Disclaimer: yes, I'm a grammar nazi.

EXCELLENT.
I've fixed the extra space and also "aroud".

Sorting out the apostrophes was surprisingly annoying, but will be done soon.
Code warrior
It's a well-established fact that Grammar Nazis are better than other people.

Code warrior
Fixed "arounf", also "unafected" from the same paragraph.
Code warrior
Fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed...
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info