Chicken mod?

This most recent event that ran, it was very hard for most people, me included. I have no real problem with this, it's an event and people are basically fighting for rewards.
Maybe i'm just simple minded but i can't even imagine how people develop such skill to advance in the game when it's so hard during this race event. I click on some streamers links so see how they are actually doing it and.... things i see just disappoint me beyond belief... whenever they are close to dying, they quickly log out into character screen and then log in again, standing safe in the town with full hitpoints again, the boss haven't even reset so they take their portal back down and continue the fight where they left it.

I spoke to a friend that has known of this for a while and he even tells me there is a so called "chicken mod" that logs your character out automatically when hitpoints get low.
Seriously?
What was the "hardcore" settings for again? It would seem as if many of the hardcore players aren't that hardcore after all. This feels like a cheat to me, either to cheat to keep your gear in regular HC, or a cheat that causes you to not die in these events, garanateeing you a spot amongs the rewards.

What surprises me even more is that GGG actually allows this? WHY!??
This function needs to stop, else it takes the fairness out of every competition or hardcore race event, heck, regular hardcore aswell!
At least put a few second delay into it, so when you are not in town and want to log out, your character will have to wait 5-10 sec before actually logging out.

Hardcore is supposed to BE harcore, if you die you die, you shouldn't get logged out to get another chance.

This whole thing just angers me so much.

No bending the rules, no using glitches or scripts, no botting.

Maybe i'm wrong but, if you can't play hardcore fair, then you shouldn't play hardcore at all.
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2017, 4:51:13 AM
I feel the same, the game shouldn´t be designed around this, instant leech and instagibs.
It´s not fun at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info