You go...girl?

"
Raycheetah wrote:

it has always been my understanding that eunuchs were castrated, not completely dismembered

It depended on a variety of factors and both were practiced, but the most important was the age at which it happened, and the duties of the eunuch.

If a grown man gets castrated, his gun is still fully functional. Hence those selected to take care of the women in a harem for ex. were dismembered if older.
If they were prepared for eunuchs from an early age, they were typically castrated, as they posed no threat to the 72 virgins - they were not interested in women at all.

Eunuch singers were also castrated, and it happened at a very early age.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jun 7, 2017, 11:28:46 AM
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Genitals have nothing to do with gender [Removed by Support]

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

My perceptions of reality are likely about to be disrespected by those who wish to enforce their own paradigm upon me, but, does he have a penis? Then he's a man. ='[.]'=

I agree with you but

this is a man you just offended :*(

Spoiler

I can't speak to the fellow in question, but it has always been my understanding that eunuchs were castrated, not completely dismembered. At any rate, an individual with a penis who claims not to be a man is not the same as one who has actually lost his penis for reasons other than to assume a different gender identity. =^[.]^=

well I never really had a deep thought about it, if it was only the balls or the pole that was cut. One thing for sure is, if you have a penise you're a man, you're not a woman.

this man tho! we know he didn't only lost the balls

Spoiler
If one has a penis, one is a male; if one has a vagina, one is a female. I use these terms in roughly the same way I'd describe USB connectors. These are different terms from "man" and "woman."

For all matters of psychology, neurology, and consciousness — that is, the aspects worthy of impacting one's identity (although one is free to define their identity by any aspect
or aspects, however idiotic) — one is a man if one's brain is under the effects of a high-testosterone, low-estrogen hormone mixture; similarly, one is a woman if one's brain is under the effects of a low-testosterone, high-estrogen mixture. These chemicals have important effects on the brain and the body that should not be ignored.

I utterly reject the notion that one can change their gender by whim, but I simultaneously reject the notion that gender is immutable once determined by genes.

To be legitimate, those claiming a gender that does not match their genitals fall under at least one of two hormone-based categories:
1. They are under the effects of a hormone supplement administered into one's body.
2. They have a hormone irregularity within their body that produces a hormone balance contrary to their sex (genitals). In this regard, there are some who truthfully claim this, some who incorrectly claim this, some who don't know and wish to find out, and some who don't know and don't care. In any case, objective verification is possible.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 7, 2017, 12:31:14 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If one has a penis, one is a male; if one has a vagina, one is a female. I use these terms in roughly the same way I'd describe USB connectors. These are different terms from "man" and "woman."

For all matters of psychology, neurology, and consciousness — that is, the aspects worthy of impacting one's identity (although one is free to define their identity by any aspect
or aspects, however idiotic) — one is a man if one's brain is under the effects of a high-testosterone, low-estrogen hormone mixture; similarly, one is a woman if one's brain is under the effects of a low-testosterone, high-estrogen mixture. This chemicals have important effects on the brain and the body that should not be ignored.

I utterly reject the notion that one can change their gender by whim, but I simultaneously reject the notion that gender is immutable once determined by genes.

To be legitimate, those claiming a gender that does not match their genitals fall under at least one of two hormone-based categories:
1. They are under the effects of a hormone supplement administered into one's body.
2. They have a hormone irregularity within their body that produces a hormone balance contrary to their sex (genitals). In this regard, there are some who truthfully claim this, some who incorrectly claim this, some who don't know and wish to find out, and some who don't know and don't care.

No one does it on a whim...wtf are you on about? [Removed by Support] At least youre not affecting kids and people that actually know about this stuff.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
No one does it on a whim...wtf are you on about?
Are you telling me that there are zero fake trans posers in existence? "Virtually no one," maybe... no one at all, that would be incredible.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
So if genitalia has nothing to do with gender, and there are tons of transgender people taking hormones and going through surgery to alter their genitalia in order to "fully" transition, how does that work?

Are they wrong, or are you wrong? Or is no one wrong and people are welcome to consider their gender what they like under any terms that they like? Can you understand why there might be so much confusion?

This is a sincere question, being as predominantly when you try to search this stuff to understand it most of what you are going to find is nothing but opinion pieces, which frequently contradict one another even amoung trans and LGBT based websites.
Last edited by BodyHammer01 on Jun 7, 2017, 12:45:51 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
No one does it on a whim...wtf are you on about?
Are you telling me that there are zero fake trans posers in existence? "Virtually no one," maybe... no one at all, that would be incredible.

There are confused people like with anything else. Doesnt mean theyre common.
I ain't touching this one with a ten foot (or inch) pole.

HEEHEE HEE
Censored.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
More transphobia, great. You do know a trans woman has the same hormone levels as a non trans one, right?

"He told the Courant that his daughter will begin consultations about hormonal treatment in June."

The difference here isn't a matter of competitiveness or training. It is physiological and it's not even close:

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jun 7, 2017, 12:56:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info