What MBTI personality type are you?

Oh yes, the IQ masturbation is funny. Not disputing that :)

There was a recent funny discussion on Quora about that, we concluded the ideal Quora badge looks more or less like this: IQ 163, polymath, autodidact, [random personality disorder], I love cats.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 8, 2017, 6:03:30 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Where did Quora come from? Every second fucking google search takes me there now!

Interesting aside: GF just emerged from her nap (she hates winter and it's cold here, so she hibernates when she can), read the results of my MBTI and was like 'silly, you got the same result years ago.'

It has several hundred million users, I assume this affects google search results. That's how I discovered it actually. Was researching about something, Google linked me to a few interesting answers on Quora, I started reading, and that's that.

It's a good site. Not perfect by any means, but serviceable.

Your girlfriend is a keeper.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
PoE does not attract extroverts. Not surprising in the slightest.
I've gotten different results from different personality tests.

ISTP
Introvert(34%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(47%) Perceiving(6%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (34%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (47%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (6%)

https://www.16personalities.com/istp-personality

But based on what's said here about ISTP, that's mostly me.

INTP. Logician. Sounds about right. I think

Edit: I remember doing one of these when I was in college and I got ENFP. Oh how times change.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
Last edited by Doomstryver on Jun 8, 2017, 7:21:26 AM
"
Doomstryver wrote:
Edit: I remember doing one of these when I was in college and I got ENFP. Oh how times change.

This is where the percentage values could (maybe) be interesting. Might be that you've been teetering on the edge between E/I for example, and puberty pushing you over the edge just a bit - or a lot!

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Interesting how few Es we had here. We may act a certain way but when the crunch comes, we're all mostly still Is. True Es are a whole other breed. I think some of us would probably find them intolerably vapid or shallow, although they may be neither.

Probably the safety of the screen, I would imagine. Got enough social interaction for one day? Just tune out and you're all alone in an instant, with nobody around to call you out on it.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Interesting how few Es we had here. We may act a certain way but when the crunch comes, we're all mostly still Is. True Es are a whole other breed. I think some of us would probably find them intolerably vapid or shallow, although they may be neither.

Probably the safety of the screen, I would imagine. Got enough social interaction for one day? Just tune out and you're all alone in an instant, with nobody around to call you out on it.

It's not just that. Online communication, especially in a forum, is about 10% of the information conveyed in a face-to-face talk. Nonverbal communication is 90%, and it is lost here. Nonverbal communication is also the main sensory input channel which overloads people who score high on introversion, with our friend Vipermagi here being in the upper layers, I presume.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 8, 2017, 8:20:10 AM
"
Doomstryver wrote:

If i took the test merely 3 years ago there would have been a major (60+ if not more) favor on E while now i know im a solid I. Fascinating to think about cause that change happened literally over a 25-30-days span. Other small details would be totally different too but the change would be over a much larger period of time.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
Only "issue" i found the questions were too straightforward and thus too easy to manipulate results (not that it matters for the average person)

I considered that as well, but only after taking a number of them, having already decided that my first result was indeed the most accurate; I wanted all subsequent tests to match, even though it really doesn't matter and is hardly going to be 100% the same each time. That you felt the test was easy to manipulate the first time through might in itself be an interesting indicator of personality type.

Interesting enough it actually is a trait of the INTP which was highlighted in my previous post "Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought". And that's also why i was even more fascinated by the test, and put 2 close people of mine to take it too. The results actually were pretty accurate again, when the person isn't actively trying to manipulate the answers.

"
Regulator wrote:
Only "issue" i found the questions were too straightforward and thus too easy to manipulate results (not that it matters for the average person)

"
Bars wrote:

About the tests being easy to manipulate, this is indeed true, it's easy to identify most questions along the axis of extroversion/introversion, rational/emotional and so on. The question is, why would someone want to manipulate them when the whole point is to learn something about your own personality? Whom are you trying to cheat, yourself? lol

In an average case scenario about the average person that would indeed be pointless. That changes though totally when you are victim of various mental disorders (minor or major). There are, for example, people that unknowingly and involuntarily perceive themselves for something they are or are not and either want to be or don't want to be. They are not trying to cheat but are answering depending on their relative perception of reality. Or narcissists (and all their subtypes) they don't care they cheat themselves (or they don't even consider it as such) as long as the results are advantageous for their public image.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Vipermagi wrote:

This is where the percentage values could (maybe) be interesting. Might be that you've been teetering on the edge between E/I for example, and puberty pushing you over the edge just a bit - or a lot!

Ah, I probably should've included those. I can't remember the exact numbers though, but the general gist I can.
I was pretty firmly entrenched, like 50%.
N was above 90%.
T was sub 10%, so very gray area between T and F for me.
P was also very high, above 80%.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
I found a site describing profiles in more detail,

http://personalityjunkie.com/more-type-profiles/

It provides at least few more pages of material if you're interested and talks a bit about auxiliary functions.

Also some mentioned how their results would change over years.

We have to take into account, that someone might be half half or even one third of every type and that might even change over years, due to trauma, changing lifestyle and simmilar. Our personality evolves with age.

You could say we have an archetype of personality which will adapt to external factors and psychological internalization of said external factors.

Failure to adapt leads to some disorders/ailments which psychologists know better (I studied it only cause I had to among pedagogy and didactics) and that also affects it all.

I find it important to know yourself and conquer yourself. It helps with overcoming our negative traits, or at least becoming sensitive and aware of them.

Among the numbers of billions living humans, there is high probability that someone would easily find himself in agreement with about and more than 50% of descriptions of these types. And that is actually fine. If you want a psychological profile, you will go to a profiler and he will do that job for you while mbti is more like a tool that anyone can use to categorize himself/herself/itself within a certain structure, in this case mbti system.

And to add up, Bars mentioned quora perfect person. I can't comment on much of it, but I can only say being a polymath in certain cases is actually awful. You can really find yourself knowing everything and being capable of wide spectrum of things, but that also means you aren't destined to master it. Main factor that is negative in polymath life is time. Each thing you want to learn or study, requires time. And with time things pile up and you're left on intermediate level of understanding/ability and progressing onto another.

I really admire people that are able to specialize in certain subjects, that is a world apart from me. Although I'm on path of specialization, I still find myself lost in countless areas of interest and work.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info